BubbyAuroratheLightDragon

Scroll Descriptions

I was looking at my scroll and realized people would be looking at my dragon descriptions and seeing all this detailed information about dragons and their relationship with my DC-Alt persona (I changed my original persona to fit DC for my scroll because idk how to change scroll names and I don't name OCs after my persona) and then wondering, who exactly is Bubby? My scroll name implies she is a white dragon, and my descriptions can imply she is a human, but can also point towards her being a blancblack dragon or other light-dark elemental dragon, so what is she? It’s revealed on-site that she has a short temper and is very brave, but how else does she act? How does she treat her dragons? Etc, etc. My suggestion is a scroll description. 

A scroll description is basically a bio for the players to describe the very character they play as, in the same way they describe their grown and frozen dragons. Like dragon descriptions, scroll descriptions have to be moderated and they always follow the same rules (with a possible exception of the third person only rule). I also think the player characters shouldn’t be able to be time travelers because that kind of defeats the point of a medieval setting. I also think they shouldn’t be dragons (despite me accidentally implying my oc is a dragon lol), though it could POSSIBLY be ok to make them half dragon (TJ can decide if he decides to do this at all)? 

The option to describe the scroll would probably be under account, labeled as something like "Describe Yourself" or "Describe your Scroll". 

Edited by BubbyAuroratheLightDragon

Just an FYI - you actually can't change your scroll name....

Nice idea which I probably wouldn't bother with (never say never !) but I am sure others will. So for that reason, support.

I would prefer to have this listed as 'describe your scroll' rather than 'describe yourself' for those of us who do not have a scroll-owner character in their scrolls' canons. On my scroll, for example, dragons are sapient, independent, and generally opposed to being owned. I believe exactly two of my descriptions mention 'Kakaru' (Card Catalogue the paper and (nOKoD) the moonstone) in any way, and they have conflicting ideas of what one is. As such, describing "myself" would feel like asking to describe me the user rather than a character I project into Valkemare.

What guidelines would apply to these descriptions? Would they have to be in the site's canon, like dragon descriptions? Or could users use them to share things outside of canon such as trading/code interests (at least, trading is outside of my scroll's canon, because dragons bartering their kids is creepy) and things that would be rejected in dragon descriptions, like links to or numbers of groups beyond the four highlighted ones and forum usernames? Would they need approval from a description mod, or appear automatically and need to be reported for someone to look into them?

I tentatively support this concept. I think the answers to these questions might influence its support and implementability greatly.

I'm pretty sure I stated in the op that scroll descriptions would follow the same guidelines as dragon descriptions.

Edited by BubbyAuroratheLightDragon
I oofed

So nothing in the first person. No saying "I do this" and the like.

I actually don't see why it should be - it was just a reminder that that is a constraint. There's no problem with telling it all in the third person. DESCRIBE the scroll as seen by someone else.

I mean, most of the "rule exceptions" I wrote down are solely maybes, MAYBE we can tell it in first person, MAYBE our character is the offspring of a human and dragon, etc

I can't remember the rules about humans; I THOUGHT they were a no-no.... Can anyone confirm or deny ?

Fuzzbucket: https://dragcave.net/help/descriptions

I don't recall anything for or against humans on Valkemare. In some of my descriptions they're on the dinner menu and that seems to be fine.

My problem is that I don't have a 'scroll owner' to describe, and even the physical object is impossible without being the biproduct of an eldritch horror that definitely would count as 'overpowering your character'. Also, how do I "actually describe the dragon" without a character/object to actually describe? Would I be able to simply rattle off geographical information concerning the main population centers throughout the continent on which my scroll exists? I was expecting that I could use this concept to put a disclaimer about some of my old, poorly-written descriptions and introductions to Nworset, my Verseweavers lineage, and the Madder Jungle.

How can I introduce the contents of my scroll with 1,000 characters, describing a "character", and within the site canon?

I have no idea. I wouldn't use this - but some people seem to like the idea, so for them I support it. I don't see myself myself as a scroll owner as such, so it really doesn't bother me,. If I were to do this, it would be about how close the cave is to the beach - that kind of stuff..

I vaguely recall someone talking about humans in a description and being told not to - but I can't see anything about it - that was why I asked of anyone else did.

Wow, this is such a cute suggestion. I'd love it, definitely support! It might finally motivate me to make a narrative for my dragons...

I think my scroll description would read something like "Breed on request. PM olympe on the forums." No first person. ;) 

I don't give my dragons descriptions, I just collect them. I really have no head canon for my dragons or for me as their collector, but I support this for those who do. I think it would be a nice extension of dragon descriptions for those who have enough imagination to write them. ;)