Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

2 hours ago, trystan said:

i worked this morning, we were busy.  but, as the manager who hired me all those years (10) ago, "it's a month that ends in -ber, of course it's busy!"

XD

And... it's raining again. :rolleyes:

We are watching Hurricane Sam. Way off at the moment but if it shifts left at all it could cause trouble.

Hope so!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

New release! Happy hunting!

So, my boss has had a stroke. She's only in her forties, and is one of the best nurses on the unit, and easily one of the best I've ever worked with. The whole unit is feeling s bit shook up by this.

She's well enough to be messaging us on WhatsApp, should be home this coming week and able to come to work in a month. But still...my publications and knowledge base is on stroke. I know how badly this can go for her over the coming years, and it just worries me that one day she'll be my patient.

Slightly sunny outside and Lover is asleep, so going for a walk.

Oh noes. That's not good, Mr. Kestra. *hugs* I hope she'll be okay.

Sunny at my end of the island but it's raining at the other end (the storm is audible and visible from here). Guess where I'm meant to be headed for brunch... :rolleyes:

Enjoy your walk!

Good morning, CPA!

*Fills a plate with those yummy waffles!*

@Kestra15 Sorry to hear about your supervisor. Hope her recovery goes smoothly. Strokes are scary!

I got my new release eggs. Four of each. Now two days of waiting for them to hatch. I hate that part because there is really nothing to do during that time.

Only pretending to be awake...

*mutters something about pink snakes and tea puppies*

Ww2J.gif    OdTg.gif

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

40 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

*mutters something about pink snakes and tea puppies*

Ww2J.gif    OdTg.gif

Interesting.

By the way, did I ever mention how much I like the Autumn is here! gif in your signature?

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Interesting.

By the way, did I ever mention how much I like the Autumn is here! gif in your signature?

No, and thank you.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I got my new release eggs. Four of each. Now two days of waiting for them to hatch. I hate that part because there is really nothing to do during that time.

Same. 

morning all!

i got two of each of the new eggs - i have some seasonal breeding plans for monday, so i want to keep slots open in case i actually GET the autumn eggs (my bred Summers x Equinoxes. i came up with this silly idea back at the end of the winter.  it's slow going....)

shopping now (online) to pick up tomorrow.... and then work - i have to be there in three hours - 2:30, instead of 3.  so i have to leave at 2 (Cave/Eastern time). by that time, i should have two more adults, and one of my younger hatchies should have gendered. :D 

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Ditto.

Influenced, incubated, rehidden. *twiddles thumbs and waits for lunch to settle* I always forget that at that particular restaurant I always leave feeling overstuffed and nauseous, no matter what I order. I did have to drive through pouring rain to get there but it was clear at the actual place.

40 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I did have to drive through pouring rain to get there but it was clear at the actual place.

Sorry about that, Lagie. 

Spoiler

20210926_160251.jpg

Sorry, I'm bored and sleep-deprived. Or I'm bored because I'm sleep-deprived. It's kinda hard to t3ll which. It all kinda runs together like sidewalk chalk colors in the rain.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Sorry about that, Lagie. 

Reveal hidden contents

20210926_160251.jpg

XD You're forgiven.

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

It all kinda runs together like sidewalk chalk colors in the rain.

That sounds kind of pretty actually.

I'm so glad the noisy people have left the pool so I can open my window and catch some of the breeze.

oof.  there's a new hire at my retail job.  it's almost like every day she works is her first day again.  i mentioned it to one of full-time managery people, and she said she knows, the new lady is special, and we just have to work with it.  so today i felt like i was running two registers, helping out the new lady with register things that she keeps forgetting.  i've told her the register will prompt for information at screens, but everyone has their own script/order of how to do things on the register.  but.... since it feels like i'm doing two jobs, can i get paid twice? XD 

There's tax breaks for employers who hire people with disabilities. Generally, the person's employment only last as long as the tax exemption.

Sorry.

It is as I feared. My vampire eggs came from a scroll that like mine favors creating female Vampires. I was only able to Influence one to be male before it hatched.

eh it's fine.  i just have to turn on my "teach the person as if it's their first day" mode, and it's all good.

whoopsie!

anyone have tips for finding something small lost in your house that was likely moved by someone else?

37 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

anyone have tips for finding something small lost in your house that was likely moved by someone else?

Walk around barefoot. If it's on the floor, it'll find your foot. 

*hug Lagie and Haze* Thank you.