Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Sorry.

Apple: Working as intended. Buy more of our products.

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Apple: Working as intended. Buy more of our products.

I'm considering buying a new iPhone because that would be easier (organizationally) than replacing the battery in my current one.

But this phone is only two years old! It should not go from 70% to "oops I'm dead bye" over night!

I'm really wondering if that's intentional (planned obsolescence).

I tend to think it is. There are laws against planned obsolescence. There's also a number of ways to get around those laws.

The worst part is we have some stupid testing thing in <redacted> all students from from grade3-11 have to do and you need wired headphones/buds for that >:[ and worse, its tomorrow :( fortunatly i have headphones i borrowed, but they are big and are not going to fit in my teeny tiny computer bag so i'll have to wear them in. Also, someone went in and covered our entire homeroom walls with paper? Apparently it's so we cant look at the words? The silly thing is our computers get branded by the school, so if i need to spell "stewardship" correctly... (our school has their name on everything... even the socks... branded socks. Also, we have to have clear water bottles in case we sneak the answers in the water bottles. But that's enough about my test.

I bring you fanart of Philza, who's name is Philza Minecraft and is quite old and is married to a woman, that is interesting /c

85d843869e45a70c06a4133c43498d9b.jpg

credit to viidakkos on Twitter

Edited by SomeRandomCorviknight

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

That's frustrating about the earphone thingies, @SomeRandomCorviknight. I hope the exam goes well.

I finally finished putting all the Lego containers away so my bedroom floor is now clear again. Huzzah!

Hi Lagie

*huggles weakly*

didn’t sleep mush las night. Fell asleep at like 1130pm cause I was listening to Readt player one on my ech Last night. Also, on saterday, my mum pressured my to do my bes on homwerk or I wouldn’t be able to see u guy s all’s sommer so yea. Onc in wake up mor I’ll talk alot mor.

Alos, I really like the.  Ew electric dragon sprite. 

Edited by Gavvv24

Heyo, CPA! Been too long since I was here, forums look a lot quieter than they used to be. Hope y’all doing well ❤️

hey there RWyvern!

and even though companies won't admit it, planned obsolescence is a thing.  mine and hubby's old phones really did go from "70% to "oops I'm dead bye"" in less than half a day. :blink:

i'm about to find out which color my AP Gemshard will be! *crosses fingers and toes for red!*

edit - that one was red! yaay!

i also redid the top of my scroll, with the dragons guarding the eggs and hatchies. for a while didn't have an adult dragon between my last hatchie and my lil'Tree, but now i do.  i think i like these three dragons at the top of my scroll now. :)

Edited by trystan
update post

5 hours ago, trystan said:

and even though companies won't admit it, planned obsolescence is a thing.  

Yep. We changed the ports, the plugins, the battery size/shape, now you need very specific tools to remove that part, we no longer offer updates for that, cheap screws that crumble instead of turn... stuff like that. 

6 hours ago, Gavvv24 said:

Also, on saterday, my mum pressured my to do my bes on homwerk or I wouldn’t be able to see u guy s all’s sommer so yea.

Do your best! We'd miss you. (And don't type while sleeping. ;) )

6 hours ago, RWyvern said:

forums look a lot quieter than they used to be. Hope y’all doing well ❤️

Welcome back! Yes, they are. A lot of people switched to Discord when the forum host changed. We keep it busy in Games, though!

edit - that one was red! yaay!

Yay for the colour you wanted!

14 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Yep. We changed the ports, the plugins, the battery size/shape, now you need very specific tools to remove that part, we no longer offer updates for that, cheap screws that crumble instead of turn... stuff like that. 

Yup. Nothing lasts now like it used to.

I got lots of errands done, paid a bunch of bills, picked up my mail (finally some from the US!), only to then have to go back and UN-pay one of the bills due to the info in my mail. Lunch with a friend, and I'm now about to go out and pick up the keys for tomorrow's house sit.

Edited by Lagie
Adding info

That's good.

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yup. Nothing lasts now like it used to.

People think there is this magical place called 'Away' where all the broken unusable items go and never are seen or heard from ever again.

If we had a Stargate, we'd be shoving hazardous waste through it, not looking for adventure.

23 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

and even though companies won't admit it, planned obsolescence is a thing.  

or things cost more to fix it than to just go get a new one.

9 minutes ago, Lagie said:

A lot of people switched to Discord when the forum host changed.

i'm here AND on discord! :D 

i still have two more gemshards, they have 6d 1h left, so they can't hatch quite yet....

11 minutes ago, trystan said:

or things cost more to fix it than to just go get a new one.

Weedeaters - ethanol ate the plastic fuel line? Cheaper to replace the entire thing.

Replacement blades for pet clippers or an extra battery for cordless screwdriver or a new charger? 2/3rd the price of buying an entire brand new set.

Lagie, I wasn’t sleeping, I just woke up, that’s all 

59 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Weedeaters - ethanol ate the plastic fuel line? Cheaper to replace the entire thing.

Replacement blades for pet clippers or an extra battery for cordless screwdriver or a new charger? 2/3rd the price of buying an entire brand new set.

yeah, that sounds about right *sigh*

37 minutes ago, Gavvv24 said:

Lagie, I wasn’t sleeping, I just woke up, that’s all 

Let's check the cam footage.

Spoiler

20210510_174934.jpg

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

XD Nice footage!

Well, keys in hand now. I was reminded to 'leave things as I found them' as in fill the ice trays and empty the garbage. So I explained her husband had told me to leave the ice trays so I had. The garbage I genuinely forgot as the gardener usually does it.

Goodnight CPA. See y’all tomorrow morning.

Spoiler

image.gif.1db2c8b388b90f17e01893b591a98bc7.gif

Edited by Gavvv24

Good night, Gavvv! Sleep well! Sweet dreams of sour pickles!

Good night from me, too!

*poofs in a cloud of sour cream and onion potato chips*

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny.

We are meant to be having last week's staff meeting today. I'll believe it when it happens.

Good morning, CPA!

I guess the coffee is cold by now! XD Or is CPA coffee always hot and fresh?

It's bright and sunny here, too, but chilly.

I need a haircut again. I was going to go this morning, but may just wait until tomorrow after I am done walking with my friends.

Good morning Lagie! 
*huggles with the force of the force*

*imperial March starts playing*

How’s your day going? Mines going not half bad. I had a really weird dream last night where I met you at Walmart on top of the bike racks. I just imagined you as your PfP, so you were just a floating pic of a dog. 
This was my night last night:

Spoiler

image.jpeg.e3a686910c0c71973351e35c12281aef.jpeg

Also, this was basically my Mother’s Day: 

Spoiler

image.thumb.gif.97b16cf4e8de11aa221e92459a851005.gif

so... i'll see what color my bred gemshards are in a little over 7 hours.  and yes, that does seem like far away, it'll be after dinner, so that's a good benchmark. :D

i'm liking my hair as it is right now, i'm going to wait a little bit longer until i decide the $20 at hair cuttery is worth it XD

i DO have to call Hand & Stone and see about a massage - hubby got me a gift card for Xmas 2019.  my plan was to go on my birthday that following year, or maybe mothers day, or something.  but that was 2020, and we all know how that turned out XD so maybe i can schedule a massage for sometime in june. :)