Shadowdrake

Mass action/BSA pages

Doing multiple actions on mobile is exasperating, due to the clicking, password inputting, clicking, returning to scroll and clicking again. Edit: Desktop is easier but could still benefit from this quality-of-life change.

Suggestion: have mass influence/incubate/ward/hide pages, where there's a column of checkboxes like teleport and it automatically uses up dragons sort of like how the hub page automatically slots in the next magi, giving you an error page if you don't have enough dragons to perform the action. I think influence should either have two separate pages, one for males and one for females, or one page with two columns of boxes.

I'd suggest it for fertility too but that would involve loading the whole scroll, so probably not. Unless we have multiple fertility select like group select?

Edited by Shadowdrake

I would use this, at least for incubating. (And not just on mobile.)

I would also like this to be available for "hide" - somehow !

Support here, especially for hiding eggs and incubating. EDIT: Also agree, needs to be computer available too.

Edited by Tetelestai

@Xylene very kindly made rough mockups! 

unknown.png

unknown.png

(for theoretical multi-magi trades where you can offer more than 4 dragons)

unknown.png

They also mentioned a counter of sorts, "You will use 3 out of XX red dragons." which I imagine could go on the password confirmation page if it doesn't change in real-time as you check boxes.

Oh my, a big huge Yes Please!! I've been asking for a mass-hide for *years*, but it would definitely also be helpful for BSAs. If all 8 eggs need Incubating, for example, that's a lot of clicking around even on desktop. I love those mockups and I *really* like the idea of a counter somewhere along the process.

The mockup looks great. I think it would be great to roll out for Incubate, Influence, Precognition, and Teleport. Fertility might be fine because the entire scroll has to be loaded anyway to chose the pair you want to use it on anyway. 

TOTALLY support - except... I do like to choose which ones I use; I like to give them all a fair chance, so I use them in rotation.... I am SO soppy ! :lol: 

Agreed w/ Fuzz that I like to pick and choose which ones I use specifically (I have a pair w matching names and I like to use them together lol) - however this could still easily be done by just BSAing one by one so absolutely support!  Would be a huge QoL thing on mobile.

10 minutes ago, Falorni said:

Agreed w/ Fuzz that I like to pick and choose which ones I use specifically (I have a pair w matching names and I like to use them together lol) - however this could still easily be done by just BSAing one by one so absolutely support!  Would be a huge QoL thing on mobile.

Oh I know. Just - well, you know ! I shall carry on going individual. Otherwise poor Very Rusty and Giovanni Pattipan may well lose the will to live... (I have a LOT of BSA dragons.)

I like BSAing in rotation too but when you have too many BSAs you forget who's next >.<

... I get lazy looking for the very last BSA I used, which involves more clicking for me, so I just pick randomly now ¬¬u

But yes, I give my support to this as well! ^^

55 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

I like BSAing in rotation too but when you have too many BSAs you forget who's next >.<

I'm so sad that I have it all in a database.... :blush:

13 minutes ago, Xopwe said:

How would this work for teleporting if I want to write different "wants"? 

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but couldn't you just... still make separate trades up on the hub?  From the mockup that was posted I kinda automatically assumed it'd only apply to offering on trades but this does raise a good point regardless - how would this work (if it even would) on putting up public trades?

4 hours ago, Falorni said:

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but couldn't you just... still make separate trades up on the hub?  From the mockup that was posted I kinda automatically assumed it'd only apply to offering on trades but this does raise a good point regardless - how would this work (if it even would) on putting up public trades?

Theoretically there could be options on the Teleport page, whether you want to make just one Teleport or more:

535441036_dcmockup.png.9a20c85ddd4648ab2bd6ae7a2dfa0858.png

And then just duplicate all the above info on the page for however many Teleports you want.

That said, this would all be completely optional so you could always just do things one at a time the way it is now. Or perhaps Teleport would be excluded since it's not as simple, the others you just need to check which dragons you want to use it on and input your password but Teleport is a bit more detailed than that. I don't necessarily think it would hurt the suggestion to have certain things excluded from it (like Fertility also, that too has a more complicated setup.)

The teleport idea was more for increasing the number of hatchlings you can place in one trade. There's no need to change how to make multiple separate trades since teleport can already transport multiple dragons.

11 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

The teleport idea was more for increasing the number of hatchlings you can place in one trade.

I suspect the 4-creature limit was intentional and not likely to change. If TJ wanted to change it, he could easily just allow more to be added with one Magi.

As for the other actions, I don't play on mobile so don't see a need for them, but have no objection to them if they help other people.

I have been on board to allow mass fogging in the other threads that have been made about that, so that is one I would use.

Mass-actions have caused me aggravation of my arm injuries so I'd definitely be down for something like this, because i'm not the only one with problems like that. Reducing clicks is good.

i am begging for this for influence, incubate and ward (ya know, holiday season is comming, be aware of viewbombing!)