Capricornus

Deceased dragon changes in lineages

I have a few lineages with an all-deceased first generation of dragons (Example 1, Example 2) and the tombstones are no longer showing up (interestingly, the lineages with dragons that were killed a long time ago, like the dragon here, still have them). Non-even generation dragons (like this one) are still having the tombstones show up, but as (Deceased) instead of with the code (previously, it was only older dead dragons that would show up that way, and dragons that were killed more recently would display their code).

Is this an intentional change or a glitch?

Screenshots (dragon lineages in the order linked above):

Spoiler

531405623_5-14SoulpeaceKingcrowneDeceasedDragons.png.41072814f0db357464bc0455228c528c.png

891477072_5-14CarinaDeceasedDragons.thumb.png.75a51272b1e8825d133903b53fb203ca.png

1359425916_5-14SilverTinselDeceasedDragons.thumb.png.257643b42551cbe71c31afbe8d60c118.png

371672928_5-14SoulpeaceDeceasedDragons.png.654bc5a8f9ef8089a756f68b8c030ada.png

Edited by Capricornus

Noticed this earlier with one of my Carina lineages and was curious about it! Glad to know I'm not the only one who ran into the same thing.

I'd say it's intentional probably and really pretty. I will still mourn the fact that dead dragons lose their names again apparently - for personal reasons.

Might be an early part of TJ's birthday present for all of us?

OK this is definitely TOO cool not to be intentional - have you guys noticed it KEEPS the EG  look even if you mix old deadline with new by adding the missing tombstones accordingly

:O I'm impressed

Edited by Herk

I'm so hoping it's intentional but I'm worried it's too good to be true, haha. I'm into deadlines because they're the closest thing to checkers with hybrids, and I'd be super excited if they now look like the real thing.

Edited by Capricornus

What?

... All my 2nd gens from dead parents have lost their lineages?  :(  The CBs were deliberately named, too. Now there's not even a link to them anymore. I hope they come back somehow. I adapted my play style to how DC works regarding dead dragons, and it would be rather disappointing if it all changed.

I know some players have wanted to remove names from dead dragons, and it would be nice if they could, but the dead dragons who were specifically named to appear in lineages should not suddenly lose their names, and even less just disappear from lineages.

... I mean I wouldn't mind being able to create a ton of "CB" Prizes. (Or "CB" hybrids when I don't like the CBs needed to make them.) I'll just still be sad about my lost ghost dragons.

The deadlines have it probably due to it being a higher number lineage, or like it being in the 4th image, there are more lineages before that, therefore it shows up to avoid confusion of thinking it is CB. But I think it's better to have them show up to avoid confusion that is. At least people can now see 'PB' Carinas or other hybrids. I hope this would be implemented back. 

Edited by icearashi

If this sticks, I think I'll go on a killing spree XD