Zerachiel

Egg clicks aren't registering in encyclopedia

So just as the title says, any clicks i have made on eggs, hatchlings, dragons ect aren't registering in the encyclopedia. I'm trying to open up the Dino's so I can finally start grabbing some from the market. I managed to unlock the green dino but the others still remained locked. I have gone through many egg click sites, trades, basically anywhere I could physically click on a dino but even after nearly a year of doing this I am still sitting with only 6 clicks of the green egg (despite me having clicked on 3 just today) and others are saying I haven't even looked at them once despite clicking on multiple eggs/ hatchlings/adults. I don't know if i'm just doing something wrong cause I can't find much about this. 

Annotation 2020-03-05 104531.png

For the Market, eggs need to be unlocked (5 clicks aka observations of eggs, each.) So the green one should be unlocked for you in the Market.

For the Encyclopedia listing, adults need to be unlocked (15 clicks aka observations of adults, each.) For adults, you can go through the Encyclopedia Helper thread in Site Discussion.

Each individual counts for a click only once every 30 days, so maybe you clicked the same one multiple times?

Otherwise, I don't know why clicks wouldn't register.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Have you tried the helpers thread ?

I have a full set of all the colours on the front page of my scroll, if that helps at all.

@Fuzzbucket afaik only eggs count for unlocking in the market.

Zerachiel, have you tried going to their lineage page and clicking the egg there? That method can register clicks too.

As i said I have tried clicking many of them over the past year or so since the Encyclopedia page was released. I clicked on four different yellow eggs that someone was offering in trade the same day i posted this (which is why i wrote the forum post). Despite clicking four different eggs right off the trade window it still registers I haven't looked at a single yellow at all. 

On 3/6/2020 at 5:58 PM, Shadowdrake said:

Zerachiel, have you tried going to their lineage page and clicking the egg there? That method can register clicks too.

Did you try this ?

14 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Did you try this ?

Yep, just clicked on the lineage of three different dino's on the trade page. purple and blue are still registering I haven't even looked at one as i can't click on them and the green numbers didn't increase at all. 

Are you clicking the lineage link then on the egg to go to the view page?  View from lineage should always work unless you've already clicked it or have a cache error. I assume your  cache has been cleaned more recently than a year. 

On 3/9/2020 at 7:28 AM, DragonLady86 said:

Are you clicking the lineage link then on the egg to go to the view page?  View from lineage should always work unless you've already clicked it or have a cache error. I assume your  cache has been cleaned more recently than a year. 

Yeah my cache is set to auto clean ever few days, same with all the other fun stuff in order to keep this pos running smooth. But yeah i'm doing exactly what you said so i'm utterly confused as to why it isn't working. 

1. I open the encyclopedia page I'm trying to update on one tab.

2. I open the egg page on another tab.

Then when I open the egg page I switch tabs and refresh the encyclopedia page. If the new click doesn't show, I go back to the egg page, click on lineage and click the egg again from the lineage page. This usually works, but sometimes I click from the egg page to the lineage and back again to get the update. If you are sure you aren't clicking an egg you already clicked, this might work.

At this point it might be easier to just try trading for them. People label dino trades in their wants sometimes so you can still look in hub using the search bar.

On 3/8/2020 at 10:25 AM, Zerachiel said:

As i said I have tried clicking many of them over the past year or so since the Encyclopedia page was released. I clicked on four different yellow eggs that someone was offering in trade the same day i posted this (which is why i wrote the forum post). Despite clicking four different eggs right off the trade window it still registers I haven't looked at a single yellow at all. 

I am having this same problem with unlocking the yellow dinosaur egg. I believe it is the only dragon I have yet to unlock. All of my other dinosaurs are unlocked. I have used the Encyclopedia Helpers thread to help me with adults. I use Daily Dragon Fix as well and I also click on trading post links. But it shows me as only having ever clicked on two yellow dinosaur eggs. I wonder if it is an issue with the yellow dinosaur egg by any chance. Or maybe I’ve just been unlucky. I have tried both clicking the view links and the lineage links. I have not seen any yellow dinosaurs lately so I have not clicked on any this week.

Well, many of us HAVE unlocked it, so it can't be a sort of permanent thing. And the stats seem fairly like the others.....

image.png.e44001c94d44ea0abb78019870c4a9fc.png

image.png.42bfff2e3092f06809fc300cfd67d4e7.png

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Thanks. I just looked at mine. I have observed these Dino eggs: nine blue eggs, 10 red eggs, six green eggs, six purple eggs, but only two yellow eggs. Hopefully I will find more soon. I will try to make a note when I do as to whether my count increases.

Yeah, I've noticed this "click on lots of a certain breed but the number never changes" thing occur sometimes with mine. Especially Neglected. It took me finally obtaining an ND egg myself before I finally got the egg and hatchie images to unlock because it only registered maybe 1 in 20 hatchies that I'd click, both normally AND from lineage view. I frequented the unofficial Discord's NDing channel at the time (mid-2018, i believe) specifically for that unlock, so they can attest to this issue occuring.

So this is nothing new. The encyclopedia does break quite a bit for unlocking stuff. It's very annoying, especially for those rare eggs that you hardly see, like unbreedables.

I'm also having this issue. I have one each of Cheese and Paper dragons, but the encyclopedia doesn't recognizes my having them (not sure if it's because of how old they are). I've spent part of my evening intermittently searching through "accepting help" scrolls to find these breeds, but I'm not getting counts except on adults.

If they were caught before the encyclopedia they do not count. You have to click on/raise eggs or hatchlings to count as them. Any given dragon only counts every 30 days. (This is good way to reuse your own). I'd try fansite if you need eggs.

Here's my small collection. A few more hatchlings for you. https://dragcave.net/group/121245

Edited by DragonLady86

12 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

If they were caught before the encyclopedia they do not count. You have to click on/raise eggs or hatchlings to count as them. Any given dragon only counts every 30 days. (This is good way to reuse your own). I'd try fansite if you need eggs.

Here's my small collection. A few more hatchlings for you. https://dragcave.net/group/121245

Thank you for the clarification!  And the scroll share. :D