TJ09

2020-03-17 - Festival of Eggs Submissions

Last year, we opened up both the Festival of Eggs and the Halloween Trick-or-Treat events to community submissions. Both events received a great amount of interest and the feedback has been positive, so we're continuing the process this year.

All submissions must be sent via PM to @Event Art Submissions. The deadline for submissions is April 8. UPDATE: We have hit our limit for eggs. No new submissions are being taken at this time. Thanks to everyone for your submissions.

Here's some base guidelines:

• The egg is the main theme, so you must be able to see the egg in the sprite.
  • Size limit of 50x50px.
  • Images must be submitted in PNG or GIF form.
  • Eggs must be pixel art, which generally means that overall color count is limited and pixels are intentionally placed. Do not use e.g. filters or anti-aliased tools such as Photoshop's paint brush.
  • Eggs may be animated, but should not use rapid or flashing effects. Animated PNGs are allowed, but your mileage may vary.
  • Semi-transparency is allowed.
  • Images must not be shared publicly before the event begins.
  • Eggs may be rejected for reasons other than those in this post—namely, there will be a general quality bar. We'll try to provide useful feedback around rejections.
  • Only one submission will be accepted per-person.

There are a limited number of spots available. Art will be accepted on a first come, first served basis which only applies when the art is deemed to meet all of the above guidelines (that is, if you need to make changes and resubmit, that bumps you to the back of the line).

Sent! Very hyped for the event 😊

Edited by Arkee

I'm so glad this is happening again! It's so fun to see all the different things people come up with that wouldn't have been there otherwise. 

(And I'm looking at the times on the posts in this thread, how do you guys finish pixel art so fast?! My lame attempts always seem to take much longer.)

^It had better be a seeker jet of some kind!

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Being totally uncreative myself I am always amazed at the designs that others come up with. Good luck to all of you!

Oooh this is awesome! I'll definitely send something in :) Glad this is a thing again!

Just sent in mine! Good luck to everyone, can't wait to see what this year's FoE brings :)

YEEHAW!!!

I was honestly worried that there wasn't going to be a submission opportunity this year, thankfully it was just late! Time to get to work!

There we go, submitted my entry. I hope it's good enough ^^ Good luck everyone and have fun while working on the sprite!

first time doing this, we'll see if mine was good enough. or early enough :D

I remembered I could get reference of egg outline and crack sequence. Where could we get them again?