TJ09

2020-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Oh wow. I love the adults! But am I the only one who hears Hymn of the Fayth? XD Seriously, I do love it. ^_^

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

Love how chubby cute the S1s for these are! The adult form isn’t quite what I was expecting, but I love the faces, textures, feathers and colors—those shocks of ELECTRIC BLUE and the swirly strawberry shortcake vibe streaking on the side. Very cute eggs too. Very nice! *w* Gives me tropical parrot + dessert vibes ❤️ 

Nicely written story event, too! I wonder if we keep the trinkets after, since there’s no way to go back to look for more? Also I’m curious if our mum is a crimson or red or something else!

The adults are definitely not what I expected, but they look very interesting. I still might keep a frozen hatchie, though. I went back and got everything I missed the first time, which was nice. A very fun event overall ^^

OMG!!!!!!

I love the adults! 

My new fave!!!!

Thank you artists/spriter's!!!!

I really want to see the alt!!!

The adults are so cool! It will be interesting finding mates for these guys.

The name makes me think of Eros, aka Cupid; they have golden arrows on their wings and influence others to get along and be friendly towards one another.

Love the pudgy little S1's (somewhat less the S2's, although they are cute, too) and love the explanation for their pudginess! XD

@spatio Thanks for the lovely artwork and the extra lore. And thanks to you and @Corteo for a lovely dragon. The colors are beautifully done and I like the pose -- sort of showing off his tail feathers like a peacock.

Edited by purplehaze

The adults look wonderful and this RP event was really fun and a lovely story. Kudos to the artists for awesome dragon and the writers for this years event.

Oh my god the adults are amazing! They're very unique and a great contribution to the Valentine dragons ❤️ 

7 hours ago, spatio said:

ddqm7e8-f3cf9134-1fae-4986-9f24-47dd0139bb81.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2NiMjVjNDkzLWU0ZjctNDkxYS1hMGFhLTY2NjUwZWM3MzJkY1wvZGRxbTdlOC1mM2NmOTEzNC0xZmFlLTQ5ODYtOWYyNC00N2RkMDEzOWJiODEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.KDcFAEaOL8JQMCj3zLchXBejW0lYo_KKR0rdmVlYHnA

In case anyone was wondering what the underside of their tails looked like. ;)

Some Super Secret Extra Special Additional Information if anyone is interested:

• Their scents generally range from raspberry-and-white-chocolate to cherries-and-cream.  They do not, however, taste like raspberries or cherries.  I would not advise licking them.  You will get a mouthful of feathers and a worried and/or judgmental look from the dragon you just licked.
  • VERY MISCHIEVOUS.  Basically, it’s a lovely morning in the village, and you are a horrible goose bored dragon with the power to befriend literally anyone.  Or, more accurately, make other people and dragons think they’re friends, at least temporarily.  Most Cassare probably just think these guys are kinda weird.  Shopkeepers, on the other hand, have to take special precautions that their employees don’t get “befriended” into giving the passing Erador a “I just met you but you’re my new best friend” discount.
  • While a few individuals might use their powers for evil (if making tough, angry, loner-types discover the Power of Friendship or getting half off on croissants is evil), most Eradors are fairly laid-back.  They make excellent mediators, as they value compassion and understanding varied points of view.
  • Hatchlings are chonky.  It tends to happen when every stranger you meet falls under the influence of your mind powers instantly loves you and oh!  Of course you can have my lunch!  What a cute little guy.  I just love that kid.
  • The line of blue and purple feathers on their backs stops a little past their wings.  Their tails are protected by the large scutes on the sides and iridescent blue plates that pick up where their back feathers trail off.  In emergencies, these scutes and the slightly stronger spires on their tail can be used as a weapon.  They are not very strong, however, and as such an Erador will only fight if their life or the life of a loved one is in immediate danger.  They can breathe fire, though it is not very intense and generally ineffective as a weapon (great for toasting snacks, though).  It comes in shades of pale purple, blue, or green, depending on the individual.

Chaotic good.

My only issue is that I wish more of that mischievous bonus text was actually in the on-site description, it was way too amusing to be left out.

Also chonker hatchies are 10/10 adorable - Would offer heckin treat-Os again.

If they met a Desipis would the Erador's mind powers be able to affect it? It would be kinda funny if they where one of the few absolute counters to the all powerful desipis.

"You dare challenge me, fool?! None have ever defeated me in battle, I am madness, I am calamity, fear me for I am- ... YOUR BFF, LETS GO BRAINWASH SOME SQUIRRELS TOGETHER, BUDDY!"

Image result for mortal kombat friendship gif

Lol, they could totally beat a desipis in a fight, they fear this breed even more than the cassare! 

No amount of jossing will stop this headcanon from making me smile. No one can stop me.

Lovely! The adults are gorgeous and the event was really cute and enjoyable :) Thanks for all the hard work you put in!

8 hours ago, spatio said:

Their scents generally range from raspberry-and-white-chocolate to cherries-and-cream.  They do not, however, taste like raspberries or cherries.  I would not advise licking them.  You will get a mouthful of feathers and a worried and/or judgmental look from the dragon you just licked.

I just... That's... Why is that so dang funny? I'm now very curious how many people (or dragons) have actually tried licking these guys. .... *remembers licking strawberry-scented doll as a kid* Uh, I won't lick him, I promise! :lol:

Honestly one of my favorite things about the adult Erador is how simple and easy to understand the design is. I always prefer the less-detail-intensive dragons, the ones that don't have tons of markings everywhere and body parts hard to make out. This guy is just gorgeous, it's a really great design and awesome colors and it's easy to see the scutes on the tail and the spires and all the different details while still being so high-quality and purty. 

Evthing about this Dragon is gorgeous!  I really love the egg, but the hatching and the adult are very pretty too.

I love these guys and the extra description the artist gave. I also wish that some of the extra description could end up in the official description. It's very entertaining. 

As far as the design and art, I think it's very well done. The only slight "I wish" I have is wishing that the gold shading on the wings is lighter so that the yellow/gold looks more like that of the egg. Speaking of the egg, that thing is a thing of absolute beauty! I wish we had a way to collect eggs and keep them as eggs! 

Thank youuu!! I looove love love this release! I'm only upset that we can't have more than two. 

I love the additional artwork and description, the color contrast, the pose... Ahhh I'll be collecting a lot of these next year!! Thanks TJ and spriters!

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Hatchlings are chonky.

The best thing I've read all day. XD

10 hours ago, spatio said:

ddqm7e8-f3cf9134-1fae-4986-9f24-47dd0139bb81.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2NiMjVjNDkzLWU0ZjctNDkxYS1hMGFhLTY2NjUwZWM3MzJkY1wvZGRxbTdlOC1mM2NmOTEzNC0xZmFlLTQ5ODYtOWYyNC00N2RkMDEzOWJiODEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.KDcFAEaOL8JQMCj3zLchXBejW0lYo_KKR0rdmVlYHnA

In case anyone was wondering what the underside of their tails looked like. ;)

Some Super Secret Extra Special Additional Information if anyone is interested:

• Their scents generally range from raspberry-and-white-chocolate to cherries-and-cream.  They do not, however, taste like raspberries or cherries.  I would not advise licking them.  You will get a mouthful of feathers and a worried and/or judgmental look from the dragon you just licked.
  • VERY MISCHIEVOUS.  Basically, it’s a lovely morning in the village, and you are a horrible goose bored dragon with the power to befriend literally anyone.  Or, more accurately, make other people and dragons think they’re friends, at least temporarily.  Most Cassare probably just think these guys are kinda weird.  Shopkeepers, on the other hand, have to take special precautions that their employees don’t get “befriended” into giving the passing Erador a “I just met you but you’re my new best friend” discount.
  • While a few individuals might use their powers for evil (if making tough, angry, loner-types discover the Power of Friendship or getting half off on croissants is evil), most Eradors are fairly laid-back.  They make excellent mediators, as they value compassion and understanding varied points of view.
  • Hatchlings are chonky.  It tends to happen when every stranger you meet falls under the influence of your mind powers instantly loves you and oh!  Of course you can have my lunch!  What a cute little guy.  I just love that kid.
  • The line of blue and purple feathers on their backs stops a little past their wings.  Their tails are protected by the large scutes on the sides and iridescent blue plates that pick up where their back feathers trail off.  In emergencies, these scutes and the slightly stronger spires on their tail can be used as a weapon.  They are not very strong, however, and as such an Erador will only fight if their life or the life of a loved one is in immediate danger.  They can breathe fire, though it is not very intense and generally ineffective as a weapon (great for toasting snacks, though).  It comes in shades of pale purple, blue, or green, depending on the individual.

love these guys even more now. FATTY FRIENDSHIP GEESE. XD 

Curious what the full inventory for the mini game is.  I'm wondering if I missed anything.....

The new dragon looks great!  Keep up the awesome work, everyone!