TJ09

2020-02-08 - Valentine's Day Event Schedule

Completely forgot about this and looked at the AP to see Vday dragons. Not feeling it this year at all just from personal stuff going on. Breeded my 19's for freezing, unsure if I will breed the rest. Hoping that the event is something low key. Happy for the new egg. Happy Valentine's day :)

8 hours ago, Shokomon said:

It's time for Valentine's!

I wonder what the event will be?

Return of Dragon Matchmaking?

Sending Flowers? Chocholate? Candy?

Another tale of Valkemare? Video game or Click Adventure?

Repeat Dragon Dating Sim????!!

Something completely new?

Any guess anyone?

I hope it's an event like the old sending flowers event, I really liked that one! 

12 hours ago, purplehaze said:

This is the hardest part of the holiday breeding seasons -- that time when your scroll is totally filled with brand new eggs and you can't do anything more for two days! XD

Thanks TJ for another year of Valentine fun. Can't wait to see what the new dragon will be this year.

Yup, I'm soooo tempted to use earthquake.....

Already got a Floral Crowned, can't wait to get Sakuhanas!

So this is kind of a weird question.

I bred one of my '19 VDay dragons to a Luminox and thought they matched really well in the lineage window. The wing area in particular. I plopped the sprites into a program and zoomed in, and sure enough the wings of both dragons have the same exact pixel count in many areas of the two sprites.

Comparison link

Couldn't be bothered to do the whole thing but you get the gist.

My question is: Is this intentional? Did both sprites use the same preliminary sketch/linework for the wings, and that's why they're identical in areas? Do the artists know? Was it an oversight?

I'm not making any accusations-- for all I know using parts of the same linework in multiple sprites is common practice-- but this was just way too weird not to ask about.

@Nine That definitely is interesting. Of course I don’t know, but the artists could have possibly collaborated on a sprite at some point, and both happened to repurpose the pieces for the two different dragons. Whatever it was, the lineage tiles do match up nicely :P 

47 minutes ago, StormBirdRising said:

Does anyone have Valetines hatchies yet? I can't wait until mine hatch.

I will in about 5 hours.

So, the majority (4/7 so far) of mine this year are frill pairings/checkers.  Just happened to work out that way.

Edited by Library_gremlin

21 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

I will in about 5 hours.

So, the majority (4/7 so far) of mine this year are frill pairings/checkers.  Just happened to work out that way.

7 more hours for me. The waiting is driving me crazy.

*pokes eggs*  All at 4 days, only one has hatched.  

*pokes some more*

. . . and they hatched at last.

Edited by Library_gremlin

I have one hatched so far. 3 more have large holes but are reluctant to actually come out, lol. 

While I doubt this will happen. I cant help but want a "box of chocolates" that has a combination of all the previous "Send a *blank*" things to random people.

Likewise, wouldn't mind seeing something like Dragon matchmaking return...though as more of a 'create the scene' style event where you pick the dragons you see and add items.

Mine two have hatched, the other five sitting with huge holes. It is so hard to catch missing releases. So far I need another Soulstone and Sakuhana, to have at least two of eachX)

Uhm... my scroll is coded for dark sweetlings. I only had one CB originally, so I managed to grab a second CB this year ... and it hatched pink! Is that to be expected? I sure expected to have a 2nd CB dark sweetling.

Thoughts?

23 minutes ago, deblogan said:

Uhm... my scroll is coded for dark sweetlings. I only had one CB originally, so I managed to grab a second CB this year ... and it hatched pink! Is that to be expected? I sure expected to have a 2nd CB dark sweetling.

Thoughts?

Black Sweetlings are being phased out, I think. Any existing ones will remain, but if I understand correctly Sweetlings will only be black if bred from black sweetlings *and* are on a black sweetling scroll when they hatch.

Also, I don't think CBs were ever coded to turn black after the initial year no matter what scroll they were on? May be wrong.

Wow hey, Valentines Day sure is a thing huh? I always liked the customize-your-cave game. Great announcement, thanks for the heads up!

Btw mods, if you're gonna make something go poof please just PM me with a smiley emoticon to let me know everything is alright. Otherwise I don't know if this is a "there is no war in Ba Sing Se" sort of thing, you know?

The flower gifting events were always nice too.

19 minutes ago, Keileon said:

Black Sweetlings are being phased out, I think. Any existing ones will remain, but if I understand correctly Sweetlings will only be black if bred from black sweetlings *and* are on a black sweetling scroll when they hatch.

Also, I don't think CBs were ever coded to turn black after the initial year no matter what scroll they were on? May be wrong.

If some one put up a black sweetling hatchie for trade, and I traded for it, would it still be black on my scroll or would it change to pink?

7 minutes ago, StormBirdRising said:

If some one put up a black sweetling hatchie for trade, and I traded for it, would it still be black on my scroll or would it change to pink?

If you've never had a black Sweetling, you can never have a black Sweetling. So if yours are pink, any Sweetling you trade for will also end up pink.

4 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

If you've never had a black Sweetling, you can never have a black Sweetling. So if yours are pink, any Sweetling you trade for will also end up pink.

Okay, thanks. :)

1 hour ago, deblogan said:

Thoughts?

It is expected.  Things were changed two years ago in a turbulent way for alt sweetling owners.  If you wish to plow through the thread it's here.  It's not a pretty sight.

1 hour ago, deblogan said:

Thoughts?

This is part of the changes to black sweets rolled out 2 years ago. It was a big enough uproar that I'm not linking anything as to not stir the hornets nest over it, just know that that is now the norm. You can have pink sweets now, but will never get another CB black sweet, & blacks can still be bred.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone! I missed the dark sweetling uproar (I took a break from DC) so was surprised by this. The sweetling I bred did indeed hatch dark, so I now have both dark and pink CB sweetlings ... I'll consider myself lucky!

8 hours ago, deblogan said:

Thoughts?

I thought I heard somewhere that those with Blacks would keep them, but any new ones (bred or CB) would turn pink on a scroll coded for black.

4 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

I thought I heard somewhere that those with Blacks would keep them, but any new ones (bred or CB) would turn pink on a scroll coded for black.

Evidently it only works for sweetlings I breed, because my new CB is most definitely pink! Since I missed the uproar 2 years ago, this was certainly a surprise to me *LOL*