Jump to content
TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

Recommended Posts

I think it is some kind of salamander. There are blind ones....

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Me too. Hard work, isn't it !

It sure is when there are this many breeds and variations. But mainly it just takes time.

 

I'm thinking bred alt for the red version of the brilliant blue spots one.

Share this post


Link to post

I was wondering about that too.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

 

I'm thinking bred alt for the red version of the brilliant blue spots one.

Nope, I've just seen a CB red version from Alpine in one of the hatcheries.

 

UPD.

And one more. It was from Alpine, too.

Edited by Laliana

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Could it have been TJ's ?

 

No - his have no biome. Interesting....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Share this post


Link to post

Oh darn - mine are neither of them from Alpine.

Share this post


Link to post

Spotted a 3rd one, from Volcano. So it's probably not a biome thing.

Share this post


Link to post

So, then it probably depends on when the eggs were stolen. My egg was stolen before 6 am so that's why it hatched blue despite hatching after 6 am. Those eggs that hatch red now probably were stolen after 6 am, while the eggs that hatched earlier hatched blue because they were stolen before 6 am. Hatching time doesn't matter though.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Caileh said:

So, then it probably depends on when the eggs were stolen. My egg was stolen before 6 am so that's why it hatched blue despite hatching after 6 am. Those eggs that hatch red now probably were stolen after 6 am, while the eggs that hatched earlier hatched blue because they were stolen before 6 am. Hatching time doesn't matter though.

That makes sense. I am rather glad they are NOT bred alts.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Caileh said:

So, then it probably depends on when the eggs were stolen. My egg was stolen before 6 am so that's why it hatched blue despite hatching after 6 am. Those eggs that hatch red now probably were stolen after 6 am, while the eggs that hatched earlier hatched blue because they were stolen before 6 am. Hatching time doesn't matter though.

 

I saw some hatching red a few moments ago that were at 3d 16h and 3d 18 h. So if I don't calculate wrong they also were stolen before 6 am. I think it depends on hatching, maybe hatching after 8 am?

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:

 

I saw some hatching red a few moments ago that were at 3d 16h and 3d 18 h. So if I don't calculate wrong they also were stolen before 6 am. I think it depends on hatching, maybe hatching after 8 am?

Yeah, so did I now so it can't depend on the time it was stolen. So your theory that it depends on hatching before/after 8 am seems to make the most sense!

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Crikey, reading through all this lot is making my brain hurt.

I now have a pair of each colour of pygmies! 😁

 

ETA:  Err...scrap that - a volcano one just hatched yellow!!

Edited by quinney

Share this post


Link to post

I had zero luck with the blancblack hybrid. Still need two of those. 

Share this post


Link to post

Oh whoops. I didn't realize it was The Birthday till just now!

I have a lot of catching to do. 😅

Share this post


Link to post

I forgot to put my stuff in a hatchery so I guess I'll have to wait even longer to catch up on the stuff I missed the first day.

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Caileh said:

So, then it probably depends on when the eggs were stolen. My egg was stolen before 6 am so that's why it hatched blue despite hatching after 6 am. Those eggs that hatch red now probably were stolen after 6 am, while the eggs that hatched earlier hatched blue because they were stolen before 6 am. Hatching time doesn't matter though.

 

Mine were stolen within minutes of each other....

Share this post


Link to post

Whee!!! lots of pretty hatchlings. So now I'm working on a second batch of eggs. I'm having trouble finding the seed pygmy eggs though. Anyone else having trouble with those?

Share this post


Link to post

Ooooh, I love hearing what everyone thinks about the blue spots! Whatever it ends up being, I hope they're easy enough to get.

 

I was all excited about getting my frozen goals down to about 150, this is about to rise them up quite a bit!

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Is there any chance that the distinction (blue spots hatchling color) is based on time stolen, but with a different dividing line?  For instance, maybe 4AM/8PM?  Or maybe some interaction of laying/stealing-time and hatching time (something like, "if it was stolen before 6AM and hatches before 6AM, it will be blue; if it was stolen after 6AM and hatches after same, it will be blue; if it was stolen before but hatches after, or was stolen after but hatches before, then it will be red"?  Or "If the time left until the egg dies includes an odd number of hours, it will be one color, and if the tluted is even, it'll be the other" maybe).  I admit I can't think of any reason why either of these would make any lore-based sense, though.

 

It's possible there'll be a hint in the adult's description, so we might be able to tell tomorrow when TJ's grows up.

 

 

1 hour ago, quinney said:

I now have a pair of each colour of pygmies! 😁

 

ETA:  Err...scrap that - a volcano one just hatched yellow!!

Is that the hatchling on your scroll right now?  The yellow-orange-red one?

 

There are actually two colors with yellowish manes, one with a green body and one with a red body.  Does your hatchling actually contradict the current theory?

May 2020 seed blue hatchling May 2020 seed blue mature hatchling blue - alpine and coast

May 2020 seed yellow hatchling May 2020 seed yellow mature hatchling green-and-yellow - desert and jungle

May 2020 seed orange hatchling May 2020 seed orange mature hatchling red-and-yellow - forest and volcano

 

Edited by Pilauli

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still having an awful time trying to find the slippery eggs in the coast; they can come from there, right? They seem to be everywhere in the forest and jungle, so their relative coastal scarcity is rather mind-boggling.

Share this post


Link to post

I can't remember for certain but I know the coast is always a hard place to get things in my experience. I think the wiki has been getting updates though!

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Is there any chance that the distinction (blue spots hatchling color) is based on time stolen, but with a different dividing line?  For instance, maybe 4AM/8PM?  Or maybe some interaction of laying/stealing-time and hatching time (something like, "if it was stolen before 6AM and hatches before 6AM, it will be blue; if it was stolen after 6AM and hatches after same, it will be blue; if it was stolen before but hatches after, or was stolen after but hatches before, then it will be red"?  Or "If the time left until the egg dies includes an odd number of hours, it will be one color, and if the tluted is even, it'll be the other" maybe).  I admit I can't think of any reason why either of these would make any lore-based sense, though.

 

It's possible there'll be a hint in the adult's description, so we might be able to tell tomorrow when TJ's grows up.

 

 

Is that the hatchling on your scroll right now?  The yellow-orange-red one?

 

There are actually two colors with yellowish manes, one with a green body and one with a red body.  Does your hatchling actually contradict the current theory?

May 2020 seed blue hatchling May 2020 seed blue mature hatchling blue - alpine and coast

May 2020 seed yellow hatchling May 2020 seed yellow mature hatchling green-and-yellow - desert and jungle

May 2020 seed orange hatchling May 2020 seed orange mature hatchling red-and-yellow - forest and volcano

 

Ah, right - it threw me as the blue one just has one colour.  Doesn't take much to confuse me, but I'm so glad I'm wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.