Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Shouldn't that be three-headed then?

Two heads are bad enough. They'll always speak in riddles. Three heads and they'll never agree on anything.

15 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:
26 minutes ago, trystan said:

Ymbrynes are Peculiars that can manipulate time and space and create "loops" to keep other peculiars in their care safe.  they're from Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children book series.  they can also shape-shift into birds.

Ah, thank you! I did watch that one in English, but THIS spelling would never have occurred to me!

that's the spellings in the books too (ymbryne) -- at least, the books in english, anyway.  i'm reading the last one now, as listed in my sig. :)

10 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:
16 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Ymbrynes are Peculiars that can manipulate time and space and create "loops" to keep other peculiars in their care safe.  they're from Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children book series.  they can also shape-shift into birds.

Two heads are bad enough. They'll always speak in riddles. Three heads and they'll never agree on anything.

so there's this book out there called Two Jews, Three Opinions, but it's like that with anyone!

also, i think it was Ben Franklin who said something along the lines of "Three may keep a secret if two are dead."

16 minutes ago, trystan said:

that's the spellings in the books too (ymbryne) -- at least, the books in english, anyway.  i'm reading the last one now, as listed in my sig. :)

That's the thing: I never knew a book exists for that. Movies usually don't spell out names :)

16 minutes ago, trystan said:

so there's this book out there called Two Jews, Three Opinions, but it's like that with anyone!

We have this saying with lawyers, actually. Ask 3 lawyers, get 4 opinions.

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That's the thing: I never knew a book exists for that. Movies usually don't spell out names :)

true enough.  when i watch things on tv or netflix i like to put on captioning as well.

the movie was based (mostly) on the first book, and there's 6 books in the series XD

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

We have this saying with lawyers, actually. Ask 3 lawyers, get 4 opinions.

also accurate.

Uncle Ghost is feeling better but now he's settled in on one of the kittens' towels. I really don't need three cats! :o

The box that I thought had a DVD player turns out to have a record/tape/CD player in it, so I am listening to audiotapes that I haven't heard in over ten years! * happy dance *

well, we have 7 cats..... XD 

oh very cool! trip down memory lane!

I have 7 too but usually only two live here. XD Mama showed up tonight, first time in about three weeks, and Julian had no trap available.

Yes, I started with one of my homemade tapes. My favourite songs from Cats on one side, and a bunch of other songs I loved on the other... and forgot that side ended with a brief bit of me on recorder practicing for a school concert. I forget who's playing the guitar.

Actually, with the return of Mama, it's 8, though now it's Odin I haven't seen for several days (I suspect it's he who beat Ghost up).

Yup, very cool! :)

Now I need a way to convert the tapes into some kind of digital...

wow.

Bad Odin.

yeeeeears ago (early 00s?) i had a program on my computer that could do that.  i had this whole set-up where i had my boom box/cassette player/stereo hooked into my computer, and i converted quite a number of tapes to digital and burned them on to CDs.  i even converted a friend's performances in Gilbert & Sullivan shows from his tape recording to CD.

i knew there was a limited number of times i could do this for free, so i wasn't surprised when one day it told me i had to sign in and send it money if i wanted to continue!

but i don't remember the name of the program... :( 

Nice! I doubt anything online would be free these days. Maybe if I put it out in the universe loudly enough, something suitable will show up at the shop. (It worked for those silly plastic things you make your own popsicles with. XD )

Hi. My name is SomeRandomCorviknight, and I am a compulsive poster.

Are discussions about dragcave allowed here because if they are i just found out pillow dragons are a thing and aaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i sure hope i don't get banned from this thread for saying that

i love fluffy things ❤️ I saw a really fluffy cat when i was going home from school. He didn't want to be admired because a bunch of other students were annoying it and generally not treating him well :(

Where i live, i can barely ever wear fluffy clothes - i've never seen it get below 10 degrees. Right now its 25 C - and it's not even day! It's like 9pm

1 hour ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

Where i live, i can barely ever wear fluffy clothes - i've never seen it get below 10 degrees. Right now its 25 C - and it's not even day! It's like 9pm

Let's swap climates - it's cold enough here for fluffy clothes and fluffy cats and dogs! XD

So I heard a song on the radio this morning, not for the first time, I know it well, but today my brain insists on replaying it wrongly ...

"You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille! With fourhundred children and the crops in the field ..."

Brain, it's HUNGRY not HUNDRED!

Has this ever happened to you? XD

2 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

Hi. My name is SomeRandomCorviknight, and I am a compulsive poster.

Are discussions about dragcave allowed here because if they are i just found out pillow dragons are a thing and aaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i sure hope i don't get banned from this thread for saying that

i love fluffy things ❤️ I saw a really fluffy cat when i was going home from school. He didn't want to be admired because a bunch of other students were annoying it and generally not treating him well :(

Welcome to the madness! B) Have a brownie. It's fine to talk about dragons, or pretty much anything else here. :) You're even warmer than I am it seems and up till now, I think I've had the warmest climate (Bahamas). *sends ice*

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

19 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

So I heard a song on the radio this morning, not for the first time, I know it well, but today my brain insists on replaying it wrongly ...

"You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille! With fourhundred children and the crops in the field ..."

Brain, it's HUNGRY not HUNDRED!

Has this ever happened to you? XD

Yup. Not with that particular song but with others. XD

My warm climate is kind of chilly and windy this morning. Ghost has moved into the cat bed leaving the kittens to sleep on the towel on the chair.

hey there, @SomeRandomCorviknight!

wearing fluffy things here is awesome in the winter, not so much in the icky humid summer. bleh.

today it's supposed to go up to 61F/16C! :blink:

Ruby, Lagie, those things are called "mondegreens" - some of them are hilarious. XD

I know what a mondegreen is. But why does my brain insist on *making* it wrong even though it knows the correct text perfectly well?

4 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

why does my brain insist on *making* it wrong even though it knows the correct text perfectly well?

because brains are weeeeeird.

like cats.

they do/hear what they want. XD

6 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

"You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille!

I could end up hating you for posting that! Now I have had that song running through my head for the last few hours! XD

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I could end up hating you for posting that! Now I have had that song running through my head for the last few hours! XD

I did, too! XD And the Canadian version from the 80s about Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.

It took turning on the radio in my car on the way to work to knock it out. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

And the Canadian version from the 80s about Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.

Never heard that one! But I doubt I want to! XD

my userpic has now decided it's spring time!

(even though the equinox isn't until the 20th! :P)

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Never heard that one! But I doubt I want to! XD

Well, the music isn't there but here's a short synopsis.

'Three lonely children, and I'm losing Quebec...' - of course, one of those children is now the current PM!

I got my spring mask yesterday. I'm going to wait till after my vacation to wear it.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I got my spring mask yesterday. I'm going to wait till after my vacation to wear it.

i'm still wearing my halloween masks! XD 🦇 🎃

Just now, trystan said:

i'm still wearing my halloween masks! XD 🦇 🎃

Nothing wrong with that! (I have my snowmen on, and it doesn't even snow here...)