Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

My release day ones grew up while I was on my way to work. On the phone, the labradorites are smaller than the pygmies. :blink:

Screenshot_20200526-104534.thumb.jpg.bcc1ab7781121bd177e659b300623132.jpg

Toppage, page78! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

that's weird!

but the pygmies are adorable! i want a zillion of 'em

They are cute, aren't they?

Funny that people called them muppets when they hatched, 'cause to me 'pargulus' sounds like a totally muppety word. XD

Off to go haul books now. I picked up three boxes on my way here. When the guy doing the loading put the second box in the car, my entire car dropped about two inches, so I know I won't be able to carry it as is. Good thing I have a dozen or so empty milk crates!

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Funny that people called them muppets when they hatched, 'cause to me 'pargulus' sounds like a totally muppety word. XD

to which i completely agree!

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

When the guy doing the loading put the second box in the car, my entire car dropped about two inches

that's a LOT (alot?) of books!!!

Edited by trystan

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

On the phone, the labradorites are smaller than the pygmies. 

I love the way the pygmy hatchies look on the phone, though! You can see detail so much more than on my laptop. I love those little puffballs. I may have to freeze some and I don't usually freeze hatchlings. The little chickies are the only hatchie I have frozen just for the joy of preserving the sprite. Otherwise I have a few frozen Blue-bands as markers, but that is all.

It was a lot! Some are old Bahamian ones, too, and quite valuable!

Alrighty. Off to do some real work!

22 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I love those little puffballs

they're adorable! i need more - adults and hatchies!

14 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It was a lot! Some are old Bahamian ones, too, and quite valuable!

oh that sounds interesting!

2 hours ago, trystan said:

oh that sounds interesting!

They can be! It's neat reading about the Bahamas in its early days.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

It's neat reading about the Bahamas in its early days.

oh i'm sure!

so some time ago, i wrote a time-travel romance (it's linked in my nano index in my sig, but -- ) that takes place in 1275 in England.  over the course of my research, i posed the question of "what was here [North America] when my character was in England in 1275?" while it's still in my mind, i haven't gotten back to google to search again.  i mean, there were the native tribes, possibly... but what was this land mass like in the 1200s?

Now see, I think those 1st stage pygmy hatchies look like ugly bugs.  I'm glad so many love them.

I'd think the 1200 land mass would be about the same as it is now.  

Yeah, the actual land mass was pretty much the same, though early maps don't show that. One of our islands, Andros, is pencil-thin on old maps when in fact it is our largest island. Until shallow draft boats were created, no one could get close enough to the western side to map it properly.

39 minutes ago, Classycal said:

I'd think the 1200 land mass would be about the same as it is now.  

34 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yeah, the actual land mass was pretty much the same, though early maps don't show that.

yep, i agree with both of these.   but who were the peoples on the land? what were they doing? history things.

They were the Lucayans, living off the land and seas, and hoping the cannibalistic Caribs stayed away!

For no apparent reason today, I found myself near tears in the food store after work, and the delivery of half a loaf of just-baked still piping hot banana bread by a friend has finished me off entirely. *wipes eyes and blows nose mightily* Tasty banana bread, too!

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

They were the Lucayans, living off the land and seas, and hoping the cannibalistic Caribs stayed away!

oooh interesting! thanks!

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

For no apparent reason today, I found myself near tears in the food store after work, and the delivery of half a loaf of just-baked still piping hot banana bread by a friend has finished me off entirely.

teal_hugs.gif.3a30776d5e6eb17d2445db29d3075a24.gif {{hugs}}

Just now, trystan said:

oooh interesting! thanks!

teal_hugs.gif.3a30776d5e6eb17d2445db29d3075a24.gif {{hugs}}

You're welcome!

And, thanks. *hugs*

Argh. 999 pieces in the 1000 piece puzzle, and the missing one's an edge piece. Sigh.

49 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Argh. 999 pieces in the 1000 piece puzzle, and the missing one's an edge piece. Sigh.

well that's annoying....

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

New puzzle or 2nd-hand? Either way it is annoying.

My daughter had a brand new puzzle that had one duplicate piece in it and one missing piece. I'm not sure how that could happen. :wacko: It had the right number of pieces, but...not quite right.

Good morning everyone!

Man I'm freezing!

It's fall there, right?  Come to Kentucky.  It's hot!

Why, oh, why can't I sleep?

Good morning peeps!

Round to raising my second lot of birthday eggs but I'm out of influencers so I gotta hope I get the genders I need or can find someone to trade. 

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

New puzzle or 2nd-hand? Either way it is annoying.

My daughter had a brand new puzzle that had one duplicate piece in it and one missing piece. I'm not sure how that could happen. :wacko: It had the right number of pieces, but...not quite right.

Secondhand, alas.

Most puzzles actually have a few more pieces than the count on the box (1000 is really 1004 in a lot of boxes to make the shape work) so yes, it's possible. One puzzle arrived with 'two pieces missing' written on the box and the guy that brought it in said he'd counted, there were 1000 so he'd crossed out the note but there were in fact two pieces missing and 1002 pieces in the box. (Long winded sentence, sorry.)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, banana bread, and tissues*

The sun is back! Hooray!

Would you like some help influencing, Fortune? I should have some scroll space later today.

morning all! i mean, afternoon! today's a home day for me, and sometime within the next 4 hours a plumber will be over to check out some drippies from our upstairs bathroom into the home office on the first floor. goodie, more money for repairs that we don't have.

question - am i allowed to put clicky critters from another site in my sig? as long as i don't announce "hey click me!" i guess it should be all right if they were to just.... appear?

I'm not sure for certain, but I have seen critters from other sites in people's sigs a lot, so I think it's allowed?

I think so, too.

Hope you are feeling better today Lagie.