Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

4 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

Recently I had found in AP a nice 3g saltkin Script dragon. I thought it would look better as an undead and planned to attempt revival on halloween, but I decided to breed it once so as to not disappoint the breeder too much. The 4g lineage turned out better than I expected, and now I am not sure I want to kill the script dragon at all, just to risk a 60% chance to tomb it anyway.

I do like the name on that script XD since it's alive when you hadn't intended that!

No rain, hooray! :)

4 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

Recently I had found in AP a nice 3g saltkin Script dragon. I thought it would look better as an undead and planned to attempt revival on halloween, but I decided to breed it once so as to not disappoint the breeder too much. The 4g lineage turned out better than I expected, and now I am not sure I want to kill the script dragon at all, just to risk a 60% chance to tomb it anyway.

It would look good as an undead, but sadly unless Lady Luck is really with you, it is more likely to end up just plain dead! :(

Good luck if you do decide to try.

Turns out hubby's A1C was actually better than the last time. :o Not sure how that happened, because he has not modified anything. And now of course, he thinks he can get away with eating whatever he wants. I'm glad it was better, but frustrated because this will make it harder to get him to eat right.

45 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Turns out hubby's A1C was actually better than the last time. :o Not sure how that happened, because he has not modified anything. And now of course, he thinks he can get away with eating whatever he wants. I'm glad it was better, but frustrated because this will make it harder to get him to eat right.

oof. i'm sorry.

my hubby has actually modified his eating habits, and i'm glad he has.  in my head, i want to question why.... but in the end i don't, cause i really don't want to know XD 

about to do some breeding, now that it seems like the Cave is feeling better.....

Morning peeps.

Came into work an hour early this morning so I can get training for a new program.

My boss (who is supposed to be the one training me) comes down with a cold and stays home.

😧

Oh, that must be frustrating, @Fortune86. Gives you more time to hang out here, though, right? ;)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

I keep waking up a full hour before my alarm. It's very annoying.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I've been doing that a lot lately!

Looks like another gloomy day here today. Supposed to be cloudy and showery pretty much the rest of the week.

And Thedrac continues his killing ways, sticking me with this eggshell for 24 hours, instead of the 5 hours the egg would have cost me if I had just waited out the cooldown. :angry:

image.png.6423719fb1cf220f0cbc96313c746b43.png

He is my original CB Vamp from their release. Somehow he thinks that entitles him to kill every egg he touches!

Edited by purplehaze

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

completely agree :sigh:

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

And Thedrac continues his killing ways, sticking me with this eggshell for 24 hours, instead of the 5 hours the egg would have cost me if I had just waited out the cooldown. :angry:

He is my original CB Vamp from their release. Somehow he thinks that entitles him to kill every egg he touches!

silly Thedrac!

the vampires i'm waiting on to bite are still on cooldown until either tomorrow or saturday.  if i bite an egg on, say, 9/9, i'll put it in my calendar the vamp can bite again on 10/9... but i'll find that on 10/8 that vamp can bite again.  i'll confirm this tomorrow night XD

21 minutes ago, trystan said:

if i bite an egg on, say, 9/9, i'll put it in my calendar the vamp can bite again on 10/9... but i'll find that on 10/8 that vamp can bite again.  i'll confirm this tomorrow night XD

It's a 4 week cooldown, not a one month cooldown. Small difference, but shortens it by a few days.

I only use Thedrac to bite because there is a slight demand for eggs bitten by original CBs, if they turn successfully.

Of course my other Vamps are not much kinder.

28 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It's a 4 week cooldown, not a one month cooldown. Small difference, but shortens it by a few days.

when i bite, it actually says the vamp can't bite for another 31 days.  but i can confirm this when i bite again 🤔

24 minutes ago, trystan said:

when i bite, it actually says the vamp can't bite for another 31 days.  but i can confirm this when i bite again 🤔

Hmm! I was pretty sure I had timed it out at 28 days, but maybe I'm thinking of Celestial cooldown.

Anyway, right now Thedrac says he can't bite again for 30 more days.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Hmm! I was pretty sure I had timed it out at 28 days, but maybe I'm thinking of Celestial cooldown.

Anyway, right now Thedrac says he can't bite again for 30 more days.

ah yeah.  so many cooldowns! :blink:

so i'll move the biting until tomorrow night and see what happens. :D

Can I have a cooldown from pissing people off, please? I think three in one day is a record for me...

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Can I have a cooldown from pissing people off, please? I think three in one day is a record for me...

Oh no! Sounds like a bad day. Was that at work?

24 minutes ago, Lagie said:

oh yikes! 

yes, you can have a cooldown for that.

45 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Oh no! Sounds like a bad day. Was that at work?

Yup. A customer (We close at 3 and can only have 5 people in at a time. Please do not show up at 2:55 and expect to be allowed in.) and two of my volunteers (One of whom I have reminded several times that I would like to take a look at the books he's decided to toss before they are put in the dumpster - after he threw out a bunch I specifically chose for the shop - and when I reminded him again today just seconds before he put a batch in, hissy fit... and the other I am trying very hard to convince does not need to be there six days a week; I'm not even there six days a week.).

Sigh.

At least it was sunny and dry!

28 minutes ago, trystan said:

oh yikes! 

yes, you can have a cooldown for that.

Thanks! ;)

51 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yup. A customer (We close at 3 and can only have 5 people in at a time. Please do not show up at 2:55 and expect to be allowed in.)

oof.

i close on sundays (i've changed my availability so i don't do that anymore, actually....), and we close at 7.  we can change our automatic doors so that they only open one way - out - but we can't do that until right at 7..... AND we don't do closing announcements because "it insults the customers" XD   we used to make announcements at 20 'til, 10 til, 5 til, and at 7.  now.... all we can do is very gently tell the customers that we close at 7, do they need any help?  when i see people come in at, say, 6:50, i'll let them know we close "in like 5 minutes." heh.

54 minutes ago, Lagie said:

two of my volunteers (One of whom I have reminded several times that I would like to take a look at the books he's decided to toss before they are put in the dumpster - after he threw out a bunch I specifically chose for the shop - and when I reminded him again today just seconds before he put a batch in, hissy fit... and the other I am trying very hard to convince does not need to be there six days a week; I'm not even there six days a week.).

:sigh: is right

i mean, maybe the one that comes in 6 days a week could come in for like 2 hours a day or something? i dunno....

46 minutes ago, trystan said:

AND we don't do closing announcements because "it insults the customers" XD

I remember when that changed for you! I tell mine the discount stops at 3 p.m. or sometimes I'll say all prices go up 400% at 3 p.m. That one usually makes them laugh, but it does get them moving.

48 minutes ago, trystan said:

i mean, maybe the one that comes in 6 days a week could come in for like 2 hours a day or something

I think that may end up being the solution but I find her a stressful person to be around and I dislike starting every single day stressed. I was much calmer the several months she was in England. (She's a hard worker. It is literally just me...)

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I remember when that changed for you! I tell mine the discount stops at 3 p.m. or sometimes I'll say all prices go up 400% at 3 p.m. That one usually makes them laugh, but it does get them moving.

i'm not sure i was active on the forums - see, i've been there for 10 years (!!) now, and maybe the closing annoucements stopped like 5 or 6 years ago?

but oooh, all prices go up 400% at closing time sounds good! XD 

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I think that may end up being the solution but I find her a stressful person to be around and I dislike starting every single day stressed. I was much calmer the several months she was in England. (She's a hard worker. It is literally just me...)

bah

{{hugs}}

8 hours ago, Classycal said:

I hope tomorrow is better Lagie.

Thanks, Classy!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

10 hours ago, trystan said:

see, i've been there for 10 years (!!) now, and maybe the closing annoucements stopped like 5 or 6 years ago?

Hunh. When you told us, I guess it must have sounded as though it was a recent thing. XD

Sunny. Please stay that way! (The forecast is clouds and thunderstorms from today through the weekend...)

Good morning, CPA!

Sunny and cool here this morning. The next week is supposed to be nice with temps in the high 70s/low 80s and sunny.

Shopping day today.

Happy shopping!

Today was better, though quiet at the shop.  No rain ever fell and I hope tomorrow stays the same.

10 hours ago, Lagie said:

Hunh. When you told us, I guess it must have sounded as though it was a recent thing. XD

so i asked someone about it, actually..... she's been there for five years, and she does remember the closing announcements, but that we didn't do them for very long sine she started.  so that would make it about four-ish years ago.  it's still awkward.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Today was better, though quiet at the shop.  No rain ever fell and I hope tomorrow stays the same.

woo hoo!

today was busy.  things felt off, although i couldn't put my finger on why.  maybe there was something in the water.  i don't think it was the moon, the full moon isn't until the 20th.  after a quick google search, i'm pretty sure we can blame it on mercury being in retrograde. XD 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

after a quick google search, i'm pretty sure we can blame it on mercury being in retrograde. XD 

That would explain A LOT. (Not alot ...)