Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

11 hours ago, Syiren said:

Oh that is adorable. You caught her cutest side.

To be honest I just redrew the official art of Ponyta. I tried doing an original thing at first, but I didn't like how it was turning out.
1200px-Ponyta_de_Galar.png

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

Thank you guys for searching for a canto egg, Lost_Unicorn has given me one. Here's hoping when I earthquake it, it stays and turns green for me.

*sends green vibes*

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Cloudy, grey, and chilly today. No rain so far, but I don't expect that to not happen.

*sneezes* Durned cats.

13 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Thank you guys for searching for a canto egg, Lost_Unicorn has given me one. Here's hoping when I earthquake it, it stays and turns green for me.

Good luck with the EQ.

I am finally beginning to get my Christmas decorations down. The tree is still up because I haven't wanted to face the major reorganization of my storage that needs to happen! XD Maybe it is a good thing that I sort of have to isolate this week and won't really be going anywhere.

3 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Here's hoping when I earthquake it, it stays and turns green for me.

good luck!

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

The tree is still up

pah.  a number of years ago, i left my tree up.  i got the idea from a customer who said if she was paying that price, she was going to leave it up year-round!  the first time i left the tree up, i just left it there.  after a few months, hubby suggested we just take it down cause it was just there.  but when it went up again, i made a conscious effort to change it up: january was snowflake ornaments, february was a valentine's garland, march was a shamrock garland, april, may, and june had pink spring flowers (i took down the lilies after easter though), june and july had a RWB (red white & blue) garland and yellow and red summer flowers, august had just the summer flowers, september had the RWB garland, and then a fall leaves garland; october brought some halloweenie ornaments, and just the fall leaves in november until it was xmas decor time again.

and then we got the kittens in august of 2020..... XD

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

pah.  a number of years ago, i left my tree up.  i got the idea from a customer who said if she was paying that price, she was going to leave it up year-round! 

I have talked about doing that, but it takes up real estate that we really can't afford to give it year round. XD

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I have talked about doing that, but it takes up real estate that we really can't afford to give it year round. XD

fair enough, that makes sense.  we had a little table-top tree when we were in our first house, so i get that too.

Helped take down some Christmas today. Was... annoying. lol

Also... getting a call eventually for my pap smear that I had on the... 4th of this month? I dunno. 

Hope everything's okay, @AsymDoll13!

The tree at the shelter is still up, because it's my job to do the tree - on top if everything else I do here - and I just flat out have not had the time. And... the box it goes in is buried under a bunch of shop donations, atm. :P

5 hours ago, trystan said:

pah.  a number of years ago, i left my tree up.  i got the idea from a customer who said if she was paying that price, she was going to leave it up year-round!  the first time i left the tree up, i just left it there.  after a few months, hubby suggested we just take it down cause it was just there.  but when it went up again, i made a conscious effort to change it up: january was snowflake ornaments, february was a valentine's garland, march was a shamrock garland, april, may, and june had pink spring flowers (i took down the lilies after easter though), june and july had a RWB (red white & blue) garland and yellow and red summer flowers, august had just the summer flowers, september had the RWB garland, and then a fall leaves garland; october brought some halloweenie ornaments, and just the fall leaves in november until it was xmas decor time again.

My foster mom did that a couple times (different decor obviously, but same principle) I really liked it. We have a table top tree currently because of the cats and limited space of the townhouse we're renting. I cant wait to get an actual house so I CAN decorate the way I use to.

50 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I cant wait to get an actual house so I CAN decorate the way I use to.

a perk of homeownership! :D 

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Hope everything's okay, @AsymDoll13!

Still waiting on results. Gonna get a nurse to call me eventually. 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Brrr. I'm wrapped in a sweater and snuggling under a blanket. It's windy and cold, but thankfully the clouds in the sky don't appear to be rain clouds and the sun should warm things up a bit later.

morning all! (never mind it's almost 1 p.m. for me XD )

i'm off today, tomorrow, and sunday from my retail job.  i'd requested off for saturday, but then the lunch got cancelled (thanks Omicron!).  and it's january - retail in january is... sparse.  fun.  i also have off monday, cause it's Martin Luther King Jr Day, and since the stock market is closed, so is my office job. :) 

yep that's FOUR days off in a row! i'll be crocheting of course. XD 

and stalking the AP when i remember.  i also have a vamp that can bite on Monday, so maybe Vachon doesn't kill the egg i pick for him?

Apparently we are getting some sort of snow on Saturday/Sunday, according to everything I've seen. We'll see how much it is though. lol People are already going crazy. Send help. 

It's almost 1 pm here, and I'm so tired. I didn't sleep very well last night/this morning. 

we might have some snow showers sunday afternoon, but then it changes to rain sunday night and monday.

meanwhile, at the other end of the state (6 hours by car) where my younger daughter goes to college, they have a winter storm watch from sunday afternoon to monday afternoon.  fun fun!

i make sure i have names for all my dragons.  i'm a dork, i know.

the Luminoxes are fun dragons.

Edited by trystan

Hello, @FortyTwo! :) It gets that way sometimes!  Hope you are well!

Enjoy your long weekend, @trystan!

Yay for sun and a busy day and rearranging/pricing done. 800+ brought in, so the accountant is happy. :D

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Enjoy your long weekend, @trystan!

oh i plan to!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Yay for sun and a busy day and rearranging/pricing done. 800+ brought in, so the accountant is happy. :D

oh nice going! :D 

hey there @FortyTwo!

Hi @FortyTwo! Some of us are just lurking. ;)

Cold and windy today.

No Covid symptoms. One of the ladies who was at the meeting got tested because she has COPD and her doctor advised it. She was negative. The rest of us are just riding it out.

Sounds like you had a productive day @Lagie.

I did pretty much nothing productive all day -- unless you count picking the strands of tinsel off the Christmas tree.

I am feeding daughter's outdoor cats while she and her hubby are on a getaway for their anniversary. They almost knocked me over last night getting down her back steps. They were right under my feet, acting like they hadn't seen food in a week!

I have a few more to name, but... he's my favorite now. Now I need a dragon that looks rather like a vampire to turn into a vampire to give him as a mate. (They need to have a single baby first. lol)

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

No Covid symptoms. One of the ladies who was at the meeting got tested because she has COPD and her doctor advised it. She was negative. The rest of us are just riding it out.

yaay for no symptoms!

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I have a few more to name, but... he's my favorite now. Now I need a dragon that looks rather like a vampire to turn into a vampire to give him as a mate. (They need to have a single baby first. lol)

hopefully that works out for you! :) 

so back in November (which feels like yesterday!) i did a test run on removing ads from the Cave.  well, those two months are up on sunday.... turns out that i have enough money in my paypal, and now i bought a full year of removing ads from the Cave.  and i bought a subscription, too.  now, the question is, when it gets to next january, if i don't have the money for another year, can i change of cancel my subscription? (as long it's before the payment due date, of course.)

Edited by trystan

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

No Covid symptoms

Yay for negative!

Typical cats! Tread carefully and have fun with them.

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Good luck with that!

34 minutes ago, trystan said:

when it gets to next january, if i don't have the money for another year, can i change of cancel my subscription? (as long it's before the payment due date, of course.)

You should have the option to not renew/cancel, I would think. 

Sleepy...

The husband of one of my volunteers passed away this morning. (Not Covid.) He'd been sick for a while and wasn't really expected to make it past Christmas. :(