Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Yes, it's a shared pool so a bathing suit is required! XD

I tried twice to read Ubik but gave up.

Toppage, page 153! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

LOL... of course i'd wear a bathing suit! :P 

never heard of Ubik, but a quick google search told me two things: 1- it does look pretty cool, and could be an interesting story.... but 2- PKD wrote some WEIRD things, so there's that XD 

It's weird. And hard to follow. And I didn't actually care about any of the characters I met before I gave up. One interesting bit was the reviving of dead people, kind of like the cold sleepers who are woken up at Christmas in the Doctor Who Matt Smith Christmas special (the Scrooge one - Kazran).

*sets out bacon and eggs*

I managed to sleep in a bit this morning. Good way to start a holiday!

Good morning.

I slept in a bit myself, since I read the clock wrong.

My shoulder's hurting today, I hope it stops soon.

As long as it didn't make you late for anything! Hope you shoulder feels better soon!

The little bit of drizzle has gone away and the sun is shining brightly. The lickdown makes things so very quiet.

(I give up. Lockdown* )

18 hours ago, trystan said:

i'm having trouble staying in mine... Stranger in a Strange Land.  i know if i keep reading, it'll eventually grab me, but it's slow going.  i'm in chapter 10 of 39 (pretty sure there's 39 chapters).  

I read that a long time ago, but I don't remember what it's about. 

So do we get to see your ad Lagie?

I'm moving into my apartment slowly.  I've got the kitchen set up.  

Just now, Classycal said:

So do we get to see your ad Lagie?

I'm moving into my apartment slowly.  I've got the kitchen set up.  

Not till I get back to work on the 17th!

One box at a time, right? XD

6 hours ago, Lagie said:

It's weird. And hard to follow.

yeah, that's PKD for you!

27 minutes ago, Classycal said:
18 hours ago, trystan said:

i'm having trouble staying in mine... Stranger in a Strange Land.  i know if i keep reading, it'll eventually grab me, but it's slow going.  i'm in chapter 10 of 39 (pretty sure there's 39 chapters).  

I read that a long time ago, but I don't remember what it's about. 

basically there's a mission to Mars that we don't know what happens, but there's a survivor who's lived his entire life on Mars and is brought to Earth as an adult.  he's lived his entire life on mars and now has to adapt to earth.  but i'm 11 chapters in now, and it's just not grabbing me.... at all. it's very slow going.

Hello CPA :D 

Stepdad's covid test came back negative! Whatever sickness is going through the house right now, at least it's not Covid. I've been sneezing all day XD

Yay! Maybe just simple allergies?

It might be, but they're a little more extreme than usual. Some kind of cold seems likely, though every sickness is cause for worry nowadays XD 

12 hours ago, Lagie said:

As long as it didn't make you late for anything!

Nope, I didn't end up late, luckily. My shoulder still hurts a bit, I think I slept on it or something. It'll be fine with some rest, I think.

@Paintra Get well soon! 

Well, thanks, WS! You?

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Bright and sunny so far today. We had a storm in the night that dumped more rain than last week's hurricane.

hey all, another hot day - it's supposed to be in the 90sF here for the next few days too. eww.

i mentioned that to hubby, and he said the humidity will break soon.  but, after all, these are the dog days of summer.

i said "seriously?"

but if i was writing it instead of speaking it, it would be spelled "siriusly?" XD 

Yup dog days. Hot and humid. The kind of days you find the dogs lying flat on the grass with their tongues hanging out. ;)

And what do I do? Mopping. So I'm now dripping sweat. Sigh. But at least my upstairs floors are clean.

33 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yup dog days. Hot and humid. The kind of days you find the dogs lying flat on the grass with their tongues hanging out. ;)

heh yep.

but also because the star Sirius was rising - Sirius is connected to the heat, as well as the brightest star in the constellation Sirius - the Dog. :D 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

heh yep.

but also because the star Sirius was rising - Sirius is connected to the heat, as well as the brightest star in the constellation Sirius - the Dog. :D 

That makes sense. Much more so than my hot dogs version.

Sleepy.

We try! XD

I have pigeons at my water bowls. One doesn't look as though it's feeling very well.

It's supposed to hit 100 Fahrenheit here soon. Staying inside is fine, but I might go crazy if I can't go on a walk soon XD

12 hours ago, Lagie said:

Well, thanks, WS! You?

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Bright and sunny so far today. We had a storm in the night that dumped more rain than last week's hurricane.

eh, okay. same as you guys, it's hot and I'm dying in the heat.

*sigh* the weekend is too short........

6 hours ago, Lagie said:

That makes sense. Much more so than my hot dogs version.

but i like your hot dogs version too! :) 

5 hours ago, Classycal said:

You guys are hilarious.

heh, i try.

it's like this: 

a-practical-guide-to-becoming-a-true-pun-master-1-1399646.png

i take #2 to heart :D

Very punny!

Just re-watched Chicken Run. Fun movie!

Good night, all!

*poofs in a cloud of brownies*

9 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Very punny!

isn't it though?  hubby says i don't have to say any of the puns.  but yanno what? that's what i do.  i make bad puns and i know things.

(ooh, i need that to be on a t-shirt.)