Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

2 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

good afternoon cpa! i found what i was looking for!

Better than Bono, then. XD

10 hours ago, trystan said:

but.... since it feels like i'm doing two jobs, can i get paid twice? XD 

Yes? Would be nice if you could (like it would be nice if I were paid for all my extra time at the shop but 'part-timers don't get overtime' alas).

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Sunshine! I have some driving ahead of me today so I really hope it stays sunny.

I do wish the neighbour's cigarette smoke would stop wafting through my house around this time every morning.

There's a cicada buzzing intermittently outside the window.  One of the ones that just buzzes like like an electric can opener. I think it figured out the metal makes its buzzing louder. >.>

5 hours ago, trystan said:

morning all!

the boss is away today, so i play! (on dragoncave, that is. XD)

Have fun!

39 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

There's a cicada buzzing intermittently outside the window.  One of the ones that just buzzes like like an electric can opener. I think it figured out the metal makes its buzzing louder. >.>

They're officially the loudest insect on earth. I can't imagine them louder than they already are. :o *offers noise-cancelling headphones*

I've had two fairly successful errand-y trips today. My car definitely needs to be looked at by a mechanic as the coolant reserve tank was almost empty when I checked it today (only filled it just last Wednesday).

55 minutes ago, Lagie said:

They're officially the loudest insect on earth. I can't imagine them louder than they already are. :o *offers noise-cancelling headphones*

They are, but there's all different kinds of them. This one is not especially loud. I suspect it's a green one. I haven't seen it yet, but it obviously has seen me, because it temporarily stop its noise. Their season is about over. 

i hear the cicadas... i just haven't seen any of 'em.  now, spotted lantern flies? UGH. kill kill die die!!!! i've squished a few of them this year.

Never seen a spotted lantern fly. I'm in kill mode with the termites.

*heads to bed early*

Good night!

spotted lantern flies are brown and drab, but very colorful when they spread their wings.  but they're oh-so destructive.  the come with a Kill On Sight order.  

also, i should be able to hatch my new release eggs tomorrow - don't TJ's grow up tomorrow? or is that wednesday?

52 minutes ago, trystan said:

don't TJ's grow up tomorrow? or is that wednesday?

Wednesday -- they still have 5+ days left on their timers.

33 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Wednesday -- they still have 5+ days left on their timers.

ah phooey. i thought it was tuesdays. *pfft*

(really, it's cause i want to know what they are, so i can name 'em!)

1 hour ago, Fortune86 said:

Morning peeps

Good "morning" to you, fortune! Is that one of those floaty fire mage dudes from genshin impact i see in your pfp? (haven't played in months, dont know what they are called.)

1 hour ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

Good "morning" to you, fortune! Is that one of those floaty fire mage dudes from genshin impact i see in your pfp? (haven't played in months, dont know what they are called.)

Hi Corvi!

Pyro Abyss Mage yeah XD

What server are you on? If you come back maybe you can come fail with Spirit and I lol. 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

It's sunny at the moment but I've been hearing thunder rumbles from some direction (I have no distance view from my place).

My early to bed plan was kiboshed by Mama Cat who showed up just after I logged out. I stay with her while she eats so had to wait while she chowed down on a can and a half of wet food and some of the dry. She's so skinny. :(

And lo, raindrops while I was typing... but still sunny... and now stopped.

Good morning, CPA!

I have one little pink noodle on my scroll! So cute! (The rest of my eggs won't hatch for another hour or two, since I chose sleep over frustration on release night.)

1 hour ago, Fortune86 said:

Hi Corvi!

Pyro Abyss Mage yeah XD

What server are you on? If you come back maybe you can come fail with Spirit and I lol. 

Unfortunately Im a very low level (haven’t unlocked multiplayer) and haven’t played in months - I think I’m in the Europe server, though?

13 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

Unfortunately Im a very low level (haven’t unlocked multiplayer) and haven’t played in months - I think I’m in the Europe server, though?

Oh then you can play with Spirit and I! If you ever go back and need a hand, let us know and we'll come help (and steal all yo' crystalflies). You just need to get to Rank16 for multiplayer. 

Lagie!

*snugs*

45 minutes ago, Fortune86 said:

Lagie!

*snugs*

Fortune!

*snugs back*

How goes it?

Rain. Rain. Go away!

On 9/27/2021 at 9:37 AM, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

good afternoon cpa! i found what i was looking for!

Good to know!

Nothing like a hungry cat ambush, Lagie.

Unsurprisingly being a UK resident I've never seen or heard cicadas, but I've heard enough about them...

I believe in you Spirit and Fort!

Car is in for its repair after the diagnostic the other week, hopefully it'll be the cheaper failure (lambda sensor) rather than the expensive option (catalytic converter). Also I start running my virtual D&D game Sunday so need to boot up the laptop and make sure I'm ready now.

*Leaves snugs*

Edited by Kestra15

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

(The rest of my eggs won't hatch for another hour or two, since I chose sleep over frustration on release night.)

i get this.  i got my eggs at 10:05 and 10:15 a.m. release morning.  i'm actually about to go incubate them so they hatch.... right after i send this email.....

it's very dark and cloudy out there, i'm ready for it to rain.

My first batch are all hatched now. I haven't had any luck yet catching more. And I just missed an Autumn egg in the forest! Plus I spaz clicked an Ochredrake for some totally unknown reason and have to wait 5 hours before I can dump it. Blech!

We are supposed to get severe thunderstorms and stuff today. It started out sunny, but clouds have moved in. Still doesn't look stormy, though.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Plus I spaz clicked an Ochredrake for some totally unknown reason and have to wait 5 hours before I can dump it. Blech!

y'know, i picked up an egg i didn't want.... i got the suggestion to bite it!  it didn't work the first time i did that, but my vamp turned it and it stayed the second time i did it! XD

also, my new guys have all hatched!  i want to know what they are, so i can pick out names now.  when i 'came back' from my meh playing in spring 2019, i told myself to name the dragons as soon as i could.  my spreadsheet has names on it for my eggs already.  and i'm not always the best at waiting. XD

we just had some heavy rain, and i can still hear the thunder rumbling outside.  i only saw a few flashes of lightning, just enough to make me wonder if i really did see it.

4 hours ago, trystan said:

y'know, i picked up an egg i didn't want.... i got the suggestion to bite it! 

Won't work with drakes. Anyway, my vamps are such killers that I would almost surely lose on that deal! XD

The Ochre just aged out and went to the AP. 5 hours is better than 24.

58 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Won't work with drakes. Anyway, my vamps are such killers that I would almost surely lose on that deal! XD

yeah, you're right - i know Vamps can't bite drakes, duh.  and yeah, my Vamps are good at killing things.  although i'll have an egg one of my vamps will be biting shortly..... let's hope it turns and stays!