Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

There seems to be inflammation in the muscle MP... And inflammation in my jaw due to stress and clenching my teeth.

Translating this is a lot harder than I thought

Don't know Fortune... Not going to try it. The gardening service is back

Yeah that might surprise them a bit if you jumped out of the bushes screaming....

Well hopefully the meds will kick in soon!

Yeah I'm really not in the mood to explain to them what's going on XD

Have you been to see the doctor or dentist? If they're saying you have inflammation I imagine so, can you get any anti-inflammatories?

They already left XD

I rather keep my facial expression to myself of now.

They might get a middle finger more lightly due to how I feel at the moment

Been at the dentist last week. All that is fine.

Went to the doctor yesterday. He gave me something but I don't know if it's really helping

The name is Exinef Etoricoxib.... Something like that.

It says anti-inflammatory in the paper inside!

Yeah that's an NSAID as I thought.

It's primarily used for Osteoarthritis and pain associated with gout, dental and other inflamation based pain.

Was wondering if you might've been given a steroid.

Don't take another NSAID (like ibuprofen) while you're on it and take it with food cause it can cause stomach upset.

If you don't find any pain relief from it after a week best go back to the doctor and try something else.

Yeah that's basically the plan.

I'm waiting till the meds are finished before going back

Well if thye're not doing anything don't bother taking them. All you'll be getting is side effects. If they aren't working go back... this is assuming it doesn't cost a lot to go to the doctors.

It does cost a lot. I have medical aid but I need the savings money to buy  my monthly meds

Ugh, countries not having bulk billing doctors sucks.

So much of my advice is wasted!

(Also it just sucks for them).

I will just have to see if the meds work on day three or something. Then I'll go back for a follow up. Hopefully I won't be charged then

I can go to a clinic but I might have to wait like 16 hours before someone will actually help me. And the chance of getting the covid virus would triple if I went.

That's a scary thought, Spirit. Please do not get Covid!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

I'm just chilling this morning awaiting my eleven o'clock appointment. I do hope the physiotherapist can resolve this shoulder because, like Spirit, I really don't want to be seeing the doctor right now, for pretty much the same reasons, money and Covid-19.

Bright sunny day. Still no sign of Jenny. I am now assuming the worst. :(

We have public healthcare fort. Most GPs are bulk billed so they're basically paid through the countries taxes. Same thing goes towards the cost of most medicines too.

We're trying to be really good at providing proper healthcare to people.

Lagie I don't think spirits got covid. Inflamation isn't a symptom.

Good morning.

I hope that you guys feel better, Lagie and Spirit. And I hope that Jenny's okay. 

The days feel so long, and it's only Tuesday... At least my body isn't hurting.

And Marcus, I think she meant that going to the doctor would mean that Spirit or herself could catch covid more easily, not that Spirit already has it.

Exactly. I don't want Spirit to catch Covid at the doctor's office.

It's a weird short week here. Whit Monday yesterday. Labour Day Friday. So a three day week in-between.

I have more shop donations to pick up this afternoon. I need a shop van. All this hauling can't be good for my poor eldery car.

ETA - Jenny showed up finally as I was leaving for the physiotherapist! :D

Edited by Lagie
Updating...

Yay! I'm glad that she's alright.

Also, lucky- I'd like a short week too.

@DragonSpirit009 I hope your neck and jaw settle down. It is hard to do anything when you are in pain like that.

@Lagie Hope the physical therapist helps your shoulder! Ditto what I said to Spirit about pain.

Glad to hear that Jenny came around again. Did you give her a good scolding for worrying you like that?

Nothing exciting happening here. I had a phone appointment with my oncologist's PA this morning. I am basically on yearly check-ins at this point and they didn't think it warranted an office visit. I had my blood work done last week and everything looked good.

Not as much of a scolding as I might have if I hadn't been rushing off to the physiotherapist! XD

I have pulled my pectoral muscle. Continue with heat, painkillers, rest. Don't lift anything. (Yeah. Right.) And expect it to take another ten days to feel better, if I do all that.  Sigh.

Glad your checkin went well!

10 hours ago, Lagie said:

ETA - Jenny showed up finally as I was leaving for the physiotherapist! :D

yaaay!  wouldn't it be nice to be able to ask her where she was and understand the answer? XD 

off day today, but i was goofing off on facebook and instagram for most of the day.  oh, and emailing with my boss.

next week, we're back in the office as we were - Monday to Thursday, I'm 9-3, she's 10-4 or so.  it's just the two of us and we have separate offices - we can socially distance. 👍 i was going to be off on monday, to go with younger daughter to her dentist appointment, turns out i have to go in around lunchtime - boss's husband's brother died sunday night, and the funeral is the same day i need off.  nice to see Murphy's Law is still alive and well in my life XD