TJ09

2020-04-26 - April Dragon Release

well, the xols are already living up to their reputation for me because the longer i look at the adult sprites, the more intrigued and entranced i become!

and i love everything about the venturises: poses, colors, and especially the lore. feels like just the dragon we could all do with these days.

congratulations, spriters! wonderful work all around.

Edited by miaou

9 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I noticed that, too!  I think it's because anyone who can incubates!

Not everyone. lol

21 minutes ago, Spirulina said:

Funny that brown version in fact is regular according to description ;)

That's exactly what I thought, too.

31 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Nice adults!  As usual it seems clear to me that the spriters take the background into account, because it always seems like the dragons look much nicer against the beige dragon page instead of the white forum background!  I never decide on how much I like new releases until I see them on their own page!  Has anyone else noticed that, or am I nuts?

I play on the Portal 2 skin, which is an average anthracite background colour. Some dragons do look catastrophic on that background (Aqualises, for example, unfortunately - the membranes between their fingers and toes are bright pink in a way that's not at all obvious on lighter backgrounds), but most of them mesh very well, so I don't think the background colour is typically taken into account - and I'm glad it's not. :)

The Xols are lovely! ❤️ Such floaty poses; the female looks especially relaxed in the water, it's great.

And I'm happy to see a Dragon Requests dragon make it into the cave! Was the Venturis' gold fluff adjusted to be a bit shinier than they last were under public scrutiny, or am I imagining things?

They look fantastic, great job=3. But Lihnseyre army is still number one in my book=)

Edited by DarkellaLord

Love the brown Xols, they look so steampunkish!! ❤️

Have to get used to the Venturis' golden mane, I SO expected something colored like a pearlescent iridescent pearl all over XD

thanks TJ and spriters for our new babies!^^

I'm loving the brown Xols too.

My only complaint is that its name starts with an X, since the X button on my keyboard is broken I need to copy and paste it each time...

Either way, I'm a big fan of both breeds! The male Venturi kind of reminds me of the pose of the Albino dragons.

I LOVE Venturis Dragons' golden floof, especially the male one ❤️

The Xols are also very cool and unique, absolutely gorgeous design!

I think I prefer the females of both new species. Their shape and form would compliment other dragons.

These are some cool concepts, and they look great! Thanks for another set of awesome dragons!

It's been so hard to contain my excitement during this release! When I started the concept for the Venturises, I expected it to end up in the  void like so many other completed DRs. But actually seeing them here, as an official DC breed...it's a feeling I can't even describe. Thank you so much to SkyWolf25 and spatio for bringing them to life, as well as TJ for selecting them! 

Congrats to Mewtie as well on another gorgeous dragon! I love everything about the Xols. The new alt mechanic is really neat too! I just hope I can remember to not mindlessly incubate everything XD

Woohoo!! Venturis is finally here~ 

Thanks TJ and spriters for the new releases, it'll take me a while to complete those blue Xol! 

Wait... @spatio!!!!!!

IS this your first dragon in the cave???

CONGRATS!!! SPATIO!!!!

(If not and I forget about a different dragon, I apologize, but stiLL!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!)

Also, thank you spriters and TJ for lovely dragons!

Now, I just have to get over the fact that *not* incubating these guys is actually harming them developmentally. :(

(I don't typically incubate my eggs.)

Edit: I missed that you made the lovely Eradors! I'm sorry! (I'm usually more on top of that.) So, late Congrats on making it into the cave! And congrats on your first normal release!!! :D)

Edited by Shokomon

*squeees!* Oh goodness I'm so excited for these dragons!! And apparently I remembered the Venturis adult female almost perfectly but not the male at all? That male was a shock, wow! I do like the female better but that's possibly because that's the one I remember and already loved. I absolutely love the coloring on these beauties, I don't always care for the more brightly-colored breeds but the gold mane here is a wonderful compliment to their shiny purple/white body.

The Xol dragons are very nice too, an interesting name that I had to look up for the reference. I *love* their lore, the siren-esque quality is very appealing to me. It's pretty cool imo to see that the 'alt' we have to incubate for is actually the natural coloring and the 'regular' egg/dragon color without incubating are the less common ones lore-wise. And of course the adults are very pretty, I especially love the brown/red coloring simply because it's not something that's seen as often in-cave as blues are, the different shades of brown and the highlighted/lighter spots seem very unique.

Gasp! I love both adults!!! Totally pairing the Easterns with Snow dragons and Radiant Angels and the other with Hellfyre Wyverns and Decepis. This is awesome! Another great release and a welcomed addition to the cave!

Two cool new breeds! Neither one is jumping out as an immediate favorite, but I have a feeling people are going to start finding cool pairings for these that will change my mind. They do look much better on the scroll background and I think that is coloring (ha) my opinion slightly. I'm excited to see what these will look great with!

7 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

The Xol dragons are very nice too, an interesting name that I had to look up for the reference. I *love* their lore, the siren-esque quality is very appealing to me. It's pretty cool imo to see that the 'alt' we have to incubate for is actually the natural coloring and the 'regular' egg/dragon color without incubating are the less common ones lore-wise. And of course the adults are very pretty, I especially love the brown/red coloring simply because it's not something that's seen as often in-cave as blues are, the different shades of brown and the highlighted/lighter spots seem very unique.

The name is derived from "axolotl". I just looked the name up and there seems to be someone from Destiny called that, but I know hardly anything about Destiny and it's entirely coincidental.

8 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Now, I just have to get over the fact that *not* incubating these guys is actually harming them developmentally. :(

(I don't typically incubate my eggs.)

It's not really harming them. It leads to a different development that is unusual for a Xol Dragon. I imagine that the magical related capabilities of a blue individual are slightly impacted, but Xol Dragons stick together as groups. And since their blue variant is less usual, it raises attention, and they love attention.

Edited by Mewtie

4 minutes ago, Mewtie said:

It's not really harming them. It leads to a different development that is unusual for a Xol Dragon. I imagine that the fire-mana related capabilities of a blue individual are slightly impacted, but Xol Dragons stick together as groups. And since their blue variant is less usual, it raises attention, and they love attention.

Not to mention there are a few reptile species that have certain things happen to the eggs depending on temperature. Alligators and crocodiles for example; their eggs gender depending on the certain temperature of the eggs in the nest. So having an altered color isn't too far fetched. And I love 'em.

Edited by Syiren
I goofed. pesky enter button. lol

Y'know, the non-incubated variant being the "unusual" one makes sense given that wild Xol dragons go out of their way to find warm locations for their eggs. Anyways I love both of these :D