TJ09

2020-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Help, I'm stuck! (TM).

I've given up on the weeding, hoping to come back after the cat; and I've sneaked out of the forest, hoping to find something more than "kitty-kitty" to coax the cat down.

Now I can't go back to the garden, nor into the forest. All I can do is try to steal Magnanimous' bugs, get yet another one of them and "start a new chapter", which is the same Groundhog day (I walk the dog in some parts, search for the cat in others, but can't actually succeed in anything).

As for walk-through... Here's a tentative one, I've gotten stuck and can't finish the tail end of it.

1. Go to kitchen, get SOUP.
  2. Look and nibble at chocolate.
  3. Hide evidence wherever (I hid it under my bed and would love to see the other versions).
  4. Go to your room, shake out piggy bank to get 3 COINS, PIGGY.
  5. Go to town, try to buy chocolate, find out you don't have enough (another thing I can't check, what if I hadn't shaken my pig for 3 coins?). Check out fountain to obtain RASPBERRY SWEET.
  6. Go back to neighbour's cave, try to steal chocolate. Search wherever, eventually you'll wake the dog, do what you like, eventually you'll have to try to sneak off. At which point Magnanimous will come, tell you about dog walking and give you the BUG ON A STICK.
  7. Go home, mope, start next chapter.
  8. Go to neighbour, tell him you'll walk the DOG. Get at least as far as village outskirts so that Lancelot breaks the nice garden. You can bring him back now (though you can rinse him in the river, it doesn't seem to make the destructo-dog any less of a mud-pie) and the Gold will give you 4 COINS.
  9. Go to the village, look at the bulletin. Check out the "Lost" pamphlet.
  10. Go to the fountain, the old-timers will give you 2 leads.
  11. Go to the Sweetshop, check behind it, find RACCOON.
  12. Go down to the river, investigate, search bushes, find SKUNK.
  13. Go back to the outskirts of the town, search behind house (and possibly in other places, too, dunno - after you exhaust all options, the Black dragoness definitely sends you to the woods).
  14. Go up the path, the bullies will tell you they've chased the cat into the woods, go into the woods, coax cat down. I guess that's where you get a CAT, but that's where I got stuck due to going out of the woods before getting Sprinkles down. With cat, go to town and get the reward (presumably the largest pile of COINS).
  15. On the outskirts of town you'll also see the garden the dog broke. Fix it (pick pots, put rocks, fix and water plants) to get FLOWER and an invitation to do some weeding.
    1. Once you start weeding, GoN forbid you give up, that's where I got stuck as well. Upon success, you presumably get 8 COINS (second-largest pile, however many there are, might not be 8, but I'm losing count).
  16. (Presumably, buy chocolate and put it back to finish quest. Dunno)

That is theoretically it, but I'm stuck and can't check ://

Edited by Snowwall

Here is my usual holiday post asking that someone please screenshot the end of the wall, it *should* be gone by the time I get up in the morning (according to the times on the last v-days I bred). 

Thank you everyone who made this event possible!

7 hours ago, Erra said:

I love this new dragons!

PS. Anyone know, its all items?

SAamW9j.png

I have the same, been wondering the same thing, especially since I had those before yesterday's part and that would mean it brought no new items which is weird

anyone?

20 hours ago, spatio said:

It tends to happen when every stranger you meet falls under the influence of your mind powers instantly loves you and oh!  Of course you can have my lunch!  What a cute little guy.  I just love that kid.

Now I want an Erador x Desipis checker, tee hee hee!

1 hour ago, VixenDra said:

I have the same, been wondering the same thing, especially since I had those before yesterday's part and that would mean it brought no new items which is weird

After TJ unsticking things, I continued and got an extra item - a box of chocolate. Number 14.

2020-02-18_20-36.png

...and after starting over, I'm getting an empty chocolate box as well - as soon as I "look" at them (i.e. eat the lot)

Edited by Snowwall

8 minutes ago, Snowwall said:

After TJ unsticking things, I continued and got an extra item - a box of chocolate. Number 14.

2020-02-18_20-36.png

I just replayed and I also got an empty box of chocolates in addition to the new one. So 15 now.

choco.png.d9ea096f4ee9d920f2498658a34cb309.png

Edited by Ripan

47 minutes ago, Ripan said:

I just replayed and I also got an empty box of chocolates in addition to the new one. So 15 now.

choco.png.d9ea096f4ee9d920f2498658a34cb309.png

i try get both heart-boxes bot maymy im unlucky xD

Not a fan of story quests, sadly, I never really have time to read those and plain text doesn't interest me as much as visual interactions :c In fact I haven't read any books in a few years for that reason.

However the new dragon is a gorgeous addition, unusually colorful for a Vday species. Congrats to the spriters! .u.

3 hours ago, Snowwall said:

2020-02-18_20-36.png

...and after starting over, I'm getting an empty chocolate box as well - as soon as I "look" at them (i.e. eat the lot)

Well that's a bummer.  I don't have time nor the inclination re-do the event, trying to get the two candy boxes.  Wish TJ would give all who "finished" the event the candy boxes we are now missing.

Redid the event this morning in about 5 mins—wasn’t really time-intensive to click all the links. I have those cute little chocolate boxes now :) 

1 hour ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

Well that's a bummer.  I don't have time nor the inclination re-do the event, trying to get the two candy boxes.  Wish TJ would give all who "finished" the event the candy boxes we are now missing.

The event runs until midnight tonight, so you might have a chance (you dont have to do all actions, just ones that give items). I was able to redo the story and get all items in less than 10 minutes by skipping over some actions

I didn't really want to redo the event, either, but I wanted to get everything into my inventory. It really didn't take long to run through it again and I probably went places I didn't need to go because I wasn't sure where I got some of the items before. I only spent about 10 minutes on it this time. No need to really read anything on the rerun.

Thanks again to TJ and the spriters and the writers of the event story and everyone else involved in making this another great DC Valentines Day.

And thanks to everyone who bred their lovely Valentine lines. I am still picking up as many as I can from the AP. I have managed to pick up a lot of needed mates, as well as some very beautiful new lines!

14 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Here is my usual holiday post asking that someone please screenshot the end of the wall, it *should* be gone by the time I get up in the morning (according to the times on the last v-days I bred). 

Thank you everyone who made this event possible!

...... Hahaha. I guess I very much misjudged the times! V-days still in the AP at the moment. I think I'm done hunting (because I have literally 0 freezes left!) but I'm poking around every so often anyways.

6 hours ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

I doubt very much if we'll be able to see them afterwards anyway - but as purple says, it hardly takes any time to redo it.

😭😭First time since I joined DC, I've missed Valentine's Day. Gosh, this sucks.

I guess that'll teach me to volunteer at hospital to help with this virus outbreak thing. lol

Edited by calenlass

1 hour ago, calenlass said:

I guess that'll teach me to volunteer at hospital to help with this virus outbreak thing. lol

Watch the ap, you should be able to find some eggs there.

4 hours ago, VioletWhirlwind said:

I had to rush through the story again, but I got both heart boxes (In addition to the other items) now.

...and I got distracted and didn't even get to the dog on my second run...

5 hours ago, calenlass said:

I'm sure people at hospital appreciated your help :)

Question is, what did you miss that you wanted to do? New eggs, breeding, quest?

Edited by Snowwall

1 hour ago, anetofstars said:

Would love to see my inventory?

I wouldn't be surprised if we are not allowed to keep our inventory, since that is what was done (arbitrarily and without a reason given, I might add) for the quest of Halloween 2018. Really left a sour taste in my mouth at the time. What is even the point of these quests if we are not allowed to keep our inventory? Might as well stop making and doing quests, then.

3 hours ago, Duysterwald said:

What is even the point of these quests if we are not allowed to keep our inventory? Might as well stop making and doing quests, then.

It's fun just playing them ? Something to do during the wall.

5 hours ago, Duysterwald said:

What is even the point of these quests if we are not allowed to keep our inventory?

The events keep us busy during the holiday.  Nobody says you have to play, that is your option.  I rather enjoy them. As for the inventory, the event plus all the inventory can be found here: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released

edit: I forgot to add: I really appreciate all the time, work, talent, effort and creativity that goes into each and every event.  Thanks TJ, spriters and writers.

Edited by Pinch of StarDust