Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

I am simply not wired for cave hunting! I'll be watching and waiting and waiting and waiting for the next shuffle and then something distracts me -- oooh, squirrel! And I am off, only to return just after the shuffle! EVERY TIME!

yep... that's totally me too.

in other news.....

On 8/3/2021 at 8:55 PM, Lagie said:

have you ever read The Thousandth Floor (and the two after it)? I'm on book 2 and enjoying it.

*digs up question from almost two months ago*

i've just started book three! :D 

Edited by trystan

8 hours ago, trystan said:

it's very dark and cloudy out there, i'm ready for it to rain.

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

We are supposed to get severe thunderstorms and stuff today. It started out sunny, but clouds have moved in. Still doesn't look stormy, though.

We had RAIN and rain and 'right on top of the shelter' lightning with immediate thunder. The front of the shop water was so deep one of our outside containers that gets tucked under the front table to stay dry floated out from under the table so of course now all the stuff in it and in the extra container rested on top of it are soaked. :rolleyes: I did not go wading out into the murk to rescue it.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I am simply not wired for cave hunting! I'll be watching and waiting and waiting and waiting for the next shuffle and then something distracts me -- oooh, squirrel! And I am off, only to return just after the shuffle! EVERY TIME!

XD Yup. A common hunting problem!

15 minutes ago, trystan said:

*digs up question from almost two months ago*

i've just started book three! :D 

Enjoy!

25 minutes ago, Lagie said:

We had RAIN and rain and 'right on top of the shelter' lightning with immediate thunder. The front of the shop water was so deep one of our outside containers that gets tucked under the front table to stay dry floated out from under the table so of course now all the stuff in it and in the extra container rested on top of it are soaked. :rolleyes: I did not go wading out into the murk to rescue it.

oh yikes!!

and yep, i hope to enjoy the book! :D 

I suspect we'll be tossing a lot of damaged items tomorrow. I know the wires bin contents will have to go as by morning said wires will have been sitting in water for almost 24 hours. :rolleyes:

Good night!

*poofs in a cloud of sour cream & onion chips*

13 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I suspect we'll be tossing a lot of damaged items tomorrow. I know the wires bin contents will have to go as by morning said wires will have been sitting in water for almost 24 hours. :rolleyes:

Good night!

*poofs in a storage cat of sour cream & onion chips*

thanks, lagie. *takes the storage cat*

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

That sounds like a lot of rain. I don't blame you for not wading after your containers.

We never did get the storms today. The sun came back out.

I sliced into my finger when I was fixing dinner. It is a pretty deep cut, but it is right on the end of my pinkie finger where you can't really put a bandage. So I fashioned a wound closure strip out of some clear tape and that seems to be working. It hurts when I type, though.

ouch, that sounds painful, purple!

and we got the rain, this morning - downpours and some lightning and rumbles of thunder for like 20ish minutes or so.  my boss is off this week, but she popped in today to take care of something this morning, and was spluttering that it wasn't supposed to rain until the afternoon.  on her way in, she stopped at the store for something they were sold out of, and her morning coffee.  it was dripping on her way in to the store, but she got soaked on her way back to the car.  it was pouring all the way to work, and then it finally stopped just after she parked.  and she was very annoyed that all the weather channels said it was supposed to rain the afternoon and not at like 10:30 in the morning.  i repeated the same thing i say all the time about the weather - it's just a "suggestion" of what might happen that day.  she said something about her hubby telling her that weather forecasts can change, or something like that.  she doesn't listen anyway, so....

Hope clean-up from the storm goes well Lagie!

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I sliced into my finger when I was fixing dinner

Ow. Hopes it heals quickly.

8 hours ago, trystan said:

she said something about her hubby telling her that weather forecasts can change, or something like that.  she doesn't listen anyway, so....

:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

Hope clean-up from the storm goes well Lagie!

Thanks! Knowing my eager beaver volunteers they'll have done it all before I even get there.

3 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Morning peeps!

I have to go to the dentist today T.T

Hope it goes well!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Sunny so far. I do hope it stays that way.

nice sunny day out there!

i'm about to look for names for the new release dragons, hatch some eggs, and see if my Celestials x Stats want to give me a stat for an online friend. bwahahaha. yeah right.

On 9/23/2021 at 8:31 PM, Lost_Unicorn said:

Will I get a staterae from them sooner than a hellhorse? Place your bets.

Spoiler

yes.png.45bac1cc3cec00ffd9f97c24a60fb944.png

The third pair made a hellhorse on the first try!

Midpoint almost reached, next up is breeding with pharos. Hopefully my luck will be better from now on. 🙏

Good thing I didn't bet! XD

My car needs a new radiator... *pouts* Methinks, I need a new car. :P

12 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Oh, ouch! That is not good news.

24 minutes ago, Lagie said:

oof.

i bred my two MB Staterae with CB Celestials.... one pair wasn't interested - booo! but the other pair gave me an Aquilo, an Astrapi, and a Celestial. *sigh*

Edited by trystan

8 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

getting the vaccine in one hour! :D

(the first shot)

Yay! :)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Please stay sunny again. We need to dry out. There were still pools of water in my shop yard from the heavy rains on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday.

Photos from Tuesday:

Screenshot_20210930-073006.thumb.jpg.ec172ec7b0e33867b8e0b24ffe384e9e.jpg

Screenshot_20210930-072945.thumb.jpg.9946341c07fe4261525b722a525d34a6.jpg

I had to use my rubber boots to open the shutters yesterday. XD

34 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Please stay sunny again. We need to dry out. There were still pools of water in my shop yard from the heavy rains on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday.

Photos from Tuesday:

What a mess! I hope you will have enough sun to dry that all up.

We had a beautiful, sunny day here yesterday. The temps are much cooler and the humidity is lower -- almost actual fall weather! It is supposed to stay that way through the weekend at least.

yikes, Lagie, that IS a mess!

it's cool and sunny here today.

i have my first doctor appointment with my new GP doctor tomorrow.  it's just an appointment so they get to know me, my health, etc, but it's the first time in my adult life that i'm going to a new GP doctor.  and i need to ask if they have the ability to see gyn patients as well .... that doctor's office is disappointing me as well.

Spoiler

i usually make my annual appointment at the same time as my mammogram - it's all in the same building, and so much more convenient than two separate appointments.  they're waiting for the hospital they're affiliated with to release the doctor's availability at the hospital so they know when the doctors are available for office appointments.  yes, i get it, it makes sense... but they haven't released the schedule for November 2021! yeesh.  if they were all booked up until the spring, or even next november, that's one thing.  but they don't know, so there's nothing, essentially.  yeesh. 

the new Drs is also associated with a hospital - but a different one!  so, we'll see how that goes.  if my blood pressure is higher than usual tomorrow, i'll know why XD

It is drying, thank goodness! The sun today has been lovely! :D

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

It is drying, thank goodness! The sun today has been lovely! :D

Glad you had good drying weather.

Good luck with the new doctor, @trystan. I hate breaking in new ones. XD

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Good luck with the new doctor, @trystan. I hate breaking in new ones. XD

heheh that's funny.

and thanks :D 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

heheh that's funny.

and thanks :D