Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:
40 minutes ago, trystan said:

when it gets to next january, if i don't have the money for another year, can i change of cancel my subscription? (as long it's before the payment due date, of course.)

You should have the option to not renew/cancel, I would think. 

well, i'll figure it out in about another 50 weeks or so - i've snoozed the email to the beginning of next january! XD 

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The husband of one of my volunteers passed away this morning. (Not Covid.) He'd been sick for a while and wasn't really expected to make it past Christmas. :(

oh no :( sorry to read this though

6 hours ago, trystan said:

yep that's FOUR days off in a row!

and stalking the AP when i remember.  i also have a vamp that can bite on Monday, so maybe Vachon doesn't kill the egg i pick for him?

Hey CPA!

Same! Our factory is closed Monday and it's my shift's weekend off (we alternate every other) so I also get four days! We're going to get Cookie from her moms and keep her until we go back. I'm happy, I miss my cub.

10 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The husband of one of my volunteers passed away this morning. (Not Covid.) He'd been sick for a while and wasn't really expected to make it past Christmas. :(

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that, but on the positive side, at least he can be at peace now and not in pain.

In my corner of the world, it's chilly and set (and also 8pm) I woke up at 6:30p.m, took a nice hot shower, Moisturized my poor dry as all get out skin (eczema SUCK come wintertime) am treating my hair with Olaplex (moisturizes and renews hair follicles and bonds to repair and prevent breakage. I wanna dye it again soon so it needs some TLC), drinking my coffee and loafing around. I don't have anything pressing to do until Monday (basic house cleaning and a brief store run, I might do that tomorrow actually)

My Mother tested positive for Covid on Wednesday. She'd been really sick and got tested as soon as it started but it took 2 days for the results to come back. She been in quarantine and is doing better as of last night, but still icky.

And thanks to Lagie and Lost_Unicorn, I have 4 eggs to Eq and hopefully get at least 1 green Canto for my giftee. Fingers crossed!

I hope you all are having a good day and are staying safe and warm.

22 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Typical cats! Tread carefully and have fun with them.

They were not quite as underfoot tonight. And they both actually let me pet them a little bit. They are getting much more accustomed to people than they were when she first got them. They are such cuties! Makes me want a cat of my own again, but hubby is not a cat person.

23 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The husband of one of my volunteers passed away this morning. (Not Covid.) He'd been sick for a while and wasn't really expected to make it past Christmas.

Sorry to hear that. Even when expected, it is not easy.

Uuuugh Eq killed 2 and did not affect the others. I'll wait and try again later (I have 3 other green dragons I can Eq with, just gonna let the eggs crack further)

7 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Uuuugh Eq killed 2 and did not affect the others. I'll wait and try again later (I have 3 other green dragons I can Eq with, just gonna let the eggs crack further)

With the Cantos, they don't have to hatch on EQ to turn green. They just have to survive! Don't EQ them again. Just let them hatch.

The Shumogas have to hatch on EQ to change, but the Cantos don't.

Just don't teleport them before they hatch or you will undo what you did with the EQ and they will be orange!

Edited by purplehaze

Darn you Facebook memories. I saw a memory of my cat that's missing. 

Anyway... Hi guys! I hope everyone had a good day today/yesterday (depending on when you see this). 

Edited by AsymDoll13

Thanks, guys! Fortunately, he has family here and they've been very helpful and supportive to her.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Sunny and cold. The back of my house is much colder than the front (sun comes up at front). I'll be short-staffed today so fingers crossed all go smoothly.

cold out there! it was 19F when i went over to the supermarket to get a few bakery items.  got some chocolate chip cookies to have after dinner tonight - my mom's coming tonight instead of tomorrow, when there's a better chance of snowy rainy stuff happening at dinner time. 

more crocheting today, watching more of my show, and remembering to stalk the AP XD 

2 hours ago, trystan said:

more crocheting today, watching more of my show, and remembering to stalk the AP XD 

What are you working on?

13 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

What are you working on?

a huge rainbow blanket - i'm finally finishing up the purple - yaay!! 

^the pics at the link stop at the blue. :) 🌈

Very nice, @trystan!

Busy day, but we managed! 910 for the day isn't  too shabby! :P

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

That's incredible! Wow! It's gorgeous!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Very nice, @trystan!

thanks! :D 

and Lagie, that's awesome!

Thanks! It was actually a really good day overall. I didn't grumble at anyone. I'm wondering if it might partly be that not one of our usual Haitian customers was in today. They tend to be difficult.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I didn't grumble at anyone.

woo hoo!

this afternoon, one of our customer experience managers (a keyholder/operations person, not an assistant manager though) called to ask me if i could come in tomorrow night.  i apologized and said i had "things happening" tomorrow night.  i personally don't have anything planned (mom came for dinner tonight) but Mother Nature has plans, and i don't know what those roads are going to look like at either 2:30 in the afternoon or 7:30 at night! (but probably messy, so no thanks!)

after dinner, it occurred to me that maybe whoever called out also didn't want to drive in whatever mess Mother Nature has in store for us. XD 

"Things happening" sounds good to me! Good for you for saying no. I, on the other hand, am going in tomorrow, but that's my choice and I will have time off Tuesday to make up for it.

This is the chaos that awaits me tomorrow (plus another blue IKEA bagful):

20220112_104858.thumb.jpg.f6bd5d2e7214b97dbe491b4942ab31c5.jpg

It's ALL books. We are now the only place (thrift shop/library) on the island that accepts books (though there is one church that also takes some in).

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Good for you for saying no.

heh, i usually say no. XD 

oooh books. i'm looking for a few books that if i don't have to pay full price for them, i'm good with that. :) 

It's sooo hard not to come home with piles of them every day. XD

Toppage, page 608! B)

By... 6 of 8, but that's another thread!

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

By... 6 of 8, but that's another thread!

XD

That's quite a lot of books you have there, Lagie.

I need to set a goal to read more. I waste too much time on the internet these days and don't read as much as I used to.

14 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It's sooo hard not to come home with piles of them every day. XD

heh i get that..... kinda.  i mean, yes i work at a craft store!  but i also used to work at Borders in 2011.  i would ring up customers buying books that looked really good, and then i'd turn around and request the book from my library! XD 

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I need to set a goal to read more. I waste too much time on the internet these days and don't read as much as I used to.

my goal every year is to "read more than last year"  2021 was easy, i only read like 36 books in 2020.  but in '21, i read 69!  so my goal for this year is 70 or more.  i might be able to get there.... depends on all the crocheting i do as well. XD 

Edited by trystan

Getting ready for some snow soon guys... I'm not sure if I'm ready or not. lol

so come visit new england - they're supposed to get lots of snow sunday into monday!

Or come to Georgia. We're getting some. Somehow. I think. lol. It keeps changing.