angelicdragonpuppy

Alert users to “your offer couldn’t be accepted”

Blech hard to find a succinct title—

It would be nice if we had the option to “accept” an offer from those who are locked and can’t complete the offer—and by doing so, a trade notification would be sent to the person telling them “user X tried to accept your offer, but was unable to.”

Sitting here staring at a nice offer from someone who’s egglocked with no way to convey this to them and it’s quite frustrating. Not the first time, either.

Alternately, maybe have a little “hey, you can make this offer but the person will be unable to accept until you have room” message ding up when you make such an offer. I know, I know, it’s hand-holdy, but people not figuring it out just causes aggravation for everybody.

I have to say that the last time I ran up against this one, the person was OK when they made the offer, but had collected more stuff afterwards - so your second option has a major flaw ;)

On 12/31/2019 at 4:41 AM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Blech hard to find a succinct title—

It would be nice if we had the option to “accept” an offer from those who are locked and can’t complete the offer—and by doing so, a trade notification would be sent to the person telling them “user X tried to accept your offer, but was unable to.”

Sitting here staring at a nice offer from someone who’s egglocked with no way to convey this to them and it’s quite frustrating. Not the first time, either.

+1 for this.

Not to derail your topic so early in the thread :ph34r: ( and maybe there is a topic for this already) but related to this are players who offer things that hatch and thus automatically cancel the trade. I don’t know if people are notified after this happens? (Notified after a trade is automatically canceled because one of their eggs hatched.)  It presents a similar situation: the trade gets canceled but the person doesn’t re-offer because perhaps they think that the other trader canceled it.

But yes, to return to the original topic, I definitely support. :)