jis99

Encyclopedia Problem?

The last. But the issue is with an egg of one's own. If you have viewed your own blue Xol egg, you will never be able to count it as a red.

It won't ever count as OWNED (sadly), but you can at least make it count as observed. You CAN OBSERVE your own red egg. Grab or breed a Xol without going to its view page, incubate it, NOW go to its view page, then drop it. Repeat 4 more times and you have your unlock.

Doesn't need anyone else for that.

Of course, just looking for red eggs in hatcheries to click works much faster.

And instead of continueing in endless circles here, I'll just go and have myself another tea.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

That was the point. The OP expected to get one egg count as blue and then again as red. Because they had OWNED it in both forms. But as they had already viewed it (and owned it) as blue, nope.

Is the result of this discussion that we can simply never own* a red Xol egg?

* in the sense of "encyclopedia counts it as owned"

(I just got hit by a severe déjà-vu attack. Is this an error in my brain, or has something very similar been discussed a while ago? Can't have been with Xols, but maybe a different breed with weird mechanics?)

2 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

(I just got hit by a severe déjà-vu attack. Is this an error in my brain, or has something very similar been discussed a while ago? Can't have been with Xols, but maybe a different breed with weird mechanics?)

Celestials. The hatchlings are corporeal until frozen or grown up. So you cant use your own for incorporeal hatchlings unless you freeze and wait a month.

3 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

Basically - yes - not so much a result as a conclusion.

:v I don't believe that. I mentioned earlier, I was able to unlock the Red Xol Egg as "owned" by grabbing a CB and influencing it without ever viewing the egg.

And I most definitely have not viewed 15+ eggs, regardless of their color.

Edited by ValidEmotions

Some have managed. Some have not. I just don't think it's reliable to assume it will work.

On 5/19/2020 at 12:34 PM, ValidEmotions said:

And I most definitely have not viewed 15+ eggs, regardless of their color.

Where is that number coming from? An egg only needs 5 views to unlock the sprite.

4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Where is that number coming from? An egg only needs 5 views to unlock the sprite.

Ah, sorry. I was thinking of the adult views.

Though, my point still stands. I haven't viewed 5 of either egg to unlock the image in the encyclopedia that way. It's how I'm certain I unlocked both through ownership.

This is kind of crazy, but after almost a year, I finally unlocked the red Xol egg sprite. I have raised six red Xols and six blue Xols. No matter how many hatcheries I visit or whatever I was doing, I could not unlock that red egg sprite. Just now, I grabbed one out of the AP, incubated it, it turned red, and afterwards I noticed that it was unlocked. But I don’t know what I was viewing. I don’t know if I was on the lineage page or the view page. At least I finally got it unlocked!