meeps114

What ratio of unnamed to named dragons do you have?

Not as bad as I feared, 1,940/4,606, although around 50 or so of those are on purpose because of codes. I have a lot of trouble coming up with names if I can't find good inspiration in their ancestry. I also have a bunch of song lyrics and similar things on placeholders for projects I haven't quite figured out yet (one of which I might just drop at this point), so I might actually be worse off than I thought. Oops.

I do try to get them all named, especially holiday dragons or other lines that I know I will breed for the AP.

24 unnamed from 445 in total. The unnamed ones, are total messes from my early years here ( 2010 - 2012 ). Now i am on the principle, it has a gender, it must has a name, and added to suitable group. 

On 1/16/2020 at 4:29 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

Only if the dragon that carries it is still in the database. Which is NOT the case for nonfrozen hatchlings. Try to use that name again?

Oh RUBY - I just tried and I couldn't reuse the name of the dead  unfrozen hatchling that has now left my scroll....

Have a name and give it a shot -  https://dragcave.net/view/yAnj3 - no longer on my scroll even as a tombstone, but the name will not attach to anyone else. (If he were still there he'd be at the very bottom of my last page where all my zombie fodder lives.)

ETA OK Ruby - I take it back; NOW I can use the name, so it must take that day or so longer for the name to be OK after the tombstones leaves.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Currently 23 out of 6,038 - I'm doing pretty well. *g* Sometimes it takes me a few days (or weeks), though.

246 out of 2443, I get a bit lazy but I always start a naming spree after a bit so half or so of these dragons will get a name.

311/2,670

Honestly not as bad as I thought. Problem is many of them have grown up without me knowing. And working on a phone makes it difficult to name them at times. I've been naming a few at a time though so hopefully I can get back to all of them having names.