trystan

Coronavirus Discussion

Trump also attended a fund-raiser in New Jersey on Thursday night. Not sure what he knew or when he knew it, but he may have already known that he was covid positive. He at least knew that Hope Hicks had tested positive and he had been exposed. At any rate, no masks were in evidence there.

Edited by purplehaze

Just a question (even though, apparently, Biden tested negative): What if both candidates get killed by covid? Who will be the new candidates? Not that I wish for that to happen, but right now, it's a real possibility. Because, well, it can take several days for the virus to have spread enough in a person's body in order for a test to notice.

6 minutes ago, olympe said:

Just a question (even though, apparently, Biden tested negative): What if both candidates get killed by covid? Who will be the new candidates? Not that I wish for that to happen, but right now, it's a real possibility. Because, well, it can take several days for the virus to have spread enough in a person's body in order for a test to notice.

just read this a little bit ago: the RNC would pick the new repub candidate.... so i'd think the DNC would pick the new Dem candidate

We’re in the final stages of the presidential election. What happens if a candidate withdraws or dies?

The bottom line is that the RNC would determine who the replacement candidate would be, should it come to that unfortunate situation. And Republican slates of electors in states the president won, because he remains on the ballot, would very likely follow the RNC’s recommendation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/10/02/were-final-stages-presidential-election-what-happens-if-candidate-withdraws-or-dies/

my apologies if it's behind a paywall.... it lef me view this one, but when i clicked on another link, i had to sign in. oops.

So news has released that among Trump's symptoms fatigue and he has had a fever since this morning 

According to the news on German TV, Mr.Trump will be taken into a hospital via helicopter where he is supposed to stay for several days.

27 minutes ago, Astreya said:

According to the news on German TV, Mr.Trump will be taken into a hospital via helicopter where he is supposed to stay for several days.

Yup. Last I saw, the helicopter sitting on the White House lawn had been waiting over half an hour for him.

Maybe im just a bit of a suspicious nature but i heard they were giving him the antibodies treatment and now i hear " he is going to the hospital as a precaution" or did they not say as a precaution im working so i havent been seeing the news.  its been a not so slow escalation makes me think this is more serious than they are letting on. He and his WH tend to downplay things. So idk.

Edited by AngelsSin

I think it will be very difficult to discern the truth, because this administration is not familiar with the concept of truth. We will not know whether to trust anything they tell us. Just like with everything else.

*sigh*

120372114_1049596388803288_2688302596245

Edited by Lagie

32 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I think it will be very difficult to discern the truth, because this administration is not familiar with the concept of truth. We will not know whether to trust anything they tell us. Just like with everything else.

*sigh*

They're giving him an experimental drug still going through Phase 3 of testing and checking him into Walter Reed hospital through the weekend. This is serious. "An abundance of caution" is pretty much what the UK said about BoJo when he went to the hospital for covid as well, and we all know how bad his case got. I'm keeping Trump in my thoughts. I don't wish ill on anyone, and I hope he recovers.

1 hour ago, purpledragonclaw said:

They're giving him an experimental drug still going through Phase 3 of testing and checking him into Walter Reed hospital through the weekend. This is serious. "An abundance of caution" is pretty much what the UK said about BoJo when he went to the hospital for covid as well, and we all know how bad his case got. I'm keeping Trump in my thoughts. I don't wish ill on anyone, and I hope he recovers.

I don't either and I pray for him.  

Lol Lagie. 

On 10/1/2020 at 7:15 AM, KrazyKarp said:

I really, really, really appreciate your entire post, especially this part. The "masker vs anti-maskers" truly has gotten out of hand and it is just another way of creating an "us vs. them" situation. This late in the covid game, if you're still obsessed with fighting the other side, it doesn't matter which side you're on, you're part of the problem.

Absolutely. It's permeated into just about every topic these days. Like certain people can't function without some perceived struggle against an ultimate "evil" side, some other group to feel superior over. I suppose it's that tribal, human behavior coming out. I believe that despite facebook and twitter (and other places..) being riddled with constant "us vs. them", a majority of people out there are tired of it too.

Its horrible so many people testing positive more journalists and Republicans. Haven't heard of any Democrats yet who have come down with it. and they are now saying Trump knew of his positive result as early wednesday afternoon. Which means when he went to debate Biden he knew he was positive and neglected to inform anyone of this.

17 hours ago, Lagie said:

Gotta say, I'm curious as heck.

I thought the hospital was the WH being super careful, but there are other possibilities. I do hope this helps him to see the situation differently.

I agree. I think his doctors are being very evasive and uber careful about what they say. Which make me even more suspicious of the Presidents so called last tweet. Didn't sound like him at all. "Going good i think. Thanks to you all. love!" The whole Love! Was going a bit far to make that tweet believable IMO.

I don't believe that was him tweeting i think that was someone else tweeting so others believe he was still doing ok when he isn't.

I heard on the news this morning that he is having respiratory difficulties.  He is taking Remdisavir (sp?) and Regeneron (the experimental antibody drug). 

Lagie can you repost the pic?  I can't see it for some reason.  

96 new cases yesterday, 88 on my island.

IMG-20201003-WA0006.thumb.jpg.920481af368098b6d0621b484a89640c.jpg

Edited the other post to update the image!

Spoiler

Edited by Lagie

@Lagie Thank you for reposting! And, yes, very accurate. Maybe that's what Trump meant with "Obamagate"? ;) 

I'm not sure Trump being flown out to a military hospital is actually due to him being in bad shape. If his covid infection actually is a hoax - which I still wouldn't put beyond him, this "stunt" would have the following effects:

• Attention (being flown by a chopper? Wow! Drama!) + Sympathy = Votes.
  • When he "recovers", he can claim that his wonder drugs worked. ("See, I'm awesome, and I've been right from the very beginning.") Compounded by his "providing the drugs" in question, this will make him look like the nation's savior to some. Which results in... more votes.
  • Apparently, Trump is still working from the hospital. Which makes him look like a hard-working president. "Even covid doesn't stop him! Let's vote for him!" 

It's also quite well-established that Trump has some... cowardly tendencies. And he can't hide from covid in a bunker. But a hospital with all the necessary equipment and personnel to save him, should the worst actually happen, is exactly the place he would run to. Or be flown to. Whichever.

3 hours ago, AngelsSin said:

they are now saying Trump knew of his positive result as early wednesday afternoon.

I think his donors at the Thursday fundraiser must be ecstatic about his wanton carelessness (or were that already homicidal tendencies?)...

3 hours ago, RainDear said:

I do hope this helps him to see the situation differently.

You seem to be a very big optimist ^^

3 hours ago, AngelsSin said:

I agree. I think his doctors are being very evasive and uber careful about what they say. Which make me even more suspicious of the Presidents so called last tweet. Didn't sound like him at all. "Going good i think. Thanks to you all. love!" The whole Love! Was going a bit far to make that tweet believable IMO.

I don't believe that was him tweeting i think that was someone else tweeting so others believe he was still doing ok when he isn't.

On CNN they pretty much showed how the doctor who gave the statement on Mr.Trump's current condition only read a statement that was likely written by Trump's team to  mislead the public. The doctor claimed that he "misspoke" about the timeline a little later (when the Trump team realised they totally blundered as they gave the time of infection as 72 hours ago (which made it Wednesday) and gave the doc orders to correct that, which he dutifully did. "Misspeaking" when reading from a paper? Come on!

As for the tweet - that quite a possibility! Actually I thought he tweeted it and was a bit confused due to the infection (fever and maybe some brain affection?), but your idea is much more realistic.

2 hours ago, Classycal said:

I heard on the news this morning that he is having respiratory difficulties.  He is taking Remdisavir (sp?) and Regeneron (the experimental antibody drug).

Some rumours suggest Mr.Trump needed oxygen earlier, and there seem to be voices that claim his situation is worrisome and they have to see how it will develop in the next 48 hours.

-----------------------

As of today, Saturday, October 3, 09:00 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 45 (+8.) active cases, while 567 (+-0) people have recovered. All in all there have been 626 (+8.) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 10.9 (+0.9).

Currently 10 (+2) persons are treated in hospitals, with 2 (+-0) of them in intensive care. 14 persons sadly died. 181 (-5) persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 33 211 Covid-19 tests in Oberhausen.

Source: https://www.oberhausen.de/de/index/rathaus/verwaltung/umwelt-gesundheit-und-mobilitat/gesundheit/aktuelle_informationen/informationen_zum_coronavirus/aktuelle_meldungen.php

Here is a list of the attendees at the SCOTUS event at the White House Rose Garden that have now tested positive (this event is now being referred to as a superspreader event):

1. Donald Trump

2. Melania Trump

3. Chris Christie

4. Kellyanne Conway

5. Thom Tillis

6. Mike Lee

7. Ron Johnson

8. Bill Stepien

9. John Jenkins

Everyone who went to that thing should be tested and quarantining. Some of the photos and videos from it are horrifying, they act like things are pre-pandemic with all the touching, kissing, and hugging. 

@AngelsSin I honestly don't think Trump knows what love is. Real, true love. He views everything through a transactional lens of how something could benefit him. Also, I saw the Tampa Bay Lightning had a Stanley Cup parade this week. I'm keeping an eye on covid numbers in Florida again because there were very few masks and no social distancing happening. Oh, and people were taking turns drinking beer from the Cup. I see why Dr. Fauci is so concerned specifically about Florida.

@olympe I at first thought he could be faking this, but I don't anymore. Other Republicans are bringing up the 25th Amendment since Trump will be down for the weekend. 

I'm also not believing anything coming officially out of the White House. I prefer to trust the aides speaking to the press without going on the record who mention how serious his condition is. 

Edited by purpledragonclaw
Forgot another name

10 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

@olympe I at first thought he could be faking this, but I don't anymore. Other Republicans are bringing up the 25th Amendment since Trump will be down for the weekend. 

Of course he's down for the weekend. He's quarantining in a hospital, for heaven's sake! Do not disturb the Greatest of all President's speedy recovery!

There is a very good chance Pence will be testing positive soon as well. He was maskless as well and surrounded by those who are now confirmed positive.

@purpledragonclaw 

Unfortunately Floridians aren't known for being the brightest bulb in the pack. Thankfully i think i have a good head on my shoulders and a healthy dose of common sense.

1 hour ago, Astreya said:

You seem to be a very big optimist ^^

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

My biggest hope right now is that this doesn't skew the election in his favor.

@Lagie Thanks for reposting. Curiosity satisfied.