Silvynx

2019 Releases Massbreed

2019 had many wonderful releases and I know many people including myself are eager to or have already begun working on lineage projects for them, so to celebrate another year of new dragons and even out the ratios a bit I'd like to propose a mass breeding to help kick start their populations. Lineage doesn't matter for this, we'll just be breeding as many as we can.

Releases to be bred include:

March- Aqualis and Blancblack

April- Mariner Pygmy and Skysilk

May- Aeria Gloris, Vremya Drake, Galvanic, Kovos Pygmy, Lihnseyre, and Geminae

June- Avea Pygmy and Rift Wyrm

July- Glowback Pygmy and Luminox

September- Coral Pygmy and Tercorn

December- Sandwaste and Aranoa

I haven't added the holiday releases since the point of this is to help the ratios, but if people want them included let me know and I'll add 2Gs from them to the list if there's a lot of interest.

Breeding will occur a week from today, on Saturday January 25th. If anyone wants a reminder drop a message in this thread and I'll make a list, pings will probably go out around 2pm cave time. If you aren't available Saturday feel free to participate on Friday or Sunday, every egg counts!

Reminder List

Chaosdawn
purplehaze
Mochi
walkinslow
hedy

Aleoleo

Fandom Addict

Crystals

Anneith (discord)

Sciencing (discord)

Simmy27star (discord)

infinistorm (discord)

RAAM Loves Inbreds (discord)

Edited by Silvynx
add reminders

I'd be up for this! I really love Blancblacks, Rift Wyrms and Tercorns. I don't really have any lineages, just CB. I know lots of people are prepping for Valentines so I might breed a bunch of these with Val dragons to help out. 

I haven't really started lineages with most of these, but I would be glad to breed some 2nd gens. A reminder would be good for me!

I've hoarded a lot of the new breeds but haven't done as much breeding with them as I'd hoped

This would be a nice chance to start

I do have a nice blancblank lineage I was working on though

Would definitely love a reminder for this

This sounds good, sign me up for reminders as well! Great way to fix the ratios a bit and also to find new lineage ideas. 

I've started the reminder list and everyone who wants one has been added up to here

I'd love to participate, but I expect to be out of town on Saturday, so not sure if I'll have a chance to breed much. Anyway we can add Sunday to the breeding day(s) for those of us who can't make it Saturday?

Great idea, I'd appreciate a reminder as well!

I have a couple of ongoing projects with these breeds already (Tercorn, Galvanic, Avea), I look forward to finding new lineage ideas... ^_^

List updated! I added a note for those who aren't available Saturday, I won't be sending reminders for other days but you're of course welcome to breed whenever you can! They'll all count towards the ratios regardless of day after all.

I had a bit of time this morning, so breed all of mine. Sent about 85 eggs to the AP, and kept 3. Had a few refusals and the odd no egg/interest, but most gave an egg of the newer breeds. 

@Chaosdawn @purplehaze @Mochi @walkinslow @hedy @Aleoleo @Crystals

It's time! Quick reminder of what we're breeding:

March- Aqualis and Blancblack

April- Mariner Pygmy and Skysilk

May- Aeria Gloris, Vremya Drake, Galvanic, Kovos Pygmy, Lihnseyre, and Geminae

June- Avea Pygmy and Rift Wyrm

July- Glowback Pygmy and Luminox

September- Coral Pygmy and Tercorn

December- Sandwaste and Aranoa

Thanks Fandom Addict for contributing, let's fix those ratios!

Okay, I'm curious.  What is the purpose of this exactly?  I saw something about fixing ratios, but I don't really know how that works, or even if it means what I think it means.  If someone could be kind enough to explain, I'd really appreciate it.  If I understand and agree, then I'll breed some somethings. :)

@Emerald01 Each breed has a ratio assigned to it that determines what proportion of all dragons should be ones of that breed. It basically serves as the rarity for that breed, and if that breed's numbers are below the ideal proportion you'll be much more likely to get an egg of the under populated one than its mate. This means that new breeds tend to only give eggs of their own kind since they're starting from zero whereas everything else already has an established population, and tends to make lineage projects difficult for the first year or so after a new release. The purpose of this massbreed is give all the newer breeds a boost in population so that they're closer to the intended ratio and it's easier to get other eggs from them.

Well that makes total sense!  Thank you for explaining!  I will go breed some things. :)

Sent 183 eggs to the AP! I forgot what a pain it is to massbreed dragons who've never been bred before... I'm really glad it's over XD 

A handful of non 2019 breeds managed to push through - some Carmines, quite a few of the pygmy/2-heads breeds, a surprising high amount of Almeralds, and a few others (including a Terrae from Aqualis that auto'ed and will probably take forever to replace :()

Looking forward to the AP in a few days!!

Thanks for the reminder - still at it. :)

Time to reappreciate those pretty new dragons. :wub:

ETA: Done! Several refusals and no interest, but I sent about 40 eggs to the AP.

And now I'm going to breed some Valentinekin. :)

Edited by walkinslow
addition

I sent 105 eggs to the AP, including 8 or so old breeds. Some refusals, since I don't bother with fertility for mass breeds, but most pairs gave me eggs.

I had bred some of the newer dragons a day or so ago, too, so those will be showing up sooner.

I tried out some interesting pairings that I will probably be trying for lineages once things settle down a little. It does take a lot longer to breed so many new pairs, but it was actually kind of fun to think what I would like to pair them with.

Thanks everyone for participating! Between here and discord we sent 570 eggs from people that mentioned their totals, plus at least another 7 breeders who didn't.

I just bred 30 to the AP- mostly random 2gs, plus some 3g Holiday checkers, but all clean-lineaged. I was surprised by the few non-2019 eggs that managed to come through, mostly from Aqualis breedings.