UnicornMaiden

Let White Dragons Ward Hatchlings

Ward can only be used on eggs. If a hatchling gets sick you can fog it, but you can't give it any additional protection. I don't see any reason why Whites shouldn't be able to to Ward them.

1 hour ago, UnicornMaiden said:

Ward can only be used on eggs. If a hatchling gets sick you can fog it, but you can't give it any additional protection. I don't see any reason why Whites shouldn't be able to to Ward them.

Sick hatchlings are almost always because they were sick as eggs and didn't recover before hatching. With the possible exception of the extreme case of EATW getting hacked, I've never actually seen hatchlings die from it. And I spent a great deal of effort at it for baby zombies once upon a time.

I, mean , if others feel its needed I'm not against it. But my experience says it would be a waste.

Someone viewbombed my egg/hatchy. The bombing came around the time it hatched, so I'm not sure if it got sick as an egg or not. I'm just glad I caught it in time to fog.

I've had plenty of sick hatchlings that got sick *as* they were hatching because certain breeds seem to need a lot more stats (*glares at Zyus*), but I don't remember ever actually having one die. I'm not against this per se, I'm just not sure how many users would actually need/use it? 

The hatchy got over its sickness, but the bombing left it with over ten thousand views, so I'm just going to leave it fogged until it's down to four days.

Even if the hatchlings are less likely to die than the eggs I don't see why warding shouldn't be an option. The hatchling in question this time was a common, but if it had been rare I would have been a lot more worried.

I'm not sure it's needed either - I have TRIED, many times, to bomb hatchies to death for zombie purposes and have never succeeded. I've actually got close to 20k and still....

With the new sapphires which need more views than usual, they got a higher risk of them becoming sick. Mine for example. :(

Mine are sick and I would love to have the possibility to protect them. I can't see why Whites could only be able to ward eggs? 

I didn't use ward for a very long time since it was implemented, and was actually under the impression that it was meant for both eggs and hatchlings lol. Both can get sick, so it just made sense to me. I wouldn't be against this suggestion. 

On the other hand, from what I've heard of others it seems to be practically impossible to kill hatchlings by viewbombing. Would have been a very decent way to speed up zombie experiments actually, so I'm inclined to believe that if it was doable, people would have found out about it already. So regardless of this suggestion, don't worry too much about your hatchlings, they're not as fragile as eggs. ;)

Edited by MissK.
Typos

3 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

With the new sapphires which need more views than usual, they got a higher risk of them becoming sick. Mine for example. :(

Mine are sick and I would love to have the possibility to protect them. I can't see why Whites could only be able to ward eggs? 

What MissyK says is correct, someone (sorry I forget who) with the help of their friend tried to viewbomb a hatchie to death and weren't able to. I want to say they got it up to 10k OV? I don't like seeing my hatchlings sick (my sapph yellow is right now) but apparently it's unlikely they'll die.