purplehaze

20 Week Breeding Challenge: 2020 - has ended!

Crap didn't post as a link. Sorry..

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I am failing bad at this. Breeding issues galllllloooooorrrrreeee lol 

And pretty sure I messed up my lineage. 

I will still be dropping a prize offer when the time comes. This was fun practice for sure. 

Edited by galleri

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/U8j8J

What Gen are you on now?: 11th

I have been so busy with my new job... but I finally got around to rebreeding and the venturis won out this time! 

On 8/6/2020 at 5:28 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Crap didn't post as a link. Sorry..

Not a problem.

16 hours ago, galleri said:

I am failing bad at this. Breeding issues galllllloooooorrrrreeee lol 

And pretty sure I messed up my lineage. 

I will still be dropping a prize offer when the time comes. This was fun practice for sure. 

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. :(

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage):  https://dragcave.net/lineage/dSd2x

What Gen are you on now?:  13th

Another Fever!

21 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Not a problem.

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. :(

I am having fun though! :)

2 hours ago, galleri said:

I am having fun though! :)

Well, that's what really matters! :D

We have reached the halfway mark and are heading into week 11! Anything can happen, so don't lose heart if you are trailing. Hopefully you are all at least having fun with this.

Update has been posted.

@rinoa26 I think the fever is a pretty choice as a mate. Maybe try again with the fever next week (tomorrow?), and if it still doesn't breed a cloudplume, you can try an alternate mate the following week. Perhaps you could even breed a sibling of your current gen (Tectrices Quartz) to double your odds of a cloudplume the following breeding if your next breeding fails?

Dark green would be pretty, but looking at your group it might look a little odd rainbow-wise to go from dark green back to the lighter green of the green gemshard. Some other mate ideas that might look good could be a bright-breasted wyvern or maybe canopy if you want to keep the hints of yellow?

Another idea would be to skip right to the gemshard mate for your next breeding and then follow up with the dark green dragon or some sort of teal colored dragon to help transition to your blue mates.

Looking forward to seeing what you decide! Loving your lineage so far :D 

@galleri There's still time to build your lineage up! You have a large portion of august, all of september, and the beginning part of october. ^_^ I bet you still have a chance to at least get up to 10 generations if you wanted to. Do you need any help catching caveborns or anything? I'm happy to help :) 

@Zerhai Congrats on your new job! Your lineage is looking stellar so far ❤️ 

@Paintra happy to see you back with a new little one! It's looking good! :) 

12 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Slow down! Wait for me! XD

XD 

Edited by Kigyptnee

12 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Slow down! Wait for me! XD

Can't slow down, no brakes. XD

4 hours ago, Kigyptnee said:

Dark green would be pretty, but looking at your group it might look a little odd rainbow-wise to go from dark green back to the lighter green of the green gemshard. 

Another idea would be to skip right to the gemshard mate for your next breeding and then follow up with the dark green dragon or some sort of teal colored dragon to help transition to your blue mates.

Looking forward to seeing what you decide! Loving your lineage so far :D 

You're reading my mind, aren't you? :o

I was thinking of skipping right to the Gem and breed the Dark Green afterwards (currently also dealing with a Fire Gem instead of Dark Green).

There's still the Fever option as I think it fits better than the Dark Green or Fire Gem. Maybe I should try again tomorrow but breed all my other Fevers before to increase my chances for a Cloudplume.

To rebreed an earlier pair and go with a sib line is a good idea I haven't thought of before. That's definitely worth a try!

Thanks a lot for the input! Still undecided which option I take but I'm sure either will improve my line ^_^

Also so many pretty lines here! :wub:

It's interesting to see how other breeds interact different within their pattern. Especially those with only two breeds. So those Parguluses (Parguli?) looks very funny and colorful.

6 hours ago, Kigyptnee said:

@Paintra happy to see you back with a new little one! It's looking good! :) 

Thank you! :D I have 2 more Kingcrownes ready, so if my Lihnseyres keep breeding true I'll be set for a few weeks! 

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/ifa15

What Gen are you on now?:  14th (although by its code the egg seems to think it is 15th XD )

Only my second healer!

So I decided to try again with the Fever. After all it was the breed that fits best into the line in my opinion.

Bred all other Fevers on my scroll first and got the desired Cloudplume this time!

Thanks again to @Kigyptnee for all the input. I rebred a lower gen and will try this line with the Gaia I replaced with the Green earlier. how this will go :)

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/tRm8e

What Gen are you on now?: 14th

@rinoa26 yay! Congrats on your cloudplume! ❤️ Fingers crossed for your sibling line as well :) 

@purplehaze Congrats on your second healer! :D 

Also, here’s an update ^_^ 

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof: Isn’t he adorable?

What Gen are you on now?: 16

He’s my first bred common pygmy for the lineage! XD

Couldn’t decide what color his future mate should be, so I bought him one from the market. She’s green. I guess green Pargulus just really love my scroll :P