Fuzzy_Blip

Forum/Cave Username Coherency

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Thiiiiiiis. Seriously. DC is not a social media site, not a communications site, etc etc.

There is a fairly large group of people on this forum that I've seen specifically post about how the lack of contact is *why* they choose DC over other similar sites. A lot of us just want to play the game, by ourselves, be left alone. Not everyone *wants* to be social on a dragon-collecting game. 

If I just want to play the game without dealing with other people, I can do that. Thank goodness.)

ALL: this; I so agree. You want contact - name a dragon with your forum name, and link your scroll in your sig. That's ALL it needs.

It's not why I joined; I was led here by an existing player. But it is why I will never sign up to any of those games where everything has to be linked - especially what I have experienced here where technically there is no direct contact.

22 hours ago, camelia2 said:

and you have a nice pretty ignore user on forum which you can use if 'hey would you trade this?' bothers you so much.

Sidebar, I know why this is the case but I want to point out that this feature doesn't seem to work on any kind of staff. I understand why but it applies even to blocking the signature and not fully blocking the person; just thought I'd point it out as the "ignore user" button is not an all-powerful feature for eliminating contact with someone.

On any other adoptables site you know who you're messaging and who owns what (unless you're blocked) while you have to make *another account* to message on DC (which pissed me off from the very begining) and all think it would be a tragedy if DC would work as you'd expect.

In the case of DC it's not entirely a privacy issue. From what I understand, TJ is under some sort of contract from Facebook that prevents him from making DC "work as you'd expect". Making another account for the forum takes like ten seconds of extra effort, it's not worth the potential breach of whatever's keeping TJ from just linking the two sites.

By my experience ...

... the ignore/block feature still lets them send messages to you, actually. The "blocked" person doesn't get notified about this, it seems, and you, if you have email notifications for messages active, get the usual email INCLUDING the contents of the message (which you actually WANTED TO NOT SEE) and the choice if you MAYBE POSSIBLY want to NOT ignore that person who SHOULD NOT HAVE MESSAGED YOU TO BEGIN WITH.

That happened a couple of months after the upgrade from the very old forum to the newer version. I don't know if this was changed in the meantime, but considering Invision's habit of "fixing" things that NEVER NEEDED FIXING TO BEGIN WITH (like the "last active" timestamp when you're logging in ANONYMOUSLY) and thus effectively DISABLING privacy options, I don't think they removed that block-unblocking "feature".

Good point - I forgot that you do get to see the messages now. Even so - I don't think.... @Ruby Eyes - Ruby - I am going to ignore you. Give me a minute and then message me...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Ah, there was indeed an update, it seems.

Fuzzbucket cannot receive messages.

But only if I try to start a new message. In an existing message thread, I don't get that red text.

I see, I've been removed from the other thread XD @Fuzzbucket

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I just removed you from the existing thread.... But yes - that's good. (I'll go put you back now !)

3 hours ago, Wingedchamp said:

I agree

What is it that you agree with? Wanting forum and usernames linked, or the concerns about having them linked, or the multiple practicality issues brought up in this thread? Or something else? 

No support.

I put my scroll link in my signature, but I wouldn't want my scroll and forum name linked anywhere else.