Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

RAIN messed up our shop day again.

I'm sooo tired of the rain.

Toppage, page 516, with another rain complaint! :P

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

no rain today.  it's supposed to be nice all week.  i think this is our week for Fall, and then it's summer ("Indian Summer") again, and then it'll just go right to winter.  our seasons are messed up.

Enjoy your Indian summer!

Here, it's warm pretty much year-round.

Strange politics...

Screenshot_20210924-190823.thumb.jpg.1210553cd9e105fcf4a492aabdcc9f2e.jpg

But the likeness is uncanny, right down to the clothes. XD

Edited by Lagie
Fixing spoiler

24 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Strange politics...

eep!

i've always thought that Indian Summer was when it got warm again after the first frost, but it turns out that it's just a period of warmer weather in late fall. 🤷‍♀️

Hunh. Go figure.

I did a very bad thing today. :P I did my morning routine out of sequence and missed one of the final (most important) steps - I forgot to close and lock my sliding door. :rolleyes: Good thing I live in a fairly secure gated community.

It has been raining for the last hour.

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I did a very bad thing today. :P I did my morning routine out of sequence and missed one of the final (most important) steps - I forgot to close and lock my sliding door. :rolleyes: Good thing I live in a fairly secure gated community.

oopsie!

i was off today.  i don't wanna go back to work tomorrow (retail job. ugh)

Just now, trystan said:

i was off today.  i don't wanna go back to work tomorrow (retail job. ugh)

Hope you had a good day off! I hear you on the not wanting to go back.

eh, it's not so bad.  i'm good at complaining. XD 

my desk job will be nice next week - boss is out from september 27th through october 4th - she always takes off this time of year - but she'll be popping in for a little bit on tuesday.  and i only have like four things to do all week XD 

Nice! Enjoy her absence!

Our accountant is off next week. She's one of the more stable people at the shelter so things often go awry when she's away.

i will! dragons all the time! XD 

oh yikes.  how awry is awry? :blink:

Well, last time the chickens weren't fed for three days. The guinea pigs tend to be forgotten when she's not there. She's officially the accountant but she does far too much of what the shelter manager is supposed to be doing.

24 minutes ago, trystan said:

i'm good at complaining

It's good to have skills. I'm good at procrastination. There's not much of market for it, tho.

9 hours ago, trystan said:

how do you also reach through the screen and poke them when they put up really silly trades.... like for a CB of something that's hybrid only.... or something equally as impossible....

Like a Pumpkin dragon in September...

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

yep, that's it exactly! XD 

..... bait and switch???? :blink:

Edited by trystan

10 hours ago, trystan said:

oh wow.

sounds like you need a new shelter manager?

We do. Have needed for years. Ours is not going anywhere any time soon.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Please stay sunny!

Nice pumpkin dragon! :D

Good morning, CPA!

Nice cool morning here today. I should get out and do some work in the yard while I can. But the mosquitos are terrible! I walked out to the back fence yesterday and back again -- maybe two minutes out there, max -- and came back with at least 8 bites! So, if I do go out I need to either wear long pants and long sleeves or load myself up with repellent! Neither option really appeals to me and the first still leaves my face and hands unprotected.

I'm emptying my egg spaces again in anticipation of a release. Did it last weekend for nothing. :rolleyes: I will need to leave one space for my 20 Week pair, which hopefully will give me one more egg in the line before the Challenge ends at midnight tomorrow.

10 hours ago, trystan said:

yep, that's it exactly! XD 

..... bait and switch???? :blink:

I thought the Pumpkin dragon sculpture was cooler.

I'm a bit of a compulsive editor.  🤗

14 hours ago, trystan said:

no rain today.  it's supposed to be nice all week.  i think this is our week for Fall, and then it's summer ("Indian Summer") again, and then it'll just go right to winter.  our seasons are messed up.

Doesn't sound that much different from here. Except winter here is most brown and yellow.

Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone!

I’m in the middle of moving to a new country and a new job. On Monday, I will sign the lease to my new flat. I feel like I should be happier, everyone said it was awfully hard to find a flat in Munich and I managed it. But there has so many things to be done still and it’s my nature to worry about them. 

Also doesn’t help that my German is very poor, I can’t really understand people (especially on the phone urgh) and whenever I try to speak, I mix it up with Dutch. I must sound like a complete idiot.

*hugs* @Elizabeth Moonstone! I can see why you are anxious. I'm sure things will get easier with time, but hopefully people will be patient with you in the meantime! Best of luck to you on your move!

Edited by purplehaze

3 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone!

I’m in the middle of moving to a new country and a new job. On Monday, I will sign the lease to my new flat. I feel like I should be happier, everyone said it was awfully hard to find a flat in Munich and I managed it. But there has so many things to be done still and it’s my nature to worry about them. 

Also doesn’t help that my German is very poor, I can’t really understand people (especially on the phone urgh) and whenever I try to speak, I mix it up with Dutch. I must sound like a complete idiot.

You'll be surprised how quickly it will improve, especially if it's the only thing you're speaking! (I hated talking on the phone when I was in Germany - can't see expressions).  Good luck with the move and the new job!

3 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

*snorts*

The rain did NOT stay away.  For a full hour of our four hour shop time, it rained steadily and heavily, and for the next hour we waded around in 3 - 5 inches of water left behind.  For basically only two hours of shop time, we did well!