Jump to content
UnicornMaiden

Allow Custom Sorting for Pre-set Groups

Recommended Posts

As it is right now we can choose how we want to sort the dragons in each group that we create. However, there are also the scroll groups that are pre-set on our scrolls (Eggs/Unfrozen Hatchlings, Unnamed Hatchlings/Adults, Available for Breeding, Available for BSA, and Ungrouped). These always sort according to whatever the scroll is set to sort by. It would be very nice if we could set how these groups sort, same as we can do with the groups we create.

 

In particular I want to be able to set the Available for BSA group to sort by breed without needing to have my scroll set to breed. It would make it quicker to find the dragon for a particular BSA. I can temporarily switch to breed sort with the drop-down menu, but it is tedious to do that every time I open the group. I would really like if I could set it once and have it always open that way.

Share this post


Link to post

I think the OP is talking about the filters that drop down on the left, not the actual groups that we create ourselves.

I can see how it would be helpful to be able to breed sort those if you don't already breed sort your scroll. I use a modified breed sort on mine, so don't feel the need for it myself, but can see how it might help others.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, I know we can custom sort the groups we create. I am talking about the groups that are standard on each scroll. When you drop down the menu at the top of the scroll it has your own groups, but it also has the options for Eggs/Unfrozen Hatchlings, Unnamed Hatchlings/Adults, Available for Breeding, Available for BSA, and Ungrouped. Those automatically sort according to whatever your scroll is set to.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, UnicornMaiden said:

Yes, I know we can custom sort the groups we create. I am talking about the groups that are standard on each scroll. When you drop down the menu at the top of the scroll it has your own groups, but it also has the options for Eggs/Unfrozen Hatchlings, Unnamed Hatchlings/Adults, Available for Breeding, Available for BSA, and Ungrouped. Those automatically sort according to whatever your scroll is set to.

Those aren't groups, though, they're filters on top of an existing set of dragons. You can apply those same filters to groups, for example.

Share this post


Link to post

You can make a group of all your bsa dragons and bookmark/breed sort that, or groups for each bsa breed. I don't really see the point of customizing filter sorting when you have better alternatives.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

I don't really see the point of customizing filter sorting when you have better alternatives.

Agree there. And they show up in the menu too.  

 

5 hours ago, UnicornMaiden said:

Those automatically sort according to whatever your scroll is set to.

I think they remain as how you customised your scroll or if you do not, then probably it is automatically sorted by what you set your scroll since it is just filtering out the other dragons. 

Edited by Zhiyi1015

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

You can make a group of all your bsa dragons and bookmark/breed sort that, or groups for each bsa breed. I don't really see the point of customizing filter sorting when you have better alternatives.

That's still an extra page load, because after switching to such a group, you'd still want to apply the "available" (for BSA, breeding, naming ...) filter so you only see the usable ones.

Your idea is NOT a better alternative - it's exactly the same as the original issue.

 

Scroll filter "available" => pageload => temp sort => page load => locate dragon

Scroll filter "your selfmade group" => page load => group filter "available" => page load => locate dragon

 

Being able to auto-attach a temp sort to the predefined filters would save one page load of up to number-of-dragons-per-page items each time:

 

Scroll filter "available" => pageload => locate dragon

 

Would be nice to have though one can certainly live without.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Share this post


Link to post

If you're only going to use a bsa group for the bsa filter, you can bookmark it at the already filtered page and it'll be even faster--you wouldn't need to visit your scroll at all.

 

On that note, I'm sure you can bookmark your scroll while it's filtered and sorted too if you don't want to go to the trouble of making a group for it.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Share this post


Link to post

You can bookmark hundreds of useful things. Keep doing that and looking for the right bookmark turns into yet another clickfest.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Put them in a nice bookmark folder and name them right and it's easy.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Put them in a nice bookmark folder and name them right and it's easy.

Yeah, sure. What do you think how many different folders I already have that used to make things easy? And about half of them are for work stuff.

Share this post


Link to post

I think its kind of the same issue, opening to many pages and waiting for each dragon to load in the list take time, a nusence. I think instead of a presorted option maybe let the option tree branch better, like i have almost 50 in there now. (damn targs and blackfyres) it would be wonderful if it could be a whole group, like just GOT then be able to pick which one like targs or blackfyres or starks, then have another branch thats by generation, thats my example. you might want to branch with different names like bsa which breaks down to maybe reds and whites and pinks and purples, then go to that one and you could do a cb or lineaged or pb gen 1 pb gen 2 pb gen 3. and may e a prizes group broken down to mates and prizes with further branching to generations.... those are examples, so you wouldn't be loading different pages, just the options tree, which is really just more of a list atm. make it more old school usable like windows 3.1, lol(I know before most of you were born, but they were the best versions, lol)

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/27/2020 at 1:16 AM, UnicornMaiden said:

In particular I want to be able to set the Available for BSA group to sort by breed without needing to have my scroll set to breed. It would make it quicker to find the dragon for a particular BSA. I can temporarily switch to breed sort with the drop-down menu, but it is tedious to do that every time I open the group. I would really like if I could set it once and have it always open that way.

Another way could be that this particular filter actually displays only the first X of each breed (and gender, for Pinks), where X is the number of eggs you can currently hold due to your trophy. Less scrolling, less searching, and it would still allow you to open a bunch of new tabs for "mass"-incubating!

(For BSAs that can only be used on hatchlings, like Bolts, or adults, like Purples, refresh the page when the first X have been used up.)

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to close this thread now. The feedback that it would be nice to sort quick-filters has been heard, but as I pointed out earlier, the quick-filter options are not groups. You can apply quick-sorts on top of the quick-filters, though, to accomplish much of your goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.