Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

I hope you enjoy dinner with her, Trystan.

I am... so tired. Didn't get much sleep today.

Good afternoon, CPA! B)

*sets out granola bars and Gatorade*

Has everyone been collecting their new eggies?

i have one of each of the new Xenos.  stalking now for #7.... XD 

I ended up with multiples of #7. I am now waiting for my cheese which should have melted by now (laid in the volcano, and incubated - why don't they melt? :blink: ) so I can pick up the alpine variant. And... it's ALL old eggs already. That's annoying.

Edited by Lagie
Updating...

14 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I am now waiting for my cheese which should have melted by now (laid in the volcano, and incubated - why don't they melt? :blink: )

XD  that's AWESOME! :D 

i went with hubby to pick up my mom today.... and i got one of each of the new ones in the car on the way there.  if i knew what the description of #7 was then, i probably would have kept looking. by the time i got home and after dinner and got back onto the Cave - the old ones were already back. *sigh*

It does seem far too early for the old ones to be predominant already. Only ONE new one fell in the alpine at the top of this hour. It's going to take me ages. (Ever since missing first day coppers and taking forever to finally get them, I get twitchy about not getting at least one egg on release day.)

wow.  i sorry.  i only want two of each of the new ones, so i can have a pair not related to each other.

i also wanted to rant a moment....

earlier, i'd gotten a snap from my daughter on her way into work - i was done at 2, she started at 2 (yes, we work at the same store, even together too).... i'd asked hubby to pick up lunch for me.  her snap was like a dialog of her and him on the way in:

him: she's making me pick up lunch for her [her means me]

daughter: maybe cause she hasn't taken a break and will be hungry for lunch

him: and she's decided to come with

daughter: it was easier that to take me to work, pick her up and take her home, and then go get Saf* ["me" means daughter]

to which i replied *sigh* .... and he didn't even ask me about it.  i thanked him for getting lunch and just kinda shrugged.  i said "it's okay to say you're welcome" - he didn't say anything to that either....

*Saf is short for Safta, which is Hebrew for Grandmom, which is what my kids (and my brothers' kids) call my mom

Nothing wrong with a rant, but I have to confess I'm not sure what you're saying there. Sorry for my confusion. 

*Zen hugs*

... counting down the minutes till 9 p.m. and the next hourly drop. I can be optimistic, right? ;)

Urgh. So much for optimism... I clicked mid-refresh, missed the xeno, got something else. On the 'plus' side, I now have a z'vampire someone might want. Sigh. The drop needed to be much much longer for seven different eggs.

Edited by Lagie
Updating...

i agree about the drop.

ok, translating the rant:

i was working 9 to 2,  daughter was working 2 to close.  i drove in.  hubby drove daughter to work and picked me up, leaving the car there, so she could drive home when she was done (since she closed, and who knows how long closing actually takes.)

parallel to this, hubby was going down to maryland to pick up my mom, who was visiting with my brother for a few weeks.  i figured it was easier for him to get me lunch, pick me up, and we both go to pick up my mom, instead of him taking me back home and then going back out - less running around.

so he was essentially complaining that i was making him pick up lunch for me and i insisted on going with to pick up Mom.

so now i'm complaining about his complaining XD 

Ah that makes more sense!

I'm actually thinking of going in to the shop tomorrow to have an hour or two of uninterrupted time to sort books. One of our usual book volunteers has been absent this weekend and her hubby isn't nearly as effective without her. And the third volunteer just complains about what the other two do without doing much himself. So perhaps I'd be able to make some progress on the six or seven boxes of unsorted book donations.

Thanks! Still undecided about going. I had a restless night.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

It rained in the night which cooled things down just a wee bit, but the day already feels muggy.

well that's not good then....

picked up my shopping.  they're still missing things - this time though, it was only one thing that they said was "out of stock" that i found on the shelf.

and instead of the disinfecting wipes section, there's now lots of packages of anti-bacterial hand wipes and bottles of scented liquid hand soap.  very interesting.  maybe i ought to try a different store one day this week?

daughter and i go into work at 3 today.

i asked hubby about yesterday, that he seemed confused why i wanted to go with.  i said it was one less trip - him to take me back home and then he would go out again.  he said "ooh a whole 10 minutes...."  i also mentioned that i had told him that he didn't have to get my lunch, he could have told me to order it from somewhere and we'd pick it up before we got on the way to get my mom.  he said his usual, dismissive "okay, dearie-pooh." *sigh*

(the Pooh something we've said forever, like Winnie the Pooh.  the "Dearie" is something he added way back when we watched season 1 of Once Upon A Time.  too much Rumpelstiltskin for hubby XD)

Hmm. A different store might be an option.

We have only two worth shopping at to choose from. One is semi-affordable. One is expensive.

I got overwhelmed by choice when I was in Canada last year! XD

there's a shop rite i could go to... but i don't really go anywhere near it until friday (i mean, i could stop after work tonight, but not after 8, with my daughter, and we haven't had dinner yet... so maybe friday.  we'll see how the week goes.

i'm trying to name my script dragons, and i keep getting the error page. hmm....

The cave has poofed...

I was going to do some spreadsheet updating.

I never did go to the shop to sort books. My car gets too hot in this weather.

well, i got one named.  but i have to go to work in like 20 minutes. hmm....

maybe everyone's using the Cave all at once?

Maybe?  This does happen once in a while during new releases if TJ has to reset something within the cave mechanics.

Our PM is speaking at 3 p.m.  I hope (but don't expect) he keeps our borders closed.

well, the good thing is i'll be at work for about 5 hours, and maybe tonight it'll be back to normal.

did you see the scary graph i shared on facebook? shows what such strong leadership we have in this country......

Nope, have not yet been to Facebook. I'm listening to Rachel Maddow, and if I do FB at the same time, I stop hearing what she's saying.

Will check on it after the PM's speech!

Yes, scary graph, @trystan. :(

Edit - the cave is back! Or maybe not...

Toppage, page 102! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

Cave seems to be up and down. :wacko:

I tried to do a little weeding outdoors awhile ago and was dripping with sweat in no time. I am back in the house and cooled down now. I would go out later in the day when it might be cooler, but then the 'skeeters are biting! Can't win!

Our lawn service guy was just here and mowed the grass. Said he had 4 more to do today still. I don't envy him being out in that heat. The sun is brutal and the humidity...