Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Hi there Swift!

Man I'm just utterly exhausted from yesterdays event

*cuffs Spirit*

https://dragcave.net/view/FQQq

Some kind of corporate thing, wasn't it?

I wish there were a way to send stuff here. I love your b&w fox!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

We had rain in the night but so far the day is dry and mostly sunny. I hope it stays that way. Our shop is treacherous in the rain.

It is supposed to be rainy all day with high wind warnings. No rain yet. We were supposed to have rain all day yesterday, too, but one early morning shower was all we got and then just cloudy, hot and humid.

I need a haircut. Desperately. I'm tempted to grab the scissors myself. Salons are still closed here except for essential workers with appointments. I cut hubby's hair last weekend and it doesn't look bad, but cutting your own hair is a different matter.

LAGIE!

I wish I could send it Lagie XD

There is actually away but with the virus thing they had like a 300% price hike

Hi there Purple!

My hair wants cutting, too. XD The mask elastics make it messy.

Ooh, that's a big hike, Spirit. Our mail system has completely stopped.

retail store day today.  eww, it was humid and sticky out there.  but there was a breeze.  and then like 20ish minutes before i'm done, the manager comes up with a huge fan and plugs it in up front.  and i'm looking at it like "where was that at 10 a.m.?" XD 

tentatively we open up again on June 5th.  we shall see.

Yay for the fan, boo for it being late. June 5 is soon!

We did $800 in four hours today. I am exhaustirpated and very glad it is a three day weekend.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Yay for the fan, boo for it being late. June 5 is soon!

eh, it was fine, i just felt like i needed to wring myself out! XD and yeah, June 5th is next friday.  but one of the other stores in New Jersey was supposed to open June 6th, but now that's been pushed back, the manager didn't tell me when the new opening date is.  i know i told at least one customer we might open June 5th, but to check the website.  so i want to make a few more masks.  i mean, the store provides them, but they're those blue surgical-style masks, and i've learned i just can't wear those. i'm better with my fabric ones, but after 4 hours, i feel like i need to wring my face out too XD 

yaay for a three-day weekend!  i'm not working tomorrow or sunday, but i am making a target run tomorrow and grocery shopping sunday. :) 

I'm better with the blue surgical mask than the cloth ones I have tried. I really really really want to order some Doctor Who ones from the States but we are not allowed to import masks right now so as to promote Bahamian-made ones.

I've just gone out and zip-tied the pool closed. It's closed during the lockdown weekends, open in the week. Just the thought of swimming, much as I love it, makes my arm ache even more.

yanno, i had Doctor Who fabric.... but i made it into pillows for my daughters, so i don't have any more.  my local joann's didn't have any cute geeky fabric i liked when i was there last week.  maybe i'll stop by tomorrow before i go to target....

but promoting local masks sounds important too *nods*

This is where I found the ones I was drooling over.

I don't even think our local fabric places would have Doctor Who patterned materials to make one's own.

Ah well.

Good afternoon, CPA! B)

*sets out omelettes Florentine (spinach, white onion, Swiss cheese)*

Just finished a brief Zoom chat with my dad, two of my siblings, one in-law, niece and nephew. Connection was lousy for all of us so we didn't extend it when the time ran out.

On 5/29/2020 at 7:08 PM, Lagie said:

I am exhaustirpated and very glad it is a three day weekend.

That's a great word Lagie.

Mmmm....  *runs off with some omelettes*

i was going to have a zoom chat with two friends, but one has a headache, so we rescheduled it to next saturday night.

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

This is where I found the ones I was drooling over.

I don't even think our local fabric places would have Doctor Who patterned materials to make one's own.

Ah well.

oh NICE!

so, younger daughter's throat has been bothering her for like three days and she has a mild fever.... but only at night.  we went to one urgent care office, and they said those were signs of covid, and so they couldn't see her *sigh*  she thinks it could possibly be strep throat, which has similiar symptoms and is transmitted the same way.  we have two more urgent care places to call tomorrow, and if she has no luck, i'll try our Drs office, and maybe they can get her in monday afternoon - happy birthday to her, since monday is her 19th birthday XD 

Edited by trystan
wow, my editing is LOUSY

Wait!  She had symptoms of COVID and they wouldn't see her!?  Where the heck is she supposed to be treated then?  As a nurse, this really made me angry!  😨

You should post this in the COVID thread.

Edited by Classycal

there was a sign on the door that they don't do covid testing there, and since it was a fever (only at night) and sore throat (but no cough, shortness or breath, or anything else) they said those were covid symptoms and she couldn't come in.  we have two other places to try tomorrow

ello ello. been awhile since I've been here. how is everyone?

*eyes florentines* oooh...........

Hi, WS! We're well. How are you?

Sunday thread is quiet...

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Sometimes, when I post food here, I wish it were something I could have in real life. But I have no waffle maker. Or flour. Or strawberries. Or whipped cream. I guess it'll be toast and coffee outside on the patio. XD The day is beautiful.

The cat who hangs out at my place mornings and afternoons (I call her Jenny, but I have no idea what her name really is, or who she belong to.) was awol yesterday and has not yet shown up today. I hope she's okay.

*slips in for a waffle with just a few strawberries (I'm allergic so I have to be careful, but I love them!)*

It seems you can always tell the weekends around here because it goes quiet. XD

I hope "Jenny" is okay, too.

My daughter just came by to give me a hug! I guess she knew how badly I miss those. I actually cried when she called to say she was coming and asked if it was okay. (We both wore masks.)

Aww, hugs are awesome. I got brave and did a handshake with one of my volunteers on Friday (and sanitized after).

Another puzzle completed. Second in a row missing one piece. :P

I'm having a super hard time finding an apartment that will take my kitties.  Argghhh....

We have a realtor here who specializes in pet-friendly sales and rentals. Do you have someone like that near you who could help?

ETA: It's zombie day!

https://dragcave.net/view/pEcwW (described)

Edited by Lagie
Afterthought

I don't know.  I'll check into that.

hey all.  went grocery shopping and got most of my order again. yaay!

younger daughter got an appointment at one of the Urgent Care centers near us, yaay!  good news is it's not covid.  it's strep throat.  but she hates taking antibiotics.  she can't take pills, so we got the liquid stuff.  she's had to psych herself up to gulp the first 5 ml dose.

Yay for not being Covid, but boo for feeling sick. I hope she gets better soon.

Says the person who slept away a chunk of her afternoon so as to forget about the dratted shoulder...

11 hours ago, Lagie said:

Hi, WS! We're well. How are you?

Sunday thread is quiet...

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Sometimes, when I post food here, I wish it were something I could have in real life. But I have no waffle maker. Or flour. Or strawberries. Or whipped cream. I guess it'll be toast and coffee outside on the patio. XD The day is beautiful.

The cat who hangs out at my place mornings and afternoons (I call her Jenny, but I have no idea what her name really is, or who she belong to.) was awol yesterday and has not yet shown up today. I hope she's okay.

besides pms symptoms, pretty okay. wishing to be on vacation though so I can mentally recuperate uwu

ahaha, awww, for some reason I always thought [the food] was something you recently had eaten (except the cookies, cookies can be given at any occasion XP).