kdawson36

Pargulus Pygmy Lineage Plans

After seeing the adult sprites, I think I can say the Pargulus Pygmies are one of my favourite breeds!

I'm going to be doing the 20 week breeding challenge and thanks to the drop I've decided I'm definitely going to be going for a Blue Pargulus/Glowback Pygmy lineage. I don't have a template as not sure how to make them, but would love to hear what everyone else is planning to go for with their Pargulus babies.

I'd also love to do a red one, probably with the Coral pygmies and a green with either Misfit or Pipio pygmies. Decisions, decisions!

So, what do you guys plan to do?

Aaah the Avea Pygmy goes so well with the blue! I love my blue colour schemes so this makes my soul happy ^_^

I really like the red ones... and look at this:

image.png.ee5542cab6458e64f1abaa5e8dbae1a8.png

Oh, and I think with the addition of these colorful new babies, we will definitely be able to make some fantastic pygmy rainbow lineages! 🌈

Oh that looks absolutely gorgeous! I also had a look at the crimson flare pygmy and they would go wonderfully with the red pargulus. Definitely gonna have to start looking at a rainbow lineage

i was thinking to try the green/citrus ones with pumpkins, but the red/peach ones look amazing! 

i love it when the highlight in one breed is picked up by the main body in the other in a lineage, but i'm actually not sure what the green ones will look best with. common pygmy, maybe?

Edited by miaou

How about green Pargulus x Mimic Pygmy?  Probably actually prettier with the other genders, but I already bred my green female to a Pumpkin, so that'll have to wait.  (Actually, pumpkin might look better with green male than with green female, too.  Really have to get more Pargulus pygmies...)

Oh, and blue Pargulus x Pipio.

Edit after eggs hatched/grew: the only Pargulus of the lot, the one with a green (Desert) mother and Pumpkin father (location "Cave"), hatched red.

Edited by Pilauli

I was definitely eyeing up the Pipios, to go with either green or blue. At the moment my blues are going to be part of a glowback/pargulus lineage but I'm hoping to expand my pygmy selection. The green with the pumpkin looks so gorgeous!

I was really looking forward to breeding these sweeties, but I heard a rumour they breed random. Anyone know?

We're not sure it's completely random but there definitely is some randomness involved. There appears to be a connection with the parental biomes when bred. I don't think we've seen enough bred ones yet to have an idea of the percent chance of which color you'll get.

if it's not a high percentage of randomness, i seem to be particularly unlucky so far. in my statistically very insignificant sample size of 4 attempts that gave a pargulus egg, this is how they've hatched:

only one pair gave a color associated with either parent. :3 hopefully this isn't indicative of anything. 

on topic, i like all of them with pumpkins! i'd also like to try blue pargulus with seawyrms, maybe.

15 minutes ago, miaou said:

if it's not a high percentage of randomness, i seem to be particularly unlucky so far. in my statistically very insignificant sample size of 4 attempts that gave a pargulus egg, this is how they've hatched:

I bred a Pumpkin to a Red Pygmy, and the result was also red.

That's three out of three Pumpkin x Pargulus breedings that resulted in a red hatchi then.

Which might be complete coincidence. 😆

Edited by Fly-by-Night

16 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

That's three out of three Pumpkin x Pargulus breedings that resulted in a red hatchi then.

i just bred 2 more red pargulus with pumpkins, so let's see what happens...

also, i definitely like blue pargulus x seawyrm (fingers crossed for a blue child...)

I was trying for a pargulus to test the color and got a kovos instead XD 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/xcCfa 

Edit: I think all three colours are nice with pipio and I would be interested in mixing the colors in one lineage! 

Edited by Zhiyi1015

Once my next batch grows and I have eggspace again I can do some testbreedings for colors. I don't really have any lineage plans with them right now, so if anyone wants to take in some eggs let me know your desired pairings. :)

On 6/2/2020 at 5:23 PM, Fly-by-Night said:

red/volcano pargus x cave pumpkin = red

so that's 4 for 4 red pargulus with a pumpkin parent. the other one i bred hasn't come through the ap or hatched yet.

edit : make that 5 for 5. the one @Pilauli linked to above hatched red too. 

if anyone has a blue or green pargulus with a pumpkin parent, i would love to see it! 

Edited by miaou

Of my tiny sample of four:

Volcano red and jungle misfit produced red (matches pargulus)

Volcano red and alpine magelight produced red (mystery user gave her a nice name XD) (matches pargulus)

Coast blue and coast kovos produced red (matches neither pargulus nor mate's location)

Desert green and jungle red-tail produced green (matches pargulus)

Sniffed around other scrolls

Volcano red and volcano red produced blue (no match)
Volcano red and volcano crimson flare produced red (matches both pargulus and mate's location)

Volcano red and coast coral produced red (matches pargulus)

Volcano red and coast kovos produced red (matches pargulus)

Forest red and coast coral produced red (matches pargulus)

Alpine blue and forest glowback produced green (matches neither pargulus nor mate's location)

Alpine blue and alpine blue produced red (no match)

Coast blue and coast blue produced blue (match)

Coast blue and volcano pipio produced blue (matches pargulus)

Coast blue and jungle glowback produced blue (matches pargulus)

Desert green and coast mariner produced blue (matches mate's location)

Conclusion: They mostly match the pargulus parent, except PB pairs, which are random?

Edited by Dirtytabs

11 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

Conclusion: They mostly match the pargulus parent, except PB pairs, which are random?

if this is truly the case, then i have just been super unlucky! 😕

i don't come to the same conclusion about randomization being only with purebreds, though, since the 4 "no match" pairs above are half pb and half pargulus x other pygmy (and there are all the pargulus x pumpkin that are red no matter what the pargulus parent is...). 

i think this might need more research/experimentation. does anyone know if this is being tracked anywhere besides this thread?

For a very short time, I had a theory about elements playing a small role in colour decision, but Pumpkins don't even have an elemental alignment ...

(aka that theory didn't hold up)

I'll need to check my Cave-based Pygmies to test more ... when I have space.

note to self:

try https://dragcave.net/view/pv34 with female blue once grown up

try https://dragcave.net/view/9mcb with male blue once grown up

try https://dragcave.net/view/EsPm with male green

try https://dragcave.net/view/tA3Y with female green

try https://dragcave.net/view/m9G4 with male Market red

try https://dragcave.net/view/0rvA with female Market red

waiting for https://dragcave.net/lineage/oDCQm

to hatch

Kyanite Volcano father (Earth) and Pargulus green Desert mother (Life) = red (matches father's biome)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 hour ago, miaou said:

if this is truly the case, then i have just been super unlucky! 😕

It was that and/or ... maybe Cave mates' colours do a thing sometimes?

I forgot that CB pumpkins can't be from anywhere but Cave. :rolleyes: I'm going to watch this one: https://dragcave.net/lineage/JWLzI

Edited by Dirtytabs

On 5/29/2020 at 6:12 PM, Pilauli said:

How about green Pargulus x Mimic Pygmy?  Probably actually prettier with the other genders, but I already bred my green female to a Pumpkin, so that'll have to wait.

Okay, dragons came off cooldown, so here are a couple more test cases (which I do think look prettier - partly because these lineage tiles seem better matched in scale.)

M jungle Mimic x F desert (green) Pargulus

M desert Pargulus x F cave Pumpkin

oh, i really really like the male mimic x female green pargulus. i never would have thought of that combination but the contrast is very appealing. thanks for the pretty idea, @Pilauli

i'm watching with great interest to see what color the one with male pumpkin hstches...! 

Edited by miaou