Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

XD Fair enough.

Yeah you won't find any peaches because there are no peaches in the game. XD

Describe it to me. I may be able to suggest a location. 

It looks like a peach on the screen XD

That's all I know.

Yeah the third one.

So far I only can find the pomegranate and carrots.

That's a Heart Beet (a veggie). Favoured food of Rock Slimes (makes them poop out two plorts instead of one). 

They are usually found in the Indigo Quarry, but you can find a patch in the Dry Reef. You'll need the Jetpack to reach it though IIRC.

Just beyond the gates to your ranch, jump over the ledge to your left and there will be a small plateau with some growing on it. They may have rotted away or been eaten, but they'll regrow so just keep checking.   

Dang I need a jetpack then.

Is it better to have mutated slimes or use the space for crops?

It depends on the upgrades to your gardens and how many Slimes per corral you have.

I like to have 5-10 Largos per corral (depending on how naughty they are XD) and have a crop of their favourite food nearby. With all upgrades on a garden you can usually get 15 fruits/veg per harvest. 

Pogofruits and Carrots have a max of 20, but no Slime favours them, so after a while they stop being useful. Same with Hens Hens and Elder Hens/Roostros.  

Largos?

In the current area there is like 6 plots. Can I get more?

Largos are the Slime hybrids, caused when a Slime eats a plort not of it's own type. If you feed a Tabby Slime a Pink Plort, you get a Pink Tabby Largo. They can't hybridise any further though (if you tried that in normal mode, you'd get a Tarr). 

There should be 8 plots in total in your starting area. Four in the main bit, two beside your house and two at the entrance to the Overgrowth.

You can purchase expansions that have more plots yes. 

Okay cool.

So far I only used three plots for slimes and two for food

If you can keep them all fed, that's fine :)

Edit: That said, get some Cuberries for your Lightbug (Phosphor) Slimes. 

Edited by Fortune86

You don't have to worry about a Tarr outbreak so that's ok, but Slimes can become unruly if hungry. They'll try to escape in search of food even if you have an Airnet and some (the meateaters) will even attack you if you get close. IIRC the Musicbox can help keep them calm for longer. 

Some Slimes can cause harm whether they are hungry or not. You'll know when you seem them XD

Edit: They can't die of hunger, but they may accidentally yeet themselves into the Slime Sea or an Incinerator if you have one. 

EditEdit: Phosphor Slimes (your Lightbugs) need to either be kept in The Grotto or in a corral with Solar Shields as daylight can kill them.

Edited by Fortune86

XD

You're supposed to feed them to calm them down, but you can just run past them. Health regenerates so unless you get really unlucky it's kinda hard to die.

Unless you're a numpty like me and just straight up walk off a cliff. 

Yeah I was wondering about that.

So I guess I won't even try walking off a cliff XD

You won't die die, just fall unconscious and wake up the next day with all your inventory gone. 

BTW, if you hear a jingle it's either a Lucky Slime or a Gold Slime. Neither can be caught, but Lucky Slimes will give out money if you feed it meat and Gold Slimes will drop Gold Plorts if you shoot any kind of food at it. Gold Slimes have a favourite food, but it's a late game rare spawn and can't be grown. 

I ran into a gold slime last night before I logged off but I was bombarded with those rock slimes XD

Use the Slimepedia. It's actually pretty handy especially when it comes to favoured foods and whatnot. The lab is expensive to unlock, but it lets you craft stuff.