Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

17 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Hmmm... 🤔 According to Wiki, there are 13 different vaccines. How am I supposed to know if I'm getting the right microchip?

Bill Gates will make sure you do. After all, he is all powerful.

Rainy and chilly here and it looks like a stupid robin has been trying to build a nest in our back rain gutter. Of all the inappropriate places it could have picked, that may be one of the worst.

30 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Bill Gates will make sure you do. After all, he is all powerful.

Rainy and chilly here and it looks like a stupid robin has been trying to build a nest in our back rain gutter. Of all the inappropriate places it could have picked, that may be one of the worst.

Oh, good.

Yeah, some birds are like that. I've seen photos of nests built on wreaths on the door and in hanging plant baskets. And a hummingbird nest on a porch swing.  Some bird species continue to exist by being prolific and persistent, not smart. 

Oh, and then there was the one bird trying to build anest on the side mirror of the car - that the guy was driving to work. And it would try again the next day. I think that was a robin, too.

Different bird. Different car. Different side mirror. Same idea. Same stubbornness.

Spoiler

20210409_120237.jpg

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

9 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

I only drink Rooibos tea. Mostly a coffee drinker but if I have to drink tea it has to be Rooibos!

Blerg. Glad you like it, though.

Cute bird, @Long_Before_Sunrise!

I've another batch of Lego to rinse and sort.

i have a Chai Rooibos tea that i like.  i also like the Peach Tranquility from Starbucks.

i worked in the middle of the day, and so now it's after dinner.  i'm watching jeopardy and going through my mail. :) 

i know Zyus are stubborn to hatch, but the one that grew up today and the current hatchie are stubborn to gender too. XD i named 'em anyway, because i influenced them.  it's also good that we can rename them too! :) 

I missed final Jeopardy, but got more of the car ones than I expected.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

The dog has gone over the wall again. I hope she returns before 8 a.m. or I'm going to be late for work.

13 hours ago, Lagie said:

Blerg. Glad you like it, though.

I totally agree with that, I didn't know how to phrase it though XD

So I moved to this appartment like 10 months ago.

And I've still got boxes to unpack. This weekend is more or less dedicated to unpacking XD

had to close the store earlier this afternoon and do a deep clean - someone on the early morning crew tested positive for covid. fun!  i posted some more details over in the coronavirus discussion thread.  so instead of working 5 hours, i worked an hour and a half.

some time ago, i'd posted the days that were good for me to hunt and breed dragon egg, and someone had asked what about fridays or saturdays?  i figured out that the answer is that by this time (just after 5 p.m. cave time on a saturday) i have NO eggs, and therefore all available egg slots open - just on the random off-chance that tomorrow is new release day.  and that if i time all my egg right, i should never still have eggs by saturday night, and therefore would never be locked on a new release day. XD so.... i'm thinking ahead.  (overthinking ahead?)

Edited by trystan
clarification

24 minutes ago, trystan said:

i figured out that the answer is that by this time (just after 5 p.m. cave time on a saturday) i have NO eggs, and therefore all available egg slots open - just on the random off-chance that tomorrow is new release day.  and that if i time all my egg right, i should never still have eggs by saturday night, and therefore would never be locked on a new release day. XD so.... i'm thinking ahead.  (overthinking ahead?)

I just readsomething that sounded suspiciously like 'Plan ahead. Have your egg slots empty. Don't panic at the last minute and abandon the eggs you caught, found, or traded for. " :excl:

This 'planning ahead on DC ' goes against my principles, I think. 🤔

24 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

This 'planning ahead on DC ' goes against my principles, I think. 🤔

this made me giggle for some reason XD 

Planning ahead isn't a good partner for procrastination. :mellow: I have tested this.

Last Minute Panic - now, that gets results ...       or a depressing sense of being hopelessly overwhelmed. 🤔 It's a mixed bag of nuts.

well, everyone has a different system.  what works for you might not for me.  it's fine. it what makes DC a fun place :) 

Who said it works? :P

I mean, sometimes it works out right.

but stopped clocks, day, something something... (y)

and again, your post made me giggle.

i'm also easily amused and distrac --

Squirrel!

I do like the alot . A lot.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

I think I shall do my food shopping today.

Edited by Lagie

That's alot of alots! :wacko:

I feel like I lose too much time and egg space if I try to plan ahead too much for releases. I usually get down to few or no eggs the last couple of weekends of the month (unless I forget), as those are most likely.

It's way too soon for another release.

*tries to stop reflex-clicking hydros*

("But they're so cute!")

Food shopping done and dusted. I even had the good packing boy! :D

57 minutes ago, Lagie said:

*tries to stop reflex-clicking hydros*

("But they're so cute!")

I know, right?

I have my quota from the last release, but still need Cantormaris and a bunch of the newer Xenos. It took me years to get a full set of the first Xenos! Multi-dragon releases and multi-version dragons are always a challenge.

57 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It's way too soon for another release.

Yes, but it has happened before.

*looks through Trade at the Wants* Someone has slipped something  in these guys' juce boxes.

i got my food shopping done.... online! i get to pick it up tomorrow after work :) 

i have a seasonal pair to breed tonight.  if i get another equinox, i'll breed them next sunday again (but my breeding time is getting closer to a tv show time.  soon enough that breeding will be on a monday.  well, at least until i get a spring!)  i have a few pairs to breed on thursday afternoons. right now i have 4, hopefully i'll have some purples to help with the fertility.  maybe i ought to look for a few purples, reds, and pinks after work tonight :) (i mean, yes, i can breed, but that's too easy.  keeps me out of trouble when i stalk the biomes and AP :P)

and yes, the Hydros ARE cute.  i ought to look for a few more of those too. :) 

Edited by trystan
typo. y'all surprised?

5 minutes ago, trystan said:

maybe i ought to look for a few purples, reds, and pinks :)

Me for last few months. Then I trade or give them away....

I haven't put together a Newbie BSA Hatchie pack in a while.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise