BlueSkyy

Automatic Dragon "Tags"

Sorry if you don't play Pokemon Go, but if you do this will make more sense.

I was hoping to suggest a feature that automatically "tags" dragons with certain attributes which can then be used to sort them.

I know that players can already create groups like this, but manually adding dragons when you have no easy way to narrow down a list of thousands is still daunting. The key point here is that the tags are added by the system, not the user, so that the user can do a search for "drake" and narrow their results to only drakes. (To avoid confusion with player-named dragons that may share similar words, the tags could contain an asterisk or some other symbol to make them a unique identifier.)

For example:

" *Drake " - all drakes automatically gain this tag

" *Two-Headed " - all two-headed dragons automatically gain this tag

" *Alpine " - for eggs stolen from the Alpine habitat

" *Caveborn " - for all caveborn dragons (i.e. not bred dragons)

" *Valentine " - for all Valentine dragons

Etc.

Ideally, it would also be able to tag by generation (2nd gen, 3rd gen, etc.) but perhaps that's asking too much.

Again, I understand that players can do this to some extent by using dragon naming and grouping, but the idea is to make the process faster and easier for the player. These tags must already somehow be in the system, because when selecting a two-head to breed, it only shows other two-head mate options. So there must be a tag attached somewhere.

I'm not sure if I understand the suggestion correctly, and I don't think it's explained anywhere on-site at this time, but it is already possible to type things like #cb, #2g, #alpine or #khusadragon into the filter bar. However, I don't think we can presently filter by our own groups (except in the drop down) or by events or breeding groups.

44 minutes ago, Mewtie said:

I'm not sure if I understand the suggestion correctly, and I don't think it's explained anywhere on-site at this time, but it is already possible to type things like #cb, #2g, #alpine or #khusadragon into the filter bar. However, I don't think we can presently filter by our own groups (except in the drop down) or by events or breeding groups.

OMG are you serious right now? If this is already partially implemented then my day just got a whole lot better! *runs to check*

ETA - Okay, well that's awesome. In that case, this thread is to say that this feature is awesome and we definitely need some more searchable tags, like breeding groups, holiday dragons, etc. and perhaps a key or something to explain the feature exists and what is searchable.

Edited by BlueSkyy

1 hour ago, Mewtie said:

This is so useful, how did I miss it? Too bad it doesn't work for breeding, or within a group. I like OP's suggestion for "obvious" tags to be created automatically, but I'd still like customizable tags, especially since the hashtag search doesn't pull up breeding groups or different holidays (I don't want to take this off topic though, I'm sure all there is to say has already been said in the old suggestion thread for tags, but I still like to hope...)

The issue with "obvious" tags is who decides what's obvious ?

9 hours ago, Mewtie said:

it is already possible to type things like #cb, #2g, #alpine or #khusadragon into the filter bar.

Oh wow! That's awesome! I just learnt something new today!

That's just when you use fertility though, right? Or do we have a filter bar somewhere I'm not seeing?

(No one mentioned the word "fertility" in this thread so far so I'm suddenly wondering if I've missed something...)

Adding multiple dragons to a group has a filter.

Hey wait wow just a sec....

OK  :blink:    now if ONLY there were a way to "select all" when adding filtered dragons to a group.....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

click the first, scroll down, shift+click the last

(or ctrl+click to multi-select dragons individually)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Oh I knew the individual one - but thanks for the other !

WAIT - When I did that what I got was that the image of the last dragon vanished. All were not selected at all....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The issue with "obvious" tags is who decides what's obvious ?

Well apparently CB, 2G (etc), biome of origin, and breed of dragon are already considered that. Breeding group seems like a given, too, but honestly I wouldn't care what the default tags were as long as I could make my own, just like we can with groups.

I'm still amazed by this hashtag feature. It's helping me find mistakes I made when trying to group my dragons (misclicking the 2G group when I meant to click CB, etc). I wish I'd known about it when I was originally making the groups, it would have saved me SO much time! I just wish I could click to the dragon page from the filtered list, to make it easier to remove a dragon from the group it was added to mistakenly (or to prevent me from adding, say, a 3G stair to my 3G even gen group). Or if there were a filtered search within the group so I could check for mistakes that way.