Viirin

Fixing Unclickables

Is anyone ever going to fix the random error that makes it so certain dragons cannot be clicked by their owner until someone ELSE clicks it, then both count?

I'm starting to get annoyed at the 0 clicks dragons and eggs, since they've absolutely been clicked (by me, owner) but show nothing until I get someone else to do it. Then I can click my own and it shows 2.

15 minutes ago, Viirin said:

Is anyone ever going to fix the random error that makes it so certain dragons cannot be clicked by their owner until someone ELSE clicks it, then both count?

I'm starting to get annoyed at the 0 clicks dragons and eggs, since they've absolutely been clicked (by me, owner) but show nothing until I get someone else to do it. Then I can click my own and it shows 2.

You should be able to cache-reload the /view/ page of the affected dragon and then your click should count (e.g. in Chrome on Windows, you'd hold Ctrl and click the reload button) if it didn't previously count, without anyone else having to interact with the dragon in the meantime.

That said, it's admittedly true that a fix would be nice! It does seem to fail to count about every third or fourth time for me. Would be nice if the workaround weren't necessary, or at least not quite so often. :)

Yep. And the ones that don't accept their owner's clicks need at least 24 hours (even if you reload over and over with a clear cache) to try again. I finally got mine to 1 click but it took about 2 days.

4 hours ago, Viirin said:

And the ones that don't accept their owner's clicks need at least 24 hours (even if you reload over and over with a clear cache) to try again.

That's never happened to me, for the record. Cache-reload always gives me the click, immediately. I guess you've got a different issue, then, than I observe. Good luck getting it fixed, either way. :)

I've found that if cache clearing doesn't work to get a click on an egg, quitting and then opening dragcave in another browser does.

Usually just clicking 'Show HTML/BBCode Links' and clicking the egg from there loads the click for me.