Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Posted (edited)

A very good thing!

Though I did start out the day threatening to not turn in the funds if the Covidiot from yesterday hadn't been fined, but thankfully he had been.

Toppage, page 322! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

i'm making a rainbow blanket for my nephew.  he's 4.  it was for chanukah, but that's over! XD i've started in the center and am working my way outwards... kinda like a granny square, but it's a different stitch.  i've got red in the center, and i'm up to the yellow. XD 

Nice! That sounds like a great project.

I'll look forward to that!

I'm going to poof now. My phone needs charging.

Good night!

*poofs in a cloud of Fruit Snacks*

oh noes, people poofed o:

that is a skill though lagie, poofing food PX

XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

I'm freezing.

I have a large Lego set en route! A friend used their US post box to order it for me.

i'm comfy in the office, but it's cold outside.

i got my staples order of tote boxes to save my stuff in.  i might even work on a few boxes this afternoon as well.  i need to return a library book, and maybe get the purple yarn for that blanket i'm working on.

Hello, CPA!

Made a short trip out to run some errands this afternoon and it was not as cold as I expected.

My car has had the tire-pressure-warning light on since before Christmas and I have had no luck trying to get a reading with the tire guage I have. I tried to use one of the "free air" things at the gas station, but that didn't seem to be working. So today I gave up and went to Just Tires. I was pleasantly surprised that the guy took care of it right away, even gave me two new valve caps, and charged nothing for it. My two back tires were both low. Hopefully they will hold the pressure and not need any more attention.

I also need to call the Hyundai dealership about a recall notice that I just got. I hate dealing with all this stuff with cars. Wish I didn't need one, but in the suburban area where I live there are really no good options.

Recall? Eeps. I hope it's nothing dangerous.

I had a mentally exhausting shop day. We have one Haitian customer who argues and debates and deliberately tries to confuse while you are tallying her bill. She started with 8 items for a total of $57 and ended up putting most of it back for a new, sixth or seventh revsion, total of $17... and tried to give me $16. She may end up as our first banned customer.

48 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Recall? Eeps. I hope it's nothing dangerous.

Only a small matter of the possibility of fire in the engine compartment even when the engine is off, if the ABS gets wet and shorts out! :o They tell me to park it outdoors away from other vehicles until I get it fixed! That is where it is always parked anyway, but I still don't really want my car to burn up!

That customer sounds like a real winner! I could understand if she gets banned.

oh, that's only a small matter, purple? XD 

yikes, lagie, that customer is a real doozy!

Hmm. That doesn't sound small:o Stay safe, @purplehaze!

Yup. We all cringe when we see her coming. She's also one of those Covidiots who thinks she has to pull down her mask to speak. :rolleyes: Eventually it wasn't just me telling her to put it up; the other customers were, too.

44 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yup. We all cringe when we see her coming. She's also one of those Covidiots who thinks she has to pull down her mask to speak. :rolleyes: Eventually it wasn't just me telling her to put it up; the other customers were, too.

ugh, i hate when people pull down their masks.  i just project my voice.

I wear two masks. No one has ever told me they can't hear me.

i think people "can't" hear you because they just don't wanna.

idk, honestly, sometimes even when I try to speak louder/project my voice people can't hear me and I have to take off my mask for a brief moment (hasn't happened recently though, don't usually go out in an environment where I would have to do that). It might also depend on who one's talking to as well; some people aren't able to hear certain pitches as well as others.

True.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Is anyone else finding the forum slow today?

very slow.  it's now almost 9:30 at night and i finally got here.  i worked on some of my boxes today, to take out to the new shed, hopefully tomorrow. :) 

my mom's coming for dinner tomorrow to celebrate her birthday (which was december 30th) and i'm making cheeseburgers for dinner :D 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Thanks for posting, @trystan, so I didn't have to double post in my own thread. XD

The forum is still very slow.

I'm home again. I missed the dogs last night. And it's cold again. Brrr.

Another slow day on the forum? But I am finding the forum literally slow today. And other glitches that we've posted about on the Help thread. Very frustrating when I see I have five notifications but can't get them to show up!

Quiet day here at home, too. My big accomplishment for the day was shredding some papers that hubby finally got around to cleaning out!

so i worked today until 2:30.

took a few boxes out to my shed.

helped a little with daughter and her boyfriend who were icing cupcakes for my mom's dinner tonight.

sister-inlaw and nephew came over to see the cats and then visit with m mom when she came.  SIL and nephew didn't stay because of covid and she's immunocompromised.  don't blame her.

we had dinner with mom, younger daughter & boyfriend, and older daughter came up too.

after dinner, dessert.  we all had cupcakes, and we put a "?" candle in mom's.  didn't light it, but we did sing happy birthday.  mom "blew" on the candle, and said it would have been funny if the candle lit up!

then at 8, we had a little zoom chat with my brother, other sister-inlaw, and (for a second) my other nephew.  it was actually kinda fun.

and even though dinner went a little wonky in places, it's kinda to be expected; moreso during covid.

so... it all went pretty well. :) 

Good evening, CPA! B)

*sets out several yogurt containers, single serving ones, and spoons*

It started out chilly today (sweat pants... brrr) but has gradually warmed up again, thank goodness.

I went out to pick up my house sitting pay and return the key, and realized this is the first time I have been out of the house on a Sunday since March 15th last year. The Covid restrictions here started on March 16th and weekend lockdowns were part of it.

@trystan:

Screenshot_20210110-184205.thumb.jpg.49b8b87c229c41a97d30151dd767c461.jpg

ooh, thanks Lagie!

i've saved it, and will print it out ... eventually :) 

daughter and i worked tonight, she's hanging out with three friends in her bubble tonight. :)