Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

24 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Or come to Georgia. We're getting some. Somehow. I think. lol. It keeps changing. 

When hubby was stationed at Fort Gordon -- many years ago! -- they had about an inch of snow and everything came to a screeching halt! They closed down the base because nobody knew how to deal with snow.

We are supposed to get snow here tomorrow afternoon and evening, changing to rain Monday morning. We shall see. Daughter and her hubby are supposed to be driving back from their weekend+ getaway tomorrow afternoon, but she said they are keeping an eye on the weather and may decide to head back earlier in the day.

12 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

When hubby was stationed at Fort Gordon -- many years ago! -- they had about an inch of snow and everything came to a screeching halt! They closed down the base because nobody knew how to deal with snow.

Sounds like Georgia. lol. Not gonna lie. But where I went to public school, the county hated closing schools for the snow. We'd be forced to go in freezing temps to do finals. I think one time I had no power in the classroom, and we were told to show up for the final! What the heck? lol. Fun times. 

10 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Or come to Georgia. We're getting some. Somehow. I think. lol. It keeps changing. 

West of you, steady cold winds and overcast. Wasn't supposed to freeze tonight. After reading this post, I checked and it was already at freezing before midnight. Went out to cover my surviving plants and drain the water out of the well pump (which may or may not have been necessary). No precipitation, but Wednesday is looking questionable - wet with another temp drop.

Also I'm awake, because Asymdoll posted too loud.

It's looking like I'll have to replace my flowering plants this spring.

There's usually three wild plants that indicate an early spring here:

Cleavers (goosegrass) ✓

Chickweed

Purple lamium (henbet) ✗

No purple lamium. ❄

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Morning all. I took a late nap so I'll be up for AGES now lol

@trystan I LOVE THAT BLANKET!!

We're supposed to be getting slammed with a winter ice storm between 7pm Today to 10 am Monday (We are right in the middle of its path. yay Ohio). I'm gonna try to hit the store as soon as they open to get milk, cereal, and a fresh lighter for the candles. We have a ton of fresh batteries, but I also need flashlights because idk where all of our small ones went, however I DO have my camp lantern out and ready. Other than that, we are pretty well stocked on foods that don't need to be cooked, cold things can go into the cooler and be stuck outside if needed (power goes out or what not) I JUST bought paper towels and tp so we're set on that. Car has fresh oil and we just fueled it up this evening. Other than the store, we have no where we NEED to go until Tuesday, so we'll be staying inside and relaxing until it passes. Cookie has plenty of things she can do with or without power and I have books to read. My partner will have to figure something out lol (we'll probably play board games as a family at that point) Cat supplies are all at a relatively good level, but I might grab a round of food and litter just to be safe.

All in all, I think we're ready. 

I hate the cold lol

Everyone stay warm and safe!

11 hours ago, trystan said:

and then i'd turn around and request the book from my library! XD 

No libraries here to request from, alas. In fact, my wee shop seems to have the largest book selection of all the libraries and bookshops.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

It's cold here again, but at least I know we won't be getting snow! Stay safe and warn, all of you that do.

8 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

@trystan I LOVE THAT BLANKET!!

thanks!!!

snow - we're supposed to get.... something this afternoon and tonight - 1 to 3 inches of snow and LOTS of rain.  i'm near philly.  all the way at the other end of the state, my college daughter goes to Pitt, and they're supposed to get LOTS of snow - kinda like you, @IzzyCat91 ;) 

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

No libraries here to request from, alas. In fact, my wee shop seems to have the largest book selection of all the libraries and bookshops.

that is quite interesting!

my county library system has *counts them on the website* 7 main branches and x "district member sites"  (affiliates) - 11 of those - so my little county has 18 library branches :blink: and if they still don't have it, i can put in a purchase suggestion - maybe they'll buy it or maybe they'll borrow it from another library for me.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

my county library system has *counts them on the website* 7 main branches and x "district member sites"  (affiliates) - 11 of those - so my little county has 18 library branches :blink: and if they still don't have it, i can put in a purchase suggestion - maybe they'll buy it or maybe they'll borrow it from another library for me.

Nice!

Still at work... still moving books about...

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Nice!

it is! and they just updated the catalog too! still working out some bugs, but it looks nice. i hope it runs nice on their end too.  they haven't brought up the Purchase Suggestion part of the site yet, that goes live on february 1.  i have a book to request. :D 

Snow on the ground, but I don't think it'll stay. But I bet it'll freeze tonight. So that's... fun? I dunno. lol

Snow Picture ❄ 

20220116_134654.thumb.jpg.59dbacd391fe2f1d4c699128f011c76f.jpg

It is really coming down where I am in central Virginia! You can't tell from this picture, but those steps were heavily salted this morning before it started to snow. We are projected to get 4-8" before it changes to ice and freezing rain tonight.

I stocked up on hot cocoa mix and soup yesterday in preparation. :D

On another note, really enjoying the DC Secret Santa gifting. This is my first year participating and I have both given and received a lot of gifts. 🎁 

8 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Ice on top of snow. Ugh. 

I feel the same. Especially because the last storm took out so many trees and power lines in our area that they haven't even finished fixing everything yet. 

2 hours ago, trystan said:

i have a book to request. :D 

Only one? ;)

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

It is really coming down where I am in central Virginia!

Wow! That's some snow!

New snow does look lovely. :)

Well. I turned this:

Screenshot_20220116-150354.jpg.115b881e2313b7cfe2c87b9d8e2fda81.jpg

into this:

Screenshot_20220116-150412.thumb.jpg.8591af4fd229073b8d1caeefe0cee25b.jpg

taking three boxes and four bags to the shop, and leaving a bunch of stuff for the dumpster once it's emptied, 

and lo, just as I was finishing, this arrived:

Screenshot_20220116-150426.jpg.295489537047e1fc74e2496c17d79d0e.jpg

and yes, half of that stuff is... more books. :rolleyes: I think we need two more entire additional shops, one for books and one for jewellery.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

and yes, half of that stuff is... more books. :rolleyes: 

:o Oh my! Never ending supply, eh?

Just now, purplehaze said:

:o Oh my! Never ending supply, eh?

Exactly! :P And you can't really complain as such because without it we'd have no shop, but I sometimes wish it would come in smaller batches so we could keep on top of it. Not pictured are the 45+ boxes of books in our outside Minerva Shack, some of which have been there since October.

Just now, BringsTheSnow said:

@Lagie you are an organizational wizzard! I am impressed. 

*bows* Thank you! Super-Virgo with a bit of OCD thrown in for good measure. XD

wow, that's awesome Lagie!

i'm a virgo too - my birthday is 3 weeks before you!

23 minutes ago, Lagie said:
2 hours ago, trystan said:

i have a book to request. :D 

Only one? ;)

only one for a purchase suggestion.  i put in a purchase suggestion in december as well, hopefully i'll get that book soon.

and i have LOTS on "My List" (three series - 12 books, 8 books, and 2 books) to request when i'm ready to read them XD 

4 hours ago, trystan said:

wow, that's awesome Lagie!

i'm a virgo too - my birthday is 3 weeks before you!

August 30th, right?

When I did my full horoscope in high school, chart and all, I have the sun and three planets all in Virgo. So yeah, super-Virgo! I just wish I could get my house back under control. All my organizing effort has been going into the shop lately.

It's thundering and raining!

Unexpected...

(And it's 8:30... as I'm checking trystan's profile to confirm the 8/30 birthday... *Twilight Zone music plays*)

Edited by Lagie
Twilight Zone

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

August 30th, right?

(And it's 8:30... as I'm checking trystan's profile to confirm the 8/30 birthday... *Twilight Zone music plays*)

oooooh....

but yeah. my scroll is trystan830, and when i have a number on my username it's 830 as well. :D 

never had my full horrorscope done ..... XD 

I made my store run this afternoon. In the hour I was gone my road is lightly covered and slick (since we aren't a main road, we don't get salt/plowed until it is NEEDED *eye roll*) But I got plenty of supplies just in case and am home safe and bellies are all full. We have nowhere else to be for a few days either so we'll be safe and warm at home.

6 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I stocked up on hot cocoa mix and soup yesterday in preparation. :D

On another note, really enjoying the DC Secret Santa gifting. This is my first year participating and I have both given and received a lot of gifts. 🎁 

Ssame, on both counts lol

6 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Ice on top of snow. Ugh. 

RIGHT?! That's what's happening here, snow, froze over to ice, more snow. WHEEEEE lol

2 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

In the hour I was gone my road is lightly covered and slick

we have snow outside, but at this point it's changed over to freezing rain or just rain.  i don't have to go anywhere until 1 tomorrow afternoon to pick up my shopping.  i wonder how much of it i'll actually end up getting.... XD 

Our snow has changed to rain, too, and it is a slushy mess out there right now. I think we got about 3 inches of snow before it changed over. It seems to be a mixture of rain and freezing rain, but I don't intend to go out to find out! We have no place to go tomorrow at all, so will probably just chill at home. We have high wind warnings for tomorrow, which is another good reason to stay home!

oh that sounds like fun!

in other news, i finished my blanket!! i started it a year ago, on January 18th, 2021!! since it’s for me and hubby, it kept getting put aside whenever i had another project to work on. this thing is huge - we have a queen-size bed and the blue and purple rows drape over the sides. this is the glamour shot~

Spoiler

20220116_223523.jpg

Edited by trystan