Shadowdrake

ANSWERED:Cave frequently not renewing or shuffling eggs (+more issues)

As of the past 24 hours, the cave has broken down and refused to clear out eggs on the hourly refresh multiple times, as well as/resulting in eggs not moving every 5 minutes like they're supposed to. I have noticed this happening 4 times: 3 pm and 5 pm DC time on Feb 23, and 1 am and 7 am on Feb 24.

This is really frequent for an error that makes the game much less enjoyable and I hope to see it fixed soon.

Edit: issues have now escalated. The cave has not generated any biome eggs for several hours, nocturne and spirit wards are stuck in night form (suns and glories breed normally), market dragons are unpurchasable and sinos are unsummonable, and at least one new player is unable to register according to the official discord.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Agreed. I've seen this happen before and people typically brush it off as something that just "happens" sometimes and there's nothing to worry about, blah blah blah... I find it very irritating and I simply refuse to believe it is intentional. :dry: Just now I was trying to hunt for Siyats, but can't do that since the biomes aren't shuffling in new eggs!

Something is really not OK. I never seen an empty Volcano biome, except on holidays or when new breed is released. 

The picture is made a minute ago.

Untitled.png

Edited by Alesita

I agree and second, thirded, and fourthed with all the above points - I've seen it happen multiple times over the last 24hrs too. Please fix this and please don't brush it off - there are now multiple biomes empty and something clearly isn't right. 

I sincerely believed there was a new release happening with both Alpine, Forest, AND Volcano all being empty. I checked the news but was extremely puzzled when there wasn't any new announcement.

I kept checking the three biomes on the 5 minute marks and they've still remained empty since the first time I've checked it, starting at the 9:10 am (EST) that I entered the cave... 

What is going on????

Edit; Nothing changed on the 9:20 am (EST) mark either. The three biomes with eggs still have the same eggs as they did at 9:10 am (EST). If people clear those three biomes out... would all six biomes be completely empty???

Edited by Indigo_Dragon

I wonder if this is related to the severe lag connecting to DC late last night/early this morning.

Just an fyi for those who aren't on discord - the official have a "site help" channel and they're "aware" (ie people have mention it) of the problem. 

These is something else strange happening. Its DC day time, and Spirits Ward's are glowing! 😫

I don"t know is it connected to the first problem. 

Untitled.png

Wow both my Spirit Wards and Nocturnes are acting like it's early night. O.e 

Also, biome update. Only the Jungle biome has any eggs left. All the other biomes are gone.

And it seems to be related (or maybe not) that the Marketplace isn't working either. It has a separate help thread. 

Yesterday (23rd) when ap hunting, I'd click an egg, and get taken to the tombstone page.

That happened on/off most of the afternoon (central time, if that matters at all).

I chalked it up to our bad internet, but thought I'd mention now that other issues have occurred.

ummm is the dc world experiencing some sort of equinox or solar eclipse? would that account for the night dragons all showing their colors?

I'm hoping we're getting a new month release!*crosses fingers* I know wishful thinking

I've got most of this reported up, has anyone noticed anything else besides 1. Obvious cave not generating eggs, 2. Market not working (error has occurred page when trying to purchase) and nocturnes/spirit wards seeming off?

Thanks for your patience ^^

I don't know if it's related but I had been experiencing "An Error has Occurred" off and on yesterday while trying to abandon eggs from my scroll. 

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Likewise, Nocturnes seem to be in nightmode as well.

Wow yes - my indicator hatchie is blue. Weird.

Having the same issues; no biome has any eggs. Ive been on the site for the past 20 minutes from this post and I still haven't seen any movement. I got a small glitch on the breeding selection screen that was fixed with a reload as well.

2 hours ago, Kaini said:

I've got most of this reported up, has anyone noticed anything else besides 1. Obvious cave not generating eggs, 2. Market not working (error has occurred page when trying to purchase) and nocturnes/spirit wards seeming off?

Thanks for your patience ^^

Using summon with Zyumorphs isn't working for me either, I get the tombstone error page every time I try.

Edit: It's working now!

Edited by Atalante

Biome appears to be fixed, we'll see if the shuffle issue is fixed for good or if it makes a return. Nocts and spirit wards are still stuck but that may take a day to see if they're fixed the next sunrise or so. I have not checked other issues.

Edited by Shadowdrake

4 hours ago, Lady_of_The_Forest said:

9 hours ago, Sazandora said:

Agreed. I've seen this happen before and people typically brush it off as something that just "happens" sometimes and there's nothing to worry about, blah blah blah... I find it very irritating and I simply refuse to believe it is intentional. :dry: Just now I was trying to hunt for Siyats, but can't do that since the biomes aren't shuffling in new eggs!

It's not that the players "brush it off", when the cave glitches and doesn't produce eggs. The problem is we can't do anything and TJ either can't reproduce the error to find it or doesn't think its common enough to worry about. Which, as it seems to happen more and more often, is very frustrating for all of us. :(

edit I have no idea why there is a second, blank quote and phone wont let me remove it.

Edited by DragonLady86

This (and other transient issues with market not working, etc) should be fixed by now, so I'm closing this out.

If you're still experiencing any issues, please open a new thread, which will make it obvious that there is a new set of issues.