Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

33 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Or am I misunderstanding what you were confused about?

yep.

Lagie posted something yesterday at 10:34 p.m. and then your post is the next one at 2:59 p.m..... but Lagie quoted something that was posted between those times (11:40 a.m.) and i don't see the post.  i mean, i can guess.  but that'd be a PM thing, i think.

Oh, okay. Dunno. Maybe Long_Before hid the post, but not until after Lagie had quoted it? I never saw the post.

that was my thought.... but Lagie just quoted it 2 hours ago.  i never saw it either. 🤷‍♀️

18 hours ago, trystan said:

laundry day is....whenever i'm running out of clothes! XD

haha, kinda, except that since I go to my parents' house to do laundry and there's a family dinner on Sunday, it just makes sense to do it on Sundays (usually every other)

9 hours ago, trystan said:

but Lagie quoted something that was posted between those times (11:40 a.m.) and i don't see the post. 

It was posted in another thread. XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny today... and a wee bit chilly (like those last mornings at summer camp when autumn's moving in).

I have to count all the animal heads today. I dun wanna. 1. because I have so much to do at my shop and a lot to get done at my desk, too, and 2. because we have so many loose animals these days, there's a high probablilty of stepping in poop while walking around the complex. Yuck.

30 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Oh, sneaky! XD I need to learn how to do that. I know it is in the "How to Use the Forum" thread, but I never bothered to try to figure it out.

30 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I have to count all the animal heads today. I dun wanna. 1. because I have so much to do at my shop and a lot to get done at my desk, too, and 2. because we have so many loose animals these days, there's a high probablilty of stepping in poop while walking around the complex. Yuck.

Yuck. And why is that your job? I thought the shop was your job.

Good morning, CPA!

Edited by purplehaze

chilly here today as well.

I saved a little field mouse! I went out to go to an appointment (I have some terribly ingrown nails I need dealt with) and he was just sitting on the sidewalk in the snow. He looks at me and climbs up on my boot and hunkered down like he was freezing (which he likely was!) I stuck him in a box with some leaves and left. Came back like 20 minutes later (never did get my appointment because they called and cancelled on me) and he was lethargic, and his eyes were closed, and he was barely moving/breathing. So, me with my bleeding heart, I panic, and I brought him inside and warmed him up, then made him a little path to the evergreen bushes, which are thick and have very little snow under them, so I think they should be good shelter.

They cancelled my appointment because the nurse practitioner cannot do a removal. Instead, she ordered me a topical antibiotic and a pill to help with infection and inflammation and I go to a different dr on the 2nd to get fixed up 😕 am not pleased but I'll live.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

so i'mma gonna go change my "Location" in my profile now.... XD

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

to echo purplehaze, why do you have to do that?  yuck is right.

3 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

They cancelled my appointment because the nurse practitioner cannot do a removal. Instead, she ordered me a topical antibiotic and a pill to help with infection and inflammation and I go to a different dr on the 2nd to get fixed up 😕 am not pleased but I'll live.

well that's rude of them. {{hugs}}

weather isn't so bad today - highs in the lower 40sF... but the low tonight is supposed to be like 18! Fahrenheit!!  (-7C!)  (i'll take 18C instead, kthx?)  and then tomorrow's low is 10.  fahrenheit. you'd think it's winter or something.... XD

back to stalking the AP.  it's kinda fun, actually.  the next time one of my vamps can bite is next tuesday. Kalona better give me a vamp. (although this is is one that as long as the vamp came from a red egg, it doesn't have to be my vamp that bites it.)  confusing, i know.

I need a good Indigo colored dragon to pair with my Aqualis for the Rainbow Connections lineage. Thoughts? (I was considering Tsunami)

Tsunami sounds good - there don't seem to be too many indigo dragons.

i have a great name for a dragon, but i'm waiting until valentine's, because the Rosebud is perfect.  i think i'll rescue a Rosebud from the AP and give her the name. :D

edit: @IzzyCat91 - i temp sorted my scroll via color, and in the blues and purples i got: a Scimitar-wing Wyvern, an Elux Lucis, a female Mistra, a Nhiostrife .... or a Staterae as indigo-ish ideas. :D

Edited by trystan

Hi guys! I'm feeling a little bit better today, but... yeah. Still feeling sick a bit. 

52 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

all good ideas! thank you! OOOOH Female Mistra would be awesome!

you're welcome!

41 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Hi guys! I'm feeling a little bit better today, but... yeah. Still feeling sick a bit. 

yaay for better!

i texted my sister-inlaw - her and my nephew are feeling better today... in fact, my nephew is ready to go back to school already - my sister-inlaw thinks he's bored of her already XD they can't go back to work/school until monday the 31st.  the good news is, the plan is to go see them on feb 2nd! we'll be bringing dinner and my nephew's (slightly overdue) chanukah present :D

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I need to learn how to do that.

Click the +quote button and it stays clicked as you change pages.

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Yuck. And why is that your job? I thought the shop was your job

And counting. And membership. And thank you letters. And spreadsheets tracking the donations for which the thank yous were written. And staff meeting minutes. And the Christmas tree. And receiving emails about volunteering for the shelter (not the shop). And writing Pet of the Week every Friday. And, when we had them, running the shelter sales table at events. And pretty much anything else that isn't accounting, reception, and cage cleaning. Five days a week, six hours a day is NOT enough time to do the shop (which could easily be a full-time job) and all of that.

6 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I saved a little field mouse!

:D Yay!

6 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

They cancelled my appointment because the nurse practitioner cannot do a removal

Urgh.

I'm exhausted. I had plans for sorting one section of the shop, but so many donations had come in over my weekend that my pre-count/pre-meeting time was taken up moving it all from the shelter to the shop and then trying to figure out where on earth to put it all given we're already overstuffed.

*fades...*

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

And counting. And membership. And thank you letters. And spreadsheets tracking the donations for which the thank yous were written. And staff meeting minutes. And the Christmas tree. And receiving emails about volunteering for the shelter (not the shop). And writing Pet of the Week every Friday. And, when we had them, running the shelter sales table at events. And pretty much anything else that isn't accounting, reception, and cage cleaning. Five days a week, six hours a day is NOT enough time to do the shop (which could easily be a full-time job) and all of that.

holy carp, that's a LOT! ( alot?)

no wonder you're exhausted!!

27 minutes ago, trystan said:

holy carp, that's a LOT! ( alot?)

no wonder you're exhausted!!

Yup. Thankfully, someone else now does the Facebook posts for the shelter (I do the shop's ;) ), because that was once also on the list. Oh, and I read the newspaper daily and pull articles about the shelter and other animal stuff for historical filing.

So... soon I'll either have a dead egg or a neglected egg. 

I'm nervous. 

And as an edit, it did not work out. Sigh. Never trying that again. 

Edited by AsymDoll13

Neglecteds are tricky. Sorry it didn't work.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

woo boy, that's still a lot of stuff to do!

Indeed.

Good night, all!

*poofs in a cloud of Fruit Snacks*

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

And as an edit, it did not work out. Sigh. Never trying that again. 

i don't make neglecteds or zombies.  if there's a dead egg on my scroll, it's cause my vamps don't know how to make other vamps.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Indeed.

agreed.  g'night!

Edited by trystan

I have four now, since 2 were killed by vamps, 1 was by me not hiding it in time, and finally this one. I won't be trying for a neglected anymore. Even though I want one just to have one of each type of dragon. 

nah, there's some dragons that i just don't want.  so i won't have all of 'em.  i'm fine with that.

Yeah. I know. I just... I dunno. Maybe I'll let Neglecteds go. But my vampires need to figure out how to make eggs into vampire eggs. Silly things.