Fuzzbucket

ANSWERED:Cave freezes every five minutes

I am not alone here - see TLQ. Every five minutes, just seconds after the drop, the cave  freezes and won't load for about 20 seconds. Not just in the biomes - for anything cave-ish you try to do, but it's most annoying in the biomes as you can't refresh or catch.

This has been going on for several days now - can anything be done ?

Thanks for bringing this to its own thread, Fuzz.

This problem does not seem to be related to the number of people in the biomes and indeed was not an issue in the first day or so of the new release when one expects a bit of lag.

I have been trying to time this out and it seems to start about 5 to 10 seconds after the shuffle and lasts 10 to 20 seconds.

When I am doing things on my scroll I can always tell when the cave is shuffling because I get that same lag everywhere.

It has been going on for at least the last 4 or 5 days and is getting a bit old. I hope there is something that TJ can do about it.

Yea I thought it was normal at first, I got to go to 3 biomes each time and then it freezes for a long time. 

I am hunting the AP right now EVERY time it freezes, I look at the time and every time it is on a five minute time. It's like clockwork.

YES, thanks for this thread! It was happening yesterday but I wasn't on the forums so I just tried to avoid the 5-minute marks, still happening this morning. It's everywhere too, even seems to happen when loading a lineage or scroll if it's at that 5-minute mark. It's very annoying.

It's anything caveish - working with dragons or hunting or even checking lineages. (On the plus side the egg I knew I had failed to catch later turned up on my scroll ! I got a freeze, then a someone else may have grabbed it first.  Clearly the person who grabbed it first was me!)

Yeah, it's becoming concerning that it's happening this long. I don't think this has happened after other releases for this long. Lag is expected shortly after but this has...been a while. Hopefully TJ sees this and can fix it, or at least let us know what's going on if it's something he can't fix.

I don't think this is release related - it's too widespread and not just in the biomes.

hopping in to say i am also very put off by this :( combined with the hourly lag which bas been going on for a while, i basically stopped hunting entirely!

I think it is "shuffle related", and it did start shortly after the release, but I agree that it is a lot worse than after other releases. So I hope it is a new and fixable "oops, forgot to reverse the polarity after adding Xols" thing and not just "too many people refreshing at the exact same time, we can only wait until some of them stop doing that".

It's definitely worse at the 5 minute mark, but I'm also experiencing random little but noticeable lag spikes between the 5 min shuffles as well. 

I think I may have been blaming IP for something it's not responsible for...

:lol:

This is every 5 minutes, though - not what you were getting the other day, I think....

33 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

:lol:

This is every 5 minutes, though - not what you were getting the other day, I think....

I think I'm getting a bit of everything from both, which together has proved quite horrendous at times.

3 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

I think it is "shuffle related", and it did start shortly after the release, but I agree that it is a lot worse than after other releases. So I hope it is a new and fixable "oops, forgot to reverse the polarity after adding Xols" thing and not just "too many people refreshing at the exact same time, we can only wait until some of them stop doing that".

It's possible it's somehow related to the shuffles, but I can't imagine how it would be a 'too many people' thing, it's way past the new-release flooding of people in the biomes. There really hasn't been a large number of people in the biomes as far as I can tell. For reference, at the :55 mark just now there were only 16 users in the volcano and less than 10 in each other biome, but that freeze still happened a handful of seconds after the shuffle. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

Poking my head in to say I've noticed this as well, the site lags and it's almost always at the shuffle times.

also me adding i definitely noticed this at the 4:35 drop this afternoon.  i clicked in 2 biomes and it loaded right away, and then on the third one, it lagged for a little bit before finally loading in.

It's lagging a few weeks now with images not loading properly for me. (Dragons on scroll or eggs on AP/in cave or even the easter eggs.)

It takes one or two refreshes to show all images on one page. Really annoying at the AP. ;)

But now it's even worse and no fun anymore.

"Good" to see, it's not my mobile's fault (since it happens on my desktop, too).

(In fact it's not good if something is wrong, you know...)

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

I've been experiencing a bit of lag myself. Though it's not exactly horrible, it's definitely been happening. I don't notice it much as my computer is pretty slow anyway.

There are three categories as far as I can see:

1. Hourly lag. Just after drop, extreme, and lasts for at least 20 seconds.

2. 5 minute lag. Occurs just after drop and lasts 5-20 seconds.

3. Random lag that happens sometimes after the minute mark or at 2:30 in between drops. Lasts for 3 ish seconds.

Same problem that I have been having,  5 minute lag. Occurs just after drop and lasts 5-20 seconds.

I thought it was just me, but I guess not.

I've been investigating some load issues that actually started a full week ago. The problem should be fixed now and all of the various graphs I'm looking at are returning to normal levels.

If there continues to be problems/slowness, keep this thread active.

Thanks TJ - it does seem a lot better today.

The five minute lag is fixed, but there is now 30 second lag at the 1 minute after refresh mark sometimes... or is that just me?

:D working great for me at the 5 min marks, thanks tj!! so happy to go back to cave hunting