Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Just now, purplehaze said:

Oh, yes! That happens to me a lot, too. Or better yet, it's x:00:03 or something which is still much too late.

that too!  and i should have said :x1 or :x6.  but :x3 means it's time to pay attention for the next :x5....

hello hello, and thank you for the welcomes @trystan and @Lagie !! hope your day goes better from this point on, lagie. 

ive been sewing all day instead of being in-cave, if im preoccupied i always forget to check the cave on the 5 minute intervals x_x so i just watched ratatoullie LOL XD

16 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

ive been sewing all day

whatcha making?  if i'm not crocheting something*, i have a t-shirt quilt i'm finally working on.... or i'm making a mask or 2.

*right now i have two blankets in the works - one for me and one i'm making for charity

Edited by trystan
clarification

6 minutes ago, trystan said:

whatcha making?

a mask! i usually make stuffed animals, i just patched up one i made of mae from night in the woods, i did a sloppy job on one of the legs apparently because the string unravelled and i had to re-sew it. i do things by hand because i like to watch things while i sew and its much easier for me to keep my hands busy anyway. when i finish the mask tho, i started making a plushie of mao mao! i love that cartoon, combining cats and heroes? right up my alley!

just finished up one movie and im onto the next. im watching bolt now, it was my FAVORITE as a kid 😋 i was seriously obsessed, pretty badly, had the game for the wii and would play it nonstop and even pretend to be him, which is embarrassing but should have been a premonition for what i'd become, because i still get super obsessed with things. my hero academia has been a huge one for years too.. and to combine all these things, i made an oc of it very inspired by the bad guys from bolt LOL 😂 id love to share a pic if anyone was interested, but for now im back to sewing ^^

sorry for the huge post tho ^^; how big do you make your blankets? i never learned crochet, i think i should but i always have so much on my hands LOL

8 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

i do things by hand because i like to watch things while i sew and its much easier for me to keep my hands busy anyway.

THIS.  this is totally me.  plus, my sewing machine is too loud to watch tv while i'm sewing...

hmm, how big do i make blankets?  the one i'm donating will be small-ish, kid size maybe? it depends on how much yarn i actually have.  as for the blanket for me? it's about as wide as a full-size bed, and it'll be maybe a little more than 5 feet long?  it's for me. :) 

1 minute ago, trystan said:

hmm, how big do i make blankets?  the one i'm donating will be small-ish, kid size maybe? it depends on how much yarn i actually have.  as for the blanket for me? it's about as wide as a full-size bed, and it'll be maybe a little more than 5 feet long?  it's for me. :) 

i used to have a problem with making all of my projects too small, mae is the only thing i made that was slightly big. i measured her and from bottom of her shoe to top of her ear, shes 19.5 inches tall, and from shoe to head shes 17.5. my first projects i made were all suuuper small, i had to work up the courage to actually go for it and make them big! mao mao should be a little bit bigger than mae, i'm just hesitant to make him because i made the head before, but i messed up so badly on the pattern that he somehow looked like the moon??? it was a big yikes x_x;

2 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

i had to work up the courage to actually go for it and make them big!

yeah, the bigger things are the more fabric they need.  do you have pics of anything?  my crochet stuff is in the red yarn ball with the "r" in my sig.... or here: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/trystan830 XD 

1 minute ago, trystan said:

wow those are awesome! ill show a picture of mae, most of my other things are very beginner. plus, i mentioned an oc earlier, ill show some drawings ive done of her. ill put them all under a spoiler, i dont have any way to really organize all my pictures on a site or anything so please bear with me here TvT

i love the creeper you made hehe, a friend of mine makes crochet dolls and she sent me one of my favorite character. ill show him, too. all your stuff is soo cute, i cant stop looking at your page! :wub:

Spoiler

image0.jpg 

heres mae! her heads a little heavy, she always looks tired because if shes not leaning against something, it slouches over.

image1.jpg

some of my very beginner stuff (not the bigger bear the green one is sitting on, but that green bear is the first thing i ever made), a little button-eyed cat, one of my characters, and the doll my friend made!

image2.jpg

and i also do embroidery, these are on my backpack ^^

image.png.7022dc584a55c3ec4cb2f55dec5f0fba.png

and finally, heres addie! ive been drawing again lately, i redesigned her since i had her for a while and wasnt satisfied with her. i have another drawing of her here:

addie.thumb.png.299e3cecb784302b0cc2a178f81ef4c4.png

not the best pose or anatomy, but im not at all mad about how it turned out :3 zappy hands, and she rides a motorcycle, truly a cool girl.

Have no free space to hunt for eggs recently, since 6/8 of my eggslots are busy with random picks, and now I'm trying to trade them away for the things I really need. It would be nonsense if I end up tossing some CB Lihnseyres to the AP or freezing them to meet my scroll goals. The game isn't fun at all when all other people are obsessed with the new release :'D 

@BreRo have to agree there, definitely not as fun, i like to wait for the hype to die down ;v; btw, i love the astrology boxes in your signature, did you make them or are they from somewhere? (im a cap sun/gemini moon/cap rising myself 😋)

Welcome BreRo and InvaderAlexis.

I like the cat BreRo.  I don't know the cartoon though.

Trystan, I love that sweater you made.  It's the first thing that pops up on Ravelry.    

I'm currently working on an Americana quilt and am still working on masks.  I haven't crocheted in a while.  It's too hot!

Edited by Classycal

14 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

@BreRo have to agree there, definitely not as fun, i like to wait for the hype to die down ;v; btw, i love the astrology boxes in your signature, did you make them or are they from somewhere? (im a cap sun/gemini moon/cap rising myself 😋)

A-a, thank you! I love capricorns.

They are definitely not mine, I took them from the forum thread on the other pet site, they are actually linked to their credit topic if you want some for yourself^^

4 minutes ago, BreRo said:

they are actually linked to their credit topic if you want some for yourself^^

ooh i shouldda noticed that they were clickable. ive noticed i get along best with scorpios, cancers, sagittarius, and taurus 😆

also, thank you @Classycal !!

1 hour ago, InvaderAlexis said:

hello hello, and thank you for the welcomes @trystan and @Lagie !! hope your day goes better from this point on, lagie. 

ive been sewing all day instead of being in-cave, if im preoccupied i always forget to check the cave on the 5 minute intervals x_x so i just watched ratatoullie LOL XD

Improving, thanks!

Love Ratatouille! :D

Nice creations there.

@Lagie thank ya, lagie, great to hear that youre improving : >

Edited by InvaderAlexis

I find dealing with the public exhausting, and of course that's the main part of my job. XD Not to mention the math stuffs. :P

I go home and hibernate in the evenings.

2 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

ooh i shouldda noticed that they were clickable. ive noticed i get along best with scorpios, cancers, sagittarius, and taurus 😆

also, thank you Classycal !!

As for me, I also have a good relationship with other scorpios (otherwise I fight them to death) and also have a soft spot for cancers, if they are kinda rational and well educated. But in the most cases I'm surrounded by leos who I like, and aquariuses who are trying to change the way I am xD

Actually there was an astrology thread somewhere in the general discussion, where I posted not so recently.

Woke up somewhere near 12am by my local time, so I'm having my breakfast now, while watching some YouTube videos.

Yeah, people can cause a real pain in the lower spine ;)

Edited by BreRo

i love being in public, but i havent been doing much of it lately so ive been exhausted by that, heheh. i do find dealing with stupid people exhausting. so either way, a lose loes i suppose

Stupid people are a whole separate category! And I have a few of those shopping at my shop, too, but thankfully those ones stayed clear today.

Just now, BreRo said:

There should be an inside joke about mercury in retrograde, but I don't know how to implement it xD

Thank you! I had a meltdown onmy way home tonight because NO ONE seems to be understanding what I've been saying all day.

(And a friend's travel plans got messed up by Covid closure extensions) Now I understand why. ;)

i made a mistake in fabric choice for some details i want to put in this mask x_x it frays way too easily but its the only thin fabric i have in a light color. *sigh* 

Ah, I'm sure that's frustrating. Hope you can work it out.

it's working out pretty okay, just tedious and hard to work with. i have fray-check, so its not a huge issue, its just annoying to work with such tiny pieces.

Yeah, I had some miscommunications today too, but it is always hard to explain things related to mental health to those who don't have them, not only in some 'retrograde' times. Some people are quite immune to common sense all year 'round and it's just the way they are c;

Good luck to everyone who is working on communication, travelling and big deals these days! May the Force be with you :'D

Can't have my word on handcrafting though, since I usually don't do anything myself. InvaderAlexis, I hope it's going to end up well.