trystan

Coronavirus Discussion

31 minutes ago, trystan said:

so far not so bad.  at the time of this post, it's been about three hours.  it was an owie at first, but now there's just a little soreness in my upper arm right now.  i have a little headache, but that could also be .... a monthly thing.

Paracetamol, or whatever your painkiller of choice is! Very helpful. ;)

3 hours ago, Lagie said:
4 hours ago, trystan said:

so far not so bad.  at the time of this post, it's been about three hours.  it was an owie at first, but now there's just a little soreness in my upper arm right now.  i have a little headache, but that could also be .... a monthly thing.

Paracetamol, or whatever your painkiller of choice is! Very helpful. ;)

a little over 7 hours now, shoulder is a little sore, but otherwise all is good. :D 

i got the Pfizer vaccine, and i have my appointment already scheduled for three weeks from now.

The B 1.1.7 mutation now makes up around 90% of the Covid-19 infections in Germany and it spreads like wildfire, it seems.

----------

As of today, Friday, April 2, 12:00 GMT+1, my home town (population 211 000) has 617 (+62) active cases, while 7760 (+65)  people are considered to have recovered. 304 (+-0) persons sadly died. 1722 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 8681 (+127) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 140.4 (+12.8).

Currently 72 (+13) persons are treated in hospitals, with 11 (+-0) of them in intensive care, 6 (+-0) of these needing artificial respiration.

All in all there have been 83 311 Covid-19 PCR tests in Oberhausen (in general) plus 1326 free fast tests (on Thursday).

There have been 25 728 (1st jab) and 10 802 (2nd jab) vaccinations so far.

----------

As of today, Saturday, April 3, 10:00 GMT+1, my home town (population 211 000) has 616 (-1) active cases, while 7810 (+50)  people are considered to have recovered. 304 (+-0) persons sadly died. 1521 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 8730 (+49) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 130.5 (-9.9).

Currently 65 (-7) persons are treated in hospitals, with 14 (+3) of them in intensive care, 7 (+1) of these needing artificial respiration.

All in all there have been 83 311 Covid-19 PCR tests in Oberhausen (in general) plus 976 free fast tests (on Friday).

There have been 26 334 (1st jab) and 10 959 (2nd jab) vaccinations so far.

----------

As of today, Sunday, April 4, 10:00 GMT+1, my home town (population 211 000) has 619 (+3) active cases, while 7822 (+12)  people are considered to have recovered. 304 (+-0) persons sadly died. 1545 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 8745 (+15) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 122.9 (-7.6).

Currently 66 (+1) persons are treated in hospitals, with 14 (+-0) of them in intensive care, 7 (+-0) of these needing artificial respiration.

All in all there have been 83 358 Covid-19 PCR tests in Oberhausen (in general).

There have been 26 840 (1st jab) and 11 107 (2nd jab) vaccinations so far.

----------

As of today, Monday, April 5, 10:30 GMT+1, my home town (population 211 000) has 582 (-37) active cases, while 7876 (+54)  people are considered to have recovered. 306 (+2) persons sadly died. 1525 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 8764 (+19) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 131.0 (+8.1).

Currently 69 (+3) persons are treated in hospitals, with 14 (+-0) of them in intensive care, 10 (+3) of these needing artificial respiration.

All in all there have been 83 358 Covid-19 PCR tests in Oberhausen (in general).

There have been 27 651 (1st jab) and 11 258 (2nd jab) vaccinations so far.

----------

As of today, Tuesday, April 6, 10:30 GMT+1, my home town (population 211 000) has 551 (-31) active cases, while 7925 (+49)  people are considered to have recovered. 306 (+-0) persons sadly died. 1422 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 8782 (+18) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 114.3 (+16.7).

Currently 74 (+5) persons are treated in hospitals, with 14 (+-0) of them in intensive care, 12 (+2) of these needing artificial respiration.

There have been 28 230 (1st jab) and 11 443 (2nd jab) vaccinations so far.

----------

As of today, Wednesday, April 7, 09:30 GMT+1, my home town (population 211 000) has 521 (-30) active cases, while 8005 (+80)  people are considered to have recovered. 306 (+-0) persons sadly died. 1422 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 8832 (+50) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 112.9 (-1.4).

Currently 84 (+10) persons are treated in hospitals, with 17 (+3) of them in intensive care, 11 (-1) of these needing artificial respiration.

All in all there have been 83 475 Covid-19 PCR tests in Oberhausen (in general).

There have been 28 815 (1st jab) and 11 625 (2nd jab) vaccinations so far.

----------

As of today, Thursday, April 8, 12:00 GMT+1, my home town (population 211 000) has 503 (-18) active cases, while 8069 (+64)  people are considered to have recovered. 307 (+1) persons sadly died. 1401 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 8879 (+47) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 96.8 (-16.1).

Currently 84 (+-0) persons are treated in hospitals, with 15 (-2) of them in intensive care, 11 (+-0) of these needing artificial respiration.

All in all there have been 83 580 Covid-19 PCR tests in Oberhausen (in general).

There have been 29 606 (1st jab) and 11 803 (2nd jab) vaccinations so far.

----------

As of today, Friday, April 9, 11:00 GMT+1, my home town (population 211 000) has 485 (-18) active cases, while 8143 (+74)  people are considered to have recovered. 308 (+1) persons sadly died. 1418 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 8936 (+57) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 93.5 (-3.3).

Currently 76 (-8) persons are treated in hospitals, with 15 (+-0) of them in intensive care, 13 (+2) of these needing artificial respiration.

All in all there have been 83 934 Covid-19 PCR tests in Oberhausen (in general).

There have been 30 482 (1st jab) and 11 803 (2nd jab) vaccinations so far.

----------

As of today, Saturday, April 10, 11:00 GMT+1, my home town (population 211 000) has 521 (+36) active cases, while 8189 (+46)  people are considered to have recovered. 308 (+-0) persons sadly died. 1342 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 9018 (+82) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 116.2 (+22.7).

Currently 77 (+1) persons are treated in hospitals, with 15 (+-0) of them in intensive care, 13 (+-0) of these needing artificial respiration.

All in all there have been 83 984 Covid-19 PCR tests in Oberhausen (in general).

There have been 31 186 (1st jab) and 11 999 (2nd jab) vaccinations so far.

[Source: Stadt Oberhausen]

Edited by Astreya

21 minutes ago, Astreya said:

The B 1.1.7 mutation now makes up around 90% of the Covid-19 infections in Germany and it spreads like wildfire, it seems.

That's scary.

Brussels had a massive gathering of younger folk yesterday due to an April Fool's prank. Why do the young think they are invincible?

Still sleepy... more so than usual. If this is the aftereffects of the first shot, it will be midsummer before I recover from the second in June. :P

it's now friday at 12:30 Cave time.  my first shot was about 4 p.m. Cave time on Wednesday, so.... 44ish hours now.  my shoulder soreness is juuuust about gone.  that was it for side effects for me.  i hope i have the same or none for the second shot.

I got my first shot a week ago Tuesday, the Pfizer 2 dose one.  If I had not watched her jab me I'd be worried I got a dud. 😄  No injection site swelling or warmth, no real soreness even hours later. If I pushed down on it it was a wee bit sore the next day but that was it. No side effects either. Though I know they're less likely on the first shot. I'm super grateful it went so smoothly and hope the 2nd one on the 15th goes as easily.

I hope for all of you waiting for yours that they also go just as well!  :)

got myself tested yesterday, got negative, so I'll visit my old stepfather tomorrow :)

Had a customer at work threaten to 'lose it' when I asked her to pull her mask up above her nose... so that's very fun.... glad I'm considered 'fully vaccinated' in a week.

i've given up telling customers their mask isn't on their nose. we've been doing this masking for almost a year.... if they haven't learned now they never will.  and so many masks are loose and falling off of faces as it is.  it's always the half-masked customers who pay with cash.  for that, i'm glad i have hand sanitizer at my register!

my second dose is April 21st, so i'll be fully vaccinated by may 5th. (Cinco de Mayo or Revenge of the Sith day? XD)

I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine through my university almost 2 weeks ago.  I thought my arm would be sore, or I'd feel a bit sick, since many were complaining of that, but I had absolutely no trouble with it at all!! Hopefully the next dose goes just as smoothly.

16 hours ago, trystan said:

i've given up telling customers their mask isn't on their nose. we've been doing this masking for almost a year.... if they haven't learned now they never will.  and so many masks are loose and falling off of faces as it is.  it's always the half-masked customers who pay with cash.  for that, i'm glad i have hand sanitizer at my register!

We're a small business, and we don't accept cash at all. Except in exact change, dropped into a baggie, lol. Screw everyone else, we're gonna be as safe as possible!

4 hours ago, Kaini said:

We're a small business, and we don't accept cash at all. Except in exact change, dropped into a baggie, lol. Screw everyone else, we're gonna be as safe as possible!

ooooh..... i wish we did that!

i've had customers read some of our signs, like the one that says something about for safely, please try to use debit or credit cards.... and then they ask if we can take cash.  it's like "well, yes.... but do you have to?"

i work at a big box craft store, and there's a huge corporate office, so that's never going to happen.  we also used to have a sign on our doors that said we're an essential business for mask making supplies.  (if that's the case, why did i get all my mask making supplies at the other big box craft store.... our competitors? XD 

30 minutes ago, trystan said:

ooooh..... i wish we did that!

i've had customers read some of our signs, like the one that says something about for safely, please try to use debit or credit cards.... and then they ask if we can take cash.  it's like "well, yes.... but do you have to?"

i work at a big box craft store, and there's a huge corporate office, so that's never going to happen.  we also used to have a sign on our doors that said we're an essential business for mask making supplies.  (if that's the case, why did i get all my mask making supplies at the other big box craft store.... our competitors? XD 

This vibes with me so hard because I used to work at a chain pet store with a prominent competitor, lol. I'm very glad I got out of corporate retail before the pandemic. Can't imagine.

We take cash. Pretty much only cash. Thankfully a local company here has made a sanitizer that my hands can cope with given that I use it a gazillion times a day! (The one the customers use, so far with no issues, makes my hands break out in a rash.)

49 minutes ago, Kaini said:

This vibes with me so hard because I used to work at a chain pet store with a prominent competitor, lol. I'm very glad I got out of corporate retail before the pandemic. Can't imagine.

it's like the usual idiots, but add in wearing a mask below their nose. 

it also looks stupid too.

47 minutes ago, Lagie said:

We take cash. Pretty much only cash. Thankfully a local company here has made a sanitizer that my hands can cope with given that I use it a gazillion times a day! (The one the customers use, so far with no issues, makes my hands break out in a rash.)

eek! glad you do have hand sanitizer you can use.

every time i get cash, i use the sanitizer.  i hate it.

On 3/31/2021 at 4:50 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

(His 70th birthday will be in December - I wonder what will happen earlier: that his *current* priority group gets him the jab, or that he turns 70 and thus "qualifies" for the higher priority group's jab.)

Our fathers were born in the same year. :) Mine already turned 70, but as yet, he doesn't want to get vaccinated, especially not with AZ.

My 2nd Pfizer is scheduled for Sunday, right before my vacation.

I was off yesterday, but when I came in today, the store manager of the grocery store that I work in was scheduling employees for the J&J vaccine. We just got it here, and he wants the employees to get it before the customers do.

They did at least 11 people today. I didn't speak to pharmacist after 2 PM, so no telling how many she did.

Edited by PrincessLucy

Got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday! Within the first 15 minutes after getting it, I had some problems with dizziness/lightheadedness and nearly blacked out. I've had that kind of reaction to other vaccines, though, so I'm not sure if it was the vaccine's fault or just me. Other than that first 15 minutes I've been fine. My arm aches a bit, but not enough to interfere with anything. 

I had my first dose of the AZ vaccine almost a month ago here in the UK. I had a slightly achy arm for a few days and a very mild headache the following afternoon (which might not even have been vaccine related).  I'm due to have my second dose, all being well, at the beginning of June.

I worked at a fair for indoor hobby stuff, furniture and gardens (I work as entrance staff there to pay for my phD), the last fair allowed in Germany was like in October when the numbers were raising really quickly and we had so many people being openly hostile towards us.

1. They didn't get a Ticket for their small kids. It's for free, but the rules were that any person from 1 day to 100 years (really any person) entering the fair ground needs to be accounted for. So everyone had to have a Ticket registered with a contact information incase of an outbreak at the fair grounds. Small kids (below 12) had free tickets that were not individualised for the kids pricavy but linked to a parent, you just had to say how many of those you needed and you'd get it via the same mail as the regular ticket for free. A lot of parents didn't request kid's tickets and of course it was our fault that correcting this mistake led to them having to wait a couple of minutes.

2. In Germany you have to register at any place you visit in case of outbreak so that possible contacts can be sent into quarantine. Don't ask how many people complained they had to register.

3. Complaints that we had a  pre-check outside the premises. That was to ensure that only people with valid tickets enter check-in zone. To keep the entry building as empty as possible and minimize the chance of larger cluster of people

4. The number of people who wore masks on the premises but not in the entrance. Dude, we are humans too you know? So kindly wear the mask until you are safely outside the premises! And don't ask how many people just took down there masks the second there was no personnel visible. Some people had to be forcibly removed do to a number of complaints against them

5. Complaints on how few exhibitors and visitors there were. Well we do have a pandemic and it was a testrun to see if safe fair ist a possiblity. Someone had to try. Got a problem? Kindly stay away instead of ranting at us.

It was super annoying. Luckily we also had a lot of people thanking the employees for at least giving them as vendors or visitors a chance to see if a safe fair works. Sadly the numbers skyrockted after that so as of now no new feirs are scheduled.

5 hours ago, Nalyua said:

It was super annoying. Luckily we also had a lot of people thanking the employees for at least giving them as vendors or visitors a chance to see if a safe fair works. Sadly the numbers skyrockted after that so as of now no new feirs are scheduled.

That does sound frustrating but I'm glad you made it through safely.

I have one volunteer I have to keep reminding to not pull her mask down whenever she's speaking to someone. Of course, when one's speaking is the most important time to keep it in place so one doesn't spit at anyone. :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Lagie said:

I have one volunteer I have to keep reminding to not pull her mask down whenever she's speaking to someone.

Maybe she is used to talking to hearing-impaired people.

I got my first dose of Moderna almost a month ago. I get my second one on the 15th of this month. I am a little worried about how hard the second dose may hit me because I felt really off for the 4 to 5 days after getting the first shot. I do recommend to get the shot in your non-dominant arm because I was sore for a good week or so and had a lump the size of a softball and a bruise about the size of a 50 cent piece. It pretty much felt and reacted like a Tetanus vaccine. Keep in mind that I am wickedly sensitive to a crap-load of various drugs and medications. My allergy list is a good 2-3 pages long. So, I did really well considering I have a ton of allergies. A family member worked on the Moderna vaccine. A friend of mine did get the vaccine that you only have to get one shot of and she said it hurt like a ***** and she felt lousy after it. I think it is important that people get the vaccine so hopefully we can try to get back to what was normal. I would love to not have to wear a mask every time I go into a store or something. I DO wear a mask when I am in the stores and stuff, I just hope one day we won't have to. I think if people don't wear their masks they shouldn't be allowed in because I have pretty much every "disability" that would preclude me from having to wear a mask and I STILL wear one. It boggles my mind how people are so selfish and refuse to do what is for the good of everyone instead of just what they consider good for themselves.

so. i work at a retail (craft) store on the weekends.  today about 12:30 p.m. we got a call from our district manager, and then the manager came over out headsets that we were going to have to close the store and call in the deep-cleaning crew.  turns out one of the people who works early in the mornings on our replenishment/stocking crew tested positive for covid.  so i made an awkward announcement that we were closing in 10 minutes, but it really took like 30 minutes to get everyone out, and then i left like another 15 minutes after that.  the manager and assistant manager were there for the cleaning crew, and then the store got reopened at probably 4:30 this afternoon. my younger daughter also works at the same store, and she's closing tonight.  but hey, the store's been deep cleaned now, so that's good.

the customers were not pleased however.  and of course, i'm ringing up customers who are still wearing theirs masks under their nose.  one customer had one of the blue disposable masks fitted quite nicely on her face, but then her nose was just outside the top of the mask, like she'd formed the mask to fit right under there.  the mask was all bunched up and - to be quite honest - looked (for lack of a better work) stupid. *sigh*

@trystan
Sending Love & Light!!!! I hope you stay healthy!!!! People don't realize that wearing a mask but not covering your nose isn't going to help. I hope everyone comes out of it okay.