Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

I have discovered the usefulness of red hatchies, not that I need the summoning trio I just traded four of them for, but one's a z. :)

Sunny and cool this morning. I am going to try going to work today. Will likely leave midday as tomorrow's the day I really need to be there for.

Toppage, page 311! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

glad you're feeling better then, Lagie! {{hugs}}

so over on that other forum with the gifting... i've not posted since the gifting started, and i still managed to get two gifts.  even though the site admins SAY there isn't a Gift-Born creature, i sometimes wonder.  if you send 25 gifts out to others (mine are always anonymous because they're usually event creatures, and therefore commons) you get a little badge on your profile saying you took part in the event (like our scrolls have), but for a few events in the past, if you did send out gifts, there's a secret, surprise creature that you can ONLY get via gifting others.  they stopped doing that because it was kinda unfair and no one knew about it until it was time to open gifts.  but still i wonder..... 😮

(nah, they're probably event commons i don't want anyway....)

Edited by trystan

That all sounds way too complicated. I like our nice straightforward dragons. :)

I vaguely managed a half day at work and am now resting therefrom. I just need to survive tomorrow, then I am off until Tuesday.

yeah, it has its quirks, that's for sure.  but fun creatures, like the orange birb thing in my sig.  it's a Potooto XD (but it takes you to my main creature page)

good luck tomorrow!

i have a half day, because i'm going with my younger daughter to her dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon.

No sigs on mobile!

Hope the appointment goes well.

I am watching Doctor Who DVDs and folding raffle tickets.

you're right! you can see my sig if you tap on my profile though! (or wait until you're on something other than your mobile...)

oh yaay Doctor Who!

Yup. I'll wait till I'm properly online.

I am sooo tired of folding and I still have several books' worth to go (21 tickets per book).

10 hours ago, trystan said:

oh wow, that's a LOT of folding! 😮

It is. Last year we had a lovely volunteer who came in two or three times a week and started folding right from when the tickets started returning. This year, she's staying home as she's older and her husband has health issues so it's not worth the Covid risk for them. It means, though, that we (me, the accountant, and the Board President) have just started folding this week - and the draw is on Tuesday. :rolleyes:

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

The kittens have begun venturing out in the daylight. I think mama kicked them out. (The community ferals, not mine, but I have a feeding station so everyone comes to me eventually.)

well that makes sense for your volunteer, Lagie!  good luck this year! :)

so last week we added another kitty to the crew, a 2-1/2 year old grey dude called Harvey.  he's still very shy, and now that he's discovered the rest of the house, he was hiding under younger daughter's bed most of the day yesterday.  he's not eating all that much, we really can't entice him with food like we can with three of the others. (Rocky just does his own thing anyway.)  he was probably under the bed all night, and so this morning, when hubby fed the cats, he put Harvey's food in a bowl and left it to hide in the microwave.  uhm.... canned food really shouldn't be left out for more than like 2 hours.  and it was in one of the stainless steel bowls we have for Rocky.  so i moved it into a porcelain bowl, covered it, and put it in the fridge.  the plan is the food can be reheated in the microwave (for like 10 seconds) when Harvey makes a re-appearance.  instead of being weird about it, i told hubby, "here's what i'm thinking for when we don't know where Harvey is at breakfast time..." and hubby's all "oh-kaaay" like i've told him 12 times or something.  mainly it's that if we can't find the cat, don't even open the can yet. *sigh* how hard is that? Harvey's been with us just over a week now, and he's still quite overwhelmed, i think.  he was at the shelter for 2 years.

Congratulations Trystan! If I need a cat I go to the shelter. This time though, I just grabbed one from under the deck.  Actually, I brought all 5  kittens in the house and advertised  for free kittens and all were rehomed except my little Marble. So Marble won the lottery! Like your fur babies are spoiled, Marble is too. Only she's the only furbaby in the house. I'm handicapped and I can't take care of more than one. What prompted you to go to the shelter to get a new furbaby?

all of our cats have either been a shelter, rescue or rehome. the prompt was hubby is a crazy cat dude.  Harvey is current kitty #5 XD

Edited by trystan

We homed out our last 'Watson' cat sometime late last year (2019). The Watson cats were 47 cats that came to us from a hoarding situation, so many of them were hard to adopt. They came in 2013, which meant that last poor soul had been with us for six years when he finally left.

It was a long time. He wasn't particularly friendly.

The problem with after work sleeping is... do I now eat something, or, having semi woken up, do I just stagger upstairs to my actual bed and go back to sleep, knowing I'll likely wake up hungry in a couple of hours? *yawns* A full day of work has done me right in.

yeah, that happens too.

hmm.... good question.  maybe have a little something now, then go to bed?

That's what I've done, but got distracted by a phone call from a friend then a good book. Good night!

*poofs in a cloud of mince pies*

oooh friends and good books!

oh, i'm reading Defending the Galaxy, another Maria Snyder book.  i took a picture of the book list in the front of it for you, Lagie... so you can see which of her books you haven't read.  it's back here~

Spoiler

z4qfpTw.jpg

the weird thing is, i read Eyes of Tamburah last year, so i'm not sure what's coming in February XD 

Ooh, enjoy the snow, @Fortune86! :D

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

@trystan, I have the Study, Glass, and Healer series (serieses? XD Series is already plural. :P ). Thanks for that list.

I am setting off in about ten minutes to try to beat the food store crowds.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

@trystan, I have the Study, Glass, and Healer series (serieses? XD Series is already plural. :P ). Thanks for that list.

you're welcome!

yeah, i don't know what to call more than one series either! XD 

MAN do I "dislike" snow. Had a little blizzard for about 24 hours. Lots of icy roads and no visibility and it's 25 below in the open wind. But my baby Christmas dragons hatched, so that's pretty cool. Are there going to be any new releases tonight at midnight? Or is that a question for another forum?

3 minutes ago, Suzan said:

Are there going to be any new releases tonight at midnight?

yep, there will be a new Holiday dragon that drops at midnight Cave/Eastern time, and the eggs drop for three full days....Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  there's a limit of two of them, and there will be a new forum post/announcement at midnight :) 

*sends a sled to Suzan, and some woolly mittens*

I got to the food store at 8. And got the second to last parking spot in the lot. I had no clue it would be that busy that early, but it was. At least with my list, I was able to make my rounds relatively quickly (except for steering issues with my cart that kept insisting I really always wanted to veer left) and checkout was a breeze with only three people ahead of me. My car is full of gas, and I snuck into work to close the dog food bag I'd left open (so it would not be full of cockroaches by Tuesday), so now I get to relax until Tuesday. I go out house sitting again on Saturday.