Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Posted (edited)

But then how would we know who you are?

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with peanut butter and jam*

We had a whopper of a thunderstorm last night. There are leaves and branches and tiny mangoes everywhere. I can't straighten the plant pot that tipped over, it's too heavy for me.

Toppage, page 399! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

LAGIE!

*huggles*

You are okay at least?

Hi Ruby, Purple, Unicorn!

Fortune change it to Childe!

Spirit!

*huggles back*

I am, thanks! This house has hurricane windows and no curtains, so I had to watch it. :P

That would freak me out slightly! But glad you are okay!

It was rather disconcerting. I was in this house for Hurricane Floyd in 1999, with proper shutters, and that felt more secure. Mind you, this storm came up so quickly, there wasn't a lot of time to prepare. Today is windy and clear.

I've never been such a storm.

Be glad you haven't! They're somewhat scary. And a lot of mess to clean up after.

Scary storms are scary! We had some loud thunder last evening, but no winds, although we had severe weather alerts.

Glad you weathered the storm okay, Lagie.

1 hour ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

Good morning or good day!

Good day! :)

Me, too, @purplehaze!

Now I'm doing laundry to prepare for these people coming home today.

Hmm. Jet Propulsion is voiced by a girl.

Posted (edited)

hey all!

yeah we had a bit of thunder, lightning and rain last night too. the lightning lit up the sky, and a few of the cats weren't sure what to do about the thunder.  but it's just soggy now today.

i ended up breeding some purples, pinks, and reds instead of stalking the biomes and AP.  and now i'm just about full up! hee.

edit: (because i clicked submit reply before i was finished with my post XD) - i've signed up to test a crochet shawl pattern.  maybe it was because i was working on it over the weekend, but i'd emailed the pattern designer with some questions, and posted on the forum as well.  i did get answers from the forum, which helped.  but when i read one of the up coming sections, there were a few pieces of direction and information missing.  so i emailed the designer again, and told her i wasn't going to be able to finish an actual shawl, but these were my notes on the pattern. i hope she's okay with all that.

Edited by trystan
it's monday

XD Good that you can help!

It's high cloud sunny today and quite warm. I wonder where the kittens went in last night's storm.

i mean, it's not what she was probably expecting.  but if you tell me to remove a stitch marker but don't tell me where i need to place it again, that's something that needs to be there.  there's a few sections to the shawl, and when you change colors, do you join them to the right side or the wrong side of the fabric?  there's one shaped section where the best way to do it is to finish one row, cut the yarn, and make the next row... but it's not like i have an endless supply of yarn to DO that! (also, that seems to go against what i feel about crochet. there IS a way to not cut the yarn every time, but that makes it bulky, and i don't want to do that either.)  in the end, i just don't want to make this shawl.  if it was something i randomly found online, i wouldn't make it after seeing the pattern anyway.

yeah.

Sounds complicated!  The extent of my crochet skills is a straight line of 30 stitches that always curls, but it's perfect as I use them for mouse tails. XD

actually, it's a little more complicated than i was expecting.  another reason i told her i wasn't going to be able to finish it. (i mean, i didn't tell her it was complicated.  it was another one of my justifications to email the designer and tell her i couldn't finish it.)

I'd find another project. :P

I've just bred all my breeding reds, so they should be in the AP in a couple of days.

oh i've got other projects, i don't need to "find" another one! XD

:)

I haven't yet heard from the person here that she's landed in Nassau. Do I stay or do I go? My stuff is all loaded in the car (bar the fridge/freezer items).

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Do I stay or do I go?

isn't this a song by the Clash? :) 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

isn't this a song by the Clash? :) 

I think it might be! XD

Thankfully she called shortly after that post so I knew it was okay to go.

close enough.  it's Should I Stay or Should I Go XD 

but glad you heard back from her. :) 

I'm back home now. For 6 days. Then out again to a different house.

It is. I had missed it in 2020 with no one travelling so it's nice to start getting back into the rhythm of it again (and the extra money helps, too).

i'm still not going anywhere except on zoom :) 

my mom is starting to go back to being her social butterfly self .... she went to dinner with some friends again. :)