Sign in to follow this  
milo

Encyclopedia Linking to Specific Breed on Scroll

I was thinking it would be really helpful if on a specific encyclopedia page where it says "Adults Raised" it could link to a page similar to the breeding availability page or a group page, but just showing all the dragons of that breed on your scroll. Occasionally I have only one of a dragon and want to check the name/look at it for whatever reason and I have the worst time trying to find it! If no adults have been raised on the scroll it could just have a simple page saying that instead. 

Does this make sense at all? I feel like having multiple pages of hundreds of dragons makes finding specific ones pretty difficult sometimes, and an encyclopedia-aided breed search/locate option would rock. 

I think this could be handy for me. You have my support.

I like this idea, and I see how it could be helpful. There are already ways to see a specific breed on your scroll, like sorting by breed or filtering on the Fertility page or Add-to-group page, which is what I usually do. Personally I'd like to see something simpler and more inclusive, like actual on-scroll filters to show only a specific breed or type, or maybe even the ability to 'tag' dragons and search among tags. I think things like that would be a lot more helpful, in more ways, then a link in the encyclopedia (which still necessitates actually going to the encyclopedia page and then clicking a link, instead of just filtering the scroll or somesuch). 

Being able to filter dragons by breed (and other attributes) is something I've talked about elsewhere and will likely happen in some form...but I don't think this is it.

Connecting the "Adults raised" or "hatchlings owned" to a list of your current adults or hatchlings is misleading. It conflates a lifetime total with what you actually still have. It would be entirely possible to see "Adults Raised: 100" and click through to a completely empty list, if you released or killed them all, etc. While that's an extreme example, I think smaller mismatches ("five adults raised but I only have three...where'd the other two go?") are still just as likely and just as confusing.

Thanks for the replies! I was also concerned about the discrepancies between lifetime and current totals. I really like @HeatherMarie's idea--a feature on the top of the scroll page identical to the one at the top of the hub: a drop-down menu that helps locate dragons of a specific breed currently on the scroll. This is a way better idea than mine!

Sign in to follow this