Pyra

SPAM:Just saw a CB Silver Egg for the first time...

My internet decided to be slow and I didn't get it. I'm crying right now. I have wanted to catch my own Silver ever since I joined the website. Is it even worth hunting when there are so many users online? i might as well give up. I saw a Gold last night (didn't catch it either) and a Bronze which I could have caught but decided I didn't want it (I only have one egg slot left anyway). I feel like giving up, I only saw one Silver, this is my first one I have ever seen in the cave and I didn't catch it... I am certain I never will. They are too rare and there are too many users. It's so unfair. I think TJ should up the drop rates because it's so impossible.

Also, I know there are a lot of nice people who will breed their Silvers for me if I asked, or I could even trade for one, but I don't want either of those, I want to catch one myself.

What should I do? Should I just give up? It seems impossible.

Sorry for the vent, I'm just so angry and sad, it truly feels like I will never catch one.

All you can do is keep looking. If you give up it will certainly never happen. 

It was over two years after I started to play that I caught my first - and that was before biomes, so everything was in that one cave. It isn't impossible. It isn't even unfair - we all have the same chance and some of us are still on dial-up. It is just VERY hard.

7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

All you can do is keep looking. If you give up it will certainly never happen. 

It was over two years after I started to play that I caught my first - and that was before biomes, so everything was in that one cave. It isn't impossible. It isn't even unfair - we all have the same chance and some of us are still on dial-up. It is just VERY hard.

Yeah, but you see what I mean? Taking 2 years to catch a particular dragon is ridiculously unfair, especially to people who don't have fast internet or who can't camp in the cave all day and all night.

Now that you say that, it makes me think I won't ever see another one. I have been sitting in the cave for the past week or two, refreshing on almost every 5 minute and hourly mark. Will I see another one quicker than in another 2 years? Or will it be another 2 years that I see one? Were you sitting in the cave and refreshing when you saw yours, or was it just by luck?

I need some encouragement.

I've been here 10 years and still don't have any self-caught CB silvers or golds! :D

My only CB gold was gifted to me through a group, I think.

10 hours ago, Pyra said:

Yeah, but you see what I mean? Taking 2 years to catch a particular dragon is ridiculously unfair, especially to people who don't have fast internet or who can't camp in the cave all day and all night.

Now that you say that, it makes me think I won't ever see another one. I have been sitting in the cave for the past week or two, refreshing on almost every 5 minute and hourly mark. Will I see another one quicker than in another 2 years? Or will it be another 2 years that I see one? Were you sitting in the cave and refreshing when you saw yours, or was it just by luck?

I need some encouragement.

It's not unfair. Everyone is in the same position. Thinking about it in terms of fairness doesn't help; it just makes people bitter.

I do know how you feel - but rare dragons are rare. That's the way things are. The ones I have caught were not caught by sitting there hoping for a silver. On every occasion that I have caught one, I was just looking in the biomes - often for something else entirely. I don't think obsessing about one egg in particular helps.

I don't know how to encourage you, except to say that it will very likely happen when you least expect it and you need a mint or something and can't find one ! Good luck.

3 hours ago, Sashimi said:

I've been here 10 years and still don't have any self-caught CB silvers or golds! :D

This. I'm not particularly "rich" either, but I've managed to fill my scroll goals for CB Metals by now through the Market, generous people and by just being ridiculously lucky in trades. If you are destined to catch your Metals yourself, it's of course more difficult, but it is certainly possible to get them through other means if you are persistent.

That being said, I'm glad this game still has really challenging parts - if there was nothing to aim for anymore, I fear it would become boring at some point. I have reached all my scroll goals except for Neglecteds by now, but because of this I still have things to achieve, like catching a CB Silver/Gold myself. I don't see why people get so extremely upset about the "unfairness" of not being able to have everything (self caught Metals, CB Prizes), because for me that is what keeps the game interesting. I'm not saying that you are wrong by feeling bad about it, but maybe you can try to adopt this thinking so that you don't have to feel so bitter about it. :)

Sorry I missed this, but 'rant' topics aren't permitted in SD. Therefor, closing.

This topic (or the majority of the replies to this topic) has been deemed spam. Spam is not allowed per the board rules. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.