Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Two, @Fortune86.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

I am running out of data. Good thing it renews soon!

Good morning, CPA. It is a lovely sunny morning here, but the muggy-meter is rising!

Good afternoon.  I've got no air conditioning, but the house still feels cool, so that's good.  It's supposed to be 90 (32.2) today.  It's 82 right now.  

welp, the vacay is over, i'm back to my regular 7 days a week work week unless i request off. *sigh* it was nice while it lasted.

i mean, Mon-Thurs is 9-3. Friday and Saturday i hope stays 10-2 for a while, and Sunday is 3-7:30, so they're not overlong shifts.  but it's still something every day.

Something is likely better than nothing, though, right?

We reopen normally next week, but are going to experiment with shifting our hours somewhat.

Rough day to start my week.  I've had more than my fill of stupid,

Edited by Lagie

this is very true.  yeah, i've already had my fill of stupid too.... *sigh*

13 minutes ago, trystan said:

this is very true.  yeah, i've already had my fill of stupid too.... *sigh*

For me, it was some of my customers, and our shelter manager. We have NO mail service right now, so I told him I would leave envelopes in my cubby for people to pick up. Today he goes and puts stamps on the envelopes in my cubby that people will be picking up. Grrr. Tomorrow, I will rewrite the envelopes so our members can't see the stupidity.

*after i scan some frames*

customer: "these frames are the ones on sale"

me, after looking at them "this style isn't, the shadowboxes are on sale"

customer: ""Studio Decor" is on sale"

me, internally: *bangs head on plexiglass shield*  to customer, politely: "they're all Studio Decor ... that's our brand."

customer: "oh."....

i think he went back to put them back and maybe get different ones.  but so many times the customer will just say "oh, i don't want them then" and leave them with me.

Yeah, that sounds familiar! Customers...

yep!

here's a good one -

customer: do you have any coupons?

me: do you have a smartphone?

customer: i have an iphone....

me, *thinking*: you're not smart enough for that phone... XD  *out loud8: go to safari and go to our website....

manager: *walking by* just give them the coupon

me *thinking* they'll never learn that way..... *scans coupon anyway*

oh! and we can't take competitor coupons anymore.  we still have competitors!  i honestly think they're still trying to figure out what they're doing now that one of our competitors DID close back in december....

One of mine today - picks up a kettle (The kind you put on a burner, and turn the burner one, and lo, heat boils the water and the kettle whistles.), turns it over looking for the cord and asks, "Does this work?" I'm not sure I didn't roll my eyes, but my voice was calm and laugh-free (barely) when I said, "So long as your stove works, it will work."

You have no competitors? :huh:

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

my voice was calm and laugh-free (barely) when I said, "So long as your stove works, it will work."

heheh....

well, we do.  but one of our competitors local to mostly PA and NJ (i mean, there was one RIGHT NEXT TO my store) closed in December.  but we still have other competitors (one being across the street and up an intersection from us!)!  we're a danged craft store! XD 

Aww, but crafts are sooooo essential during lockdown! :D

yes they are!!

i think Corporate is still trying to find its footing again as we reopen.  i dunno.

Yeah. A friend shared this today:

103055238_10159277085004672_682318501255

(Sorry about the missing apostrophe. :P I did not write it...)

Missing apostrophe?  I don't see it....

My A/C is temporarily fixed.  Yeah!

Edited by Classycal

yaay for AC!

the missing apostrophe is in "government's plan."

Funny how we read over things...

i read it with my editor's hat on.  after i blew off a LOT of dust that was on it.... XD 

It is surprising how many people flat out do not notice apostrophes, their absence when needed or their presence when not. XD

agreed!

here's where they're not needed - in decades like the 80s or 90s.  it's not 80's or 90's.

and it's also not in fruit's or vegetable's, they're fruits and vegetables XD 

It's always difficult for some peoplr who do not care or know about its proper use. (See what I just did there. :P )

Noooo. *gasps*

It's hard to watch DVDs with no remote. On the one I was trying to watch I could only see the first of the three episodes because I needed the up/down arrows to select the others. No remote = no arrows. :P